The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it's still on after 15 years, which I find shocking. Popular. Never could watch myself.

I wish some of our players would try out.

oh wow it's still going!the flame torches always looked cool.

Haha send them off somewhere..less of a holiday then what they had last season or time before randomly..do some good

I have no doubt that were it Mourinho in that dugout, a fair few of the people who are criticizing Guus would be singing a different tone. We'd be seeing comments like "crucial point gained at a difficult ground". Excuses after excuses would be thrown about as to why we were so poor in possession - "well we were missing Costa", "well Utd might be in poor form but they're still United", oh and the obligatory "would you rather have lost 4-0 like Arsenal?" It's funny how so much more is being expected from an interim manager who's only had a week to work with these players than the previous manager who had years to mold this team according to his vision.

Hats off to Tomo who is backing Gus just as strongly as he did with Mourinho.

The issue for me is that you guys have got what you wanted. Jose is gone and what's left?

Another of Romans mates in charge who doesn't seem to have a clue about the squad and has achieved not very much in the last 6 years. And who's in charge of transfer targets in January? Another of Romans mate and heir to Avram's throne. Now if you feel more connected to the club since Jose left then I envy you.

For me I don't have any faith in any of these people and I genuinely think relegation might be the only way we change things. Otherwise we appoint Rodgers or Pellegrino and repeat the same mistakes for the same decade. That's what most of us have been saying that it goes beyond just the coach, and I'm pretty sure those guys who sang Joses name in the stands today probably agree on the whole.

I do agree with this to an extent. The problem I have with 'this time next month' is our position is precarious that the point of sacking Mourinho now was to bring in a manager who would implement the changes we've been crying out for. Namely, sorting out this defence which clearly has a massive gap on the right that needs plugging. I'm not even suggesting we use Aina or Loftus-Cheek or Musonda to sort this out. Right now, I couldn't give a flying crap about youth integration. We're in a relegation scrap and are struggling to get 3 points consistently, anyone can see where the problem is and Hiddink's reluctance to act immediately is telling. I don't want to speak on the farce of RLC's introduction today - Mourinho was slated for similar. But when a 19-year old is continuously skinning our undisputed right-back, you don't need a week to act.

You want Hiddink to sort out the right side of our defence, that's fine but what really are his options? You take out Ivanovic and put Azpi on the right side and then you have a gaping hole on the left side instead. We have Baba Rahman for that position but lets not forget how shaky he has been in his previous appearances in the starting XI. He could do better than Ivanovic on the right or hell, do even worse. It's really a double edge situation and there's no obvious solution right now. We would have more/better choices if it weren't for Mourinho and his appalling squad management.

So, who's ready to admit sacking Jose was a bad decision?

LOL. What utter rubbish to come with after 2 games in charge. At least we created against Watford and looked more like an attacking team. Moruinho lost against Bournemouth. Let's put things into perspective. How about we use common sense and wait until Hiddink has had a few games in charge.

I tried to find common sense in Jose's actions, sometimes it was really difficult, i give you that! Jose has to take his fair share of the blame. I'm not in denial!

But then we sacked him and hired another coach, i was hopeful, thought now we field some youth, try to score one more instead of trying to defend.

But nothing changes, no one has a clue what to do.

Have you seen how Matic tried to score?

Even my dad who doesn't like Chelsea pitied Matic, maybe the fail of the season so far, why did he choose to hit it with so much power?

He has been piss poor so far, but yet another chance to play, can't believe it.

Is Loftus-Cheek really that bad? He should give up on his career, if that's true.

Loftus-Cheek who is a huge talent and tries to make an impact, but bringing him on in injury time is a fuckin' disgrace, only here for time wasting or what?

Some of his mates were finished, take a look at Hazard, but Guus did jack shit against it!

We should have stood by Jose, that was his worst season in his career, but at least he has a proven track record in the past.

Should have ordered him to give up on the season and play the goddamn youth, but no, always hire another manager and let the players off the hook.

Anyway, think we disagree another time.

But that's how it is...

Cheers.

I get you like Mourinho a lot mate but did you ever criticize him for those exact things he did himself? I don't think you did pal.

I don't think we should have kept with Mourinho. First game without him and we play our best football of the season? Coincidence or not.

I don't mind people who defend Mourinho but berating Hidding for what Mourinho done is completely hypocritical and shows that some people will defend Mourinho, no matter what. Now when Hiddink guides us to wins, I guarantee you a lot of the Mourinho supporters will start reverting to the claim "they want to play for Hiddink but chose to not play for Moruinho" because they don't want to give any credit to Hiddink.

And regarding Matic, you are being very harsh. He was a big reason we never lost the game. He was very good today apart from the miss. He got another chance to play and Hiddink's decision proved right. He was excellent.

DIdn't people criticize Mourinho just when he was appointed. Not against him being sacked, but people should be able to bring up the valid points that they have had against the decisions Hiddink has made early too. Early judgement can't just be made on one and not the other.

DIdn't people criticize Mourinho just when he was appointed. Not against him being sacked, but people should be able to bring up the valid points that they have had against the decisions Hiddink has made early too. Early judgement can't just be made on one and not the other.

Yes but some perspective would be nice. :)

LOL. What utter rubbish to come with after 2 games in charge. At least we created against Watford and looked more like an attacking team. Moruinho lost against Bournemouth. Let's put things into perspective. How about we use common sense and wait until Hiddink has had a few games in charge.

I get you like Mourinho a lot mate but did you ever criticize him for those exact things he did himself? I don't think you did pal.

I don't think we should have kept with Mourinho. First game without him and we play our best football of the season? Coincidence or not.

I don't mind people who defend Mourinho but berating Hidding for what Mourinho done is completely hypocritical and shows that some people will defend Mourinho, no matter what. Now when Hiddink guides us to wins, I guarantee you a lot of the Mourinho supporters will start reverting to the claim "they want to play for Hiddink but chose to not play for Moruinho" because they don't want to give any credit to Hiddink.

And regarding Matic, you are being very harsh. He was a big reason we never lost the game. He was very good today apart from the miss. He got another chance to play and Hiddink's decision proved right. He was excellent.

The issue is that if we sacked Mourinho then appointed someone who does the same, what's the point?

As for the Sunderland game, yes we played well. So why not stick with Stevie Holland? Why go to Romans mate? Tell me one thing that Guus has done in the time Jose won four titles and a champions league that makes him the man for this job.

Fact is we've got rid of one of us and appointed another of Romans yes men. Guus will sit there like a kitten having his belly rubbed whilst Emenalo and granovskaia go about acquiring players for Brendan Rodgers. Is that what you're happy with or did you think when you called for Jose to be sacked pep guardiola would be on the first flight from Munich?

The issue is that if we sacked Mourinho then appointed someone who does the same, what's the point?

As for the Sunderland game, yes we played well. So why not stick with Stevie Holland? Why go to Romans mate? Tell me one thing that Guus has done in the time Jose won four titles and a champions league that makes him the man for this job.

Fact is we've got rid of one of us and appointed another of Romans yes men. Guus will sit there like a kitten having his belly rubbed whilst Emenalo and granovskaia go about acquiring players for Brendan Rodgers. Is that what you're happy with or did you think when you called for Jose to be sacked pep guardiola would be on the first flight from Munich?

I see your point however because he has been in charge for a few days, I am assuming he does not want to make wholesale changes as of yet. He probably saw how we performed against Sunderland and did not want to change too much. However the next few weeks will show if he is willing to make different changes to Jose. I hope he does tbh but I think he wanted to continue with a winning team against Sunderalnd. Play safe against United. Now he has a whole week more to prepare, we will see how different he is to Jose.

Jesus - can we please have some perspective and patience here!

2nd game, Yes 2nd game in charge and already the hatchets are out?

Seriously?

Of course he's going to play the team that has been previously playing - he needs time to evaluate the players following his instructions, you cannot compare previous VT of players as the coach would have been using different tactics

I do seriously question some of the anger on here. I took over a poorly performing team in my previous job, I instantly identified the weaknesses, but it took me over a month to implement the changes.

I'm sure Guus will get to it quicker, but I would expect more of the same against Palace and then a different approach. To me that's fair and reasonable.

Please let's not resort to craziness already - give the guy a chance.

If come end of Jan, Ivanovic is still a starter and things haven't improved, I will gladly eat my hat!

At least we have a point more than we did prior to the game.

So, who's ready to admit sacking Jose was a bad decision?

never agreed with it and made it clear many times. I don't believe in interim managers. I just hoped Guus was better than what I feared, turns out that doesn't seem to be the case, quite the opposite.

But I won't criticize him beyond his team selections - as someone mentioned, José had been walking in thin ice for weeks, and Emenalo or whoever probably talked to him back then. Study a team doesn't take weeks, it takes only that: study. If he had studied the team, he wouldn't have dropped Zouma and he'd know Ivanovic is a walking nightmare. He'd play Kenedy instead of one of our many useless AMs or even as a LB.

I know there's pressure on the team to recover and although he's only an interim, there's some pressure on him too, but he could and must do better than that.

At the end of the day criticizing an interim work is counterproductive. He's not here to stay, he doesn't seem to have a clue, but at least the atmosphere is much better now - or it should.

Getting a better atmosphere was the only thing we could accomplish by firing Mourinho in the middle of the season, and we might get that, but I don't see anything beyond that - because as I said a few times, I don't think the players are good enough to dig out of the hole they and Mourinho got the club in. I'd be worried about relegation, but it shouldn't be hard as Villa and Sunderland already claimed their positions there with some delay if you ask me. If don't get to finish out of it when in reality there's only one spot in dispute, we deserve what we get.

I don't see this team even finishing in the top half, no matter who we bring on January (I don't think we'll bring many guys). I just think it's the best chance we have to start integrating youth in a more significant way. We won't want to throw the kids in the lion's den, but once we get a good margin away from relegation, they should be more played. What was the point of having many of them in the bench today if he hasn't used them?

Jesus - can we please have some perspective and patience here!

2nd game, Yes 2nd game in charge and already the hatchets are out?

Seriously?

Of course he's going to play the team that has been previously playing - he needs time to evaluate the players following his instructions, you cannot compare previous VT of players as the coach would have been using different tactics

I do seriously question some of the anger on here. I took over a poorly performing team in my previous job, I instantly identified the weaknesses, but it took me over a month to implement the changes.

I'm sure Guus will get to it quicker, but I would expect more of the same against Palace and then a different approach. To me that's fair and reasonable.

Please let's not resort to craziness already - give the guy a chance.

If come end of Jan, Ivanovic is still a starter and things haven't improved, I will gladly eat my hat!

At least we have a point more than we did prior to the game.

Majority of Mourinho supporters who are bitter about him leaving are literally waiting to pounce on Hiddink on anything he does wrong rather than give him support.

You want Hiddink to sort out the right side of our defence, that's fine but what really are his options? You take out Ivanovic and put Azpi on the right side and then you have a gaping hole on the left side instead. We have Baba Rahman for that position but lets not forget how shaky he has been in his previous appearances in the starting XI. He could do better than Ivanovic on the right or hell, do even worse. It's really a double edge situation and there's no obvious solution right now. We would have more/better choices if it weren't for Mourinho and his appalling squad management.

Yeah, I mean I did bring up the same issue in the Ivanovic thread. But at the same time, given the fact we're talking about hindsight lately on various ex-players, Rahman could come good with a run of games. Whether it's true or not, it's still a proactive approach. This approach is reactionary, Hiddink's waiting for his disaster to fix itself without some intervention other than 'look at yourselves in the mirror'.

Again, I'm not calling for his head but I don't buy this argument he hasn't had enough time to analyse our weak links.

Majority of Mourinho supporters who are bitter about him leaving are literally waiting to pounce on Hiddink on anything he does wrong rather than give him support.

Come on Stats, you're better than that. Like with every thread that starts in it's early days (see; Lampard), there are some valid points that aren't out of spite.

The issue for me is that you guys have got what you wanted. Jose is gone and what's left?

Another of Romans mates in charge who doesn't seem to have a clue about the squad and has achieved not very much in the last 6 years. And who's in charge of transfer targets in January? Another of Romans mate and heir to Avram's throne. Now if you feel more connected to the club since Jose left then I envy you.

For me I don't have any faith in any of these people and I genuinely think relegation might be the only way we change things. Otherwise we appoint Rodgers or Pellegrino and repeat the same mistakes for the same decade. That's what most of us have been saying that it goes beyond just the coach, and I'm pretty sure those guys who sang Joses name in the stands today probably agree on the whole.

He might not have a clue about the squad...but at least we look like a team capable of scoring goals

If true that's really sad ?

I don't look at members on here and see Pro-Mou / Anti-Mou - just see fans...

We need to stick together now, more than ever.

We need to back Hiddink to the rafters, the wheels are already off the season, now is about hitting 40 points as quickly as possible and seeing what other bonuses we can pick up.

I do expect the same team against Palace, then I'm hoping for some serious changes moving forward.

btw - I agree with whoever says is too early, but when you see 60, 75 minutes of horrible football by some footballers in a way it's difficult to imagine how worse they could be, and you still won't have your subs done there's just no excuse to be done for you as a manager. Happy to say I used to criticize Mourinho a lot for the same. One of the things he missed from his early days, when he was sharp and quick with his subs.

btw - I agree with whoever says is too early, but when you see 60, 75 minutes of horrible football by some footballers in a way it's difficult to imagine how worse they could be, and you still won't have your subs done there's just no excuse to be done for you as a manager. Happy to say I used to criticize Mourinho a lot for the same. One of the things he missed from his early days, when he was sharp and quick with his subs.

Sadly I missed the game - but it doesn't sound good and yes, Subs change games - but maybe Guus was concerned he might change it and make it worse

I will have to watch the match

However, it is way too early to start thinking Guus can wave the miracle wand

I hope to see some big changes after Palace - only then with the hectic schedule gone will we find out whether Mr Hiddink has a little, big or dead horse ? :)