The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

You both made fair points but it's worth trying to understand from where Hiddink is coming from. It's like what Peace said after the Saturday match...

If Hiddink is still doing the same things say this time next month, then I think he deserves to be criticized. But for now, any criticism is a tad harsh. He needs a bit of time to sort this out. We're in a huge mess - perhaps some are underestimating the magnitude of it after Mourinho's sacking - and Hiddink doesn't have a magic wand to just solve our problems. Throwing the kids in now won't exactly improve matters either - as much as we all want to see that happen. Think we fans are prone to or have a tendency to assume youth players have suddenly become world class and the finished product when things go pear shaped in the first team.

I do agree with this to an extent. The problem I have with 'this time next month' is our position is precarious that the point of sacking Mourinho now was to bring in a manager who would implement the changes we've been crying out for. Namely, sorting out this defence which clearly has a massive gap on the right that needs plugging. I'm not even suggesting we use Aina or Loftus-Cheek or Musonda to sort this out.

Right now, I couldn't give a flying crap about youth integration. We're in a relegation scrap and are struggling to get 3 points consistently, anyone can see where the problem is and Hiddink's reluctance to act immediately is telling. I don't want to speak on the farce of RLC's introduction today - Mourinho was slated for similar. But when a 19-year old is continuously skinning our undisputed right-back, you don't need a week to act.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same people who wanted Mourinho to stay now want Guus out, although We played 2 games when he is in charge, we still haven't lost and those games where played in 3 days time.

To be honest, I've not seen many people say they want Guus out at all. We're simply calling him out on the things Mourinho got fired for, of course it's absurd to ask for his head after 2 games!

In the future games he must stop playing Ivanovic as a RB, and restore Azpilicueta to his natural duties.

I believe that many people will be disappointed at the end of the season... Hiddink will not be the one to bench Ivanovic and the latter will play nearly all games till the end of the season.

I am pretty sure that for Guus, Ivanovic is still the guy that scored two goals against Liverpool in the CL. I doubt he saw a lot of games from him. In addition to that, when he came back he found out that Ivanovic was vice-captain... When you are hired mid-season, it is a difficult decision to bench a vice-captain that was already in place before your appointment — this is even more true when you are not aware that the said player is one of the worst players — if not the worst...

I saw that people suggested that he should do his homeworks, that there are videos and analysis/analysts... Yeah fine. But what would he saw if he looks at these analysis/analysts ? That Ivanovic has been elected in the 2015 'team of the year'. He will also find out that Gary Neville described Ivanovic, in february 2015, as the best right-back in England. And if I am not mistaken, I believe that toward september, Neville also diminished Ivanovic's responsibility by pointing out that his mistakes were the result of collective mistakes (Matic would not protect the back-four correctly). As for the videos ? Well, the vast majority of Chelsea fans realized only this year that Ivanovic had past his sell-by-date and they were very surprised it happened. If people that watch him week-in and week-out take a lot of time to realize the misery he is in, then what about a grandpa that just came out of retirement ?

No, Ivanovic his keeping his place untill the end of the season. Nonetheless, I hope Guus proves me wrong.

I believe that many people will be disappointed at the end of the season... Hiddink will not be the one to bench Ivanovic and the latter will play nearly all games till the end of the season.

I am pretty sure that for Guus, Ivanovic is still the guy that scored two goals against Liverpool in the CL. I doubt he saw a lot of games from him. In addition to that, when he came back he found out that Ivanovic was vice-captain... When you are hired mid-season, it is a difficult decision to bench a vice-captain that was already in place before your appointment — this is even more true when you are not aware that the said player is one of the worst players — if not the worst...

I saw that people suggested that he should do his homeworks, that there are videos and analysis/analysts... Yeah fine. But what would he saw if he looks at these analysis/analysts ? That Ivanovic has been elected in the 2015 'team of the year'. He will also find out that Gary Neville described Ivanovic, in february 2015, as the best right-back in England. And if I am not mistaken, I believe that toward september, Neville also diminished Ivanovic's responsibility by pointing out that his mistakes were the result of collective mistakes (Matic would not protect the back-four correctly). As for the videos ? Well, the vast majority of Chelsea fans realized only this year that Ivanovic had past his sell-by-date and they were very surprised it happened. If people that watch him week-in and week-out take a lot of time to realize the misery he is in, then what about a grandpa that just came out of retirement ?

No, Ivanovic his keeping his place untill the end of the season. Nonetheless, I hope Guus proves me wrong.

Somethings happened to him though, (Ivanovich)as well as the loss of pace. Three times today he backed off, the fourth ocassion he pressed, won the ball set off an attack. Theres no way he'd have done that in 2014, 2013, 2012...but youre right Guus will continue to pick him.

You're avatar is a drawing of you, isn't it?

Was never a fan of Survivor. The song. The tv show too. Though I'd share that.

Ha ha no mate it's taken from an old British comic strip called Colonel Blink. Got to say I've never seen or heard of a show called Survivor.

Ha ha no mate it's taken from an old British comic strip called Colonel Blink. Got to say I've never seen or heard of a show called Survivor.

A reality show where a group of contestants are stranded in a remote location with little more than the clothes on their back. The lone survivor of this contest takes home a million dollars.

Apparently it's still on after 15 years, which I find shocking. Popular. Never could watch myself.

I wish some of our players would try out.