test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MefiX19

The Hiddink Thread

Started by MefiX19,

1,075 posts in this topic

Not Beyonce. Destiny's Child. Get your facts straight.

Hey, hey, I'm not here to judge... If Kelly Rowland is what helps you through these dark times :whistling:

CHOULO19 likes this

The same people who wanted Mourinho to stay now want Guus out, although We played 2 games when he is in charge, we still haven't lost and those games where played in 3 days time.

Hey, hey, I'm not here to judge... If Kelly Rowland is what helps you through these dark times :whistling:

You make me wanna throw my pager out the window, cause you a what? A

I'll stop now.

Styles and LDN Blue like this

The same people who wanted Mourinho to stay now want Guus out, although We played 2 games when he is in charge, we still haven't lost and those games where played in 3 days time.

To be honest, I've not seen many people say they want Guus out at all. We're simply calling him out on the things Mourinho got fired for, of course it's absurd to ask for his head after 2 games!

When I first heard their song Survivor I thought it was '' I'm a bus driver''.

LDN Blue and DYC. like this

When I first heard their song Survivor I thought it was '' I'm a bus driver''.

You're avatar is a drawing of you, isn't it?

Was never a fan of Survivor. The song. The tv show too. Though I'd share that.

I believe that many people will be disappointed at the end of the season... Hiddink will not be the one to bench Ivanovic and the latter will play nearly all games till the end of the season.

I am pretty sure that for Guus, Ivanovic is still the guy that scored two goals against Liverpool in the CL. I doubt he saw a lot of games from him. In addition to that, when he came back he found out that Ivanovic was vice-captain... When you are hired mid-season, it is a difficult decision to bench a vice-captain that was already in place before your appointment — this is even more true when you are not aware that the said player is one of the worst players — if not the worst...

I saw that people suggested that he should do his homeworks, that there are videos and analysis/analysts... Yeah fine. But what would he saw if he looks at these analysis/analysts ? That Ivanovic has been elected in the 2015 'team of the year'. He will also find out that Gary Neville described Ivanovic, in february 2015, as the best right-back in England. And if I am not mistaken, I believe that toward september, Neville also diminished Ivanovic's responsibility by pointing out that his mistakes were the result of collective mistakes (Matic would not protect the back-four correctly). As for the videos ? Well, the vast majority of Chelsea fans realized only this year that Ivanovic had past his sell-by-date and they were very surprised it happened. If people that watch him week-in and week-out take a lot of time to realize the misery he is in, then what about a grandpa that just came out of retirement ?

No, Ivanovic his keeping his place untill the end of the season. Nonetheless, I hope Guus proves me wrong.

Somethings happened to him though, (Ivanovich)as well as the loss of pace. Three times today he backed off, the fourth ocassion he pressed, won the ball set off an attack. Theres no way he'd have done that in 2014, 2013, 2012...but youre right Guus will continue to pick him.

Ossie the King and GodZola like this

You're avatar is a drawing of you, isn't it?

Was never a fan of Survivor. The song. The tv show too. Though I'd share that.

Ha ha no mate it's taken from an old British comic strip called Colonel Blink. Got to say I've never seen or heard of a show called Survivor.

Ha ha no mate it's taken from an old British comic strip called Colonel Blink. Got to say I've never seen or heard of a show called Survivor.

A reality show where a group of contestants are stranded in a remote location with little more than the clothes on their back. The lone survivor of this contest takes home a million dollars.

Apparently it's still on after 15 years, which I find shocking. Popular. Never could watch myself.

I wish some of our players would try out.

haha The Beezer. Used to get that literary gem.

Had a mate I worked with blind as a bat who we called Colonel Blink. Beano and Dandy were a load of old shit Topper and the Beezer now your talking F.B.

Fulham Broadway likes this

Apparently it's still on after 15 years, which I find shocking. Popular. Never could watch myself.

I wish some of our players would try out.

oh wow it's still going!the flame torches always looked cool.

Haha send them off somewhere..less of a holiday then what they had last season or time before randomly..do some good

I have no doubt that were it Mourinho in that dugout, a fair few of the people who are criticizing Guus would be singing a different tone. We'd be seeing comments like "crucial point gained at a difficult ground". Excuses after excuses would be thrown about as to why we were so poor in possession - "well we were missing Costa", "well Utd might be in poor form but they're still United", oh and the obligatory "would you rather have lost 4-0 like Arsenal?" It's funny how so much more is being expected from an interim manager who's only had a week to work with these players than the previous manager who had years to mold this team according to his vision.

Hats off to Tomo who is backing Gus just as strongly as he did with Mourinho.

The issue for me is that you guys have got what you wanted. Jose is gone and what's left?

Another of Romans mates in charge who doesn't seem to have a clue about the squad and has achieved not very much in the last 6 years. And who's in charge of transfer targets in January? Another of Romans mate and heir to Avram's throne. Now if you feel more connected to the club since Jose left then I envy you.

For me I don't have any faith in any of these people and I genuinely think relegation might be the only way we change things. Otherwise we appoint Rodgers or Pellegrino and repeat the same mistakes for the same decade. That's what most of us have been saying that it goes beyond just the coach, and I'm pretty sure those guys who sang Joses name in the stands today probably agree on the whole.

Essien19, nullabletype and GodZola like this

I do agree with this to an extent. The problem I have with 'this time next month' is our position is precarious that the point of sacking Mourinho now was to bring in a manager who would implement the changes we've been crying out for. Namely, sorting out this defence which clearly has a massive gap on the right that needs plugging. I'm not even suggesting we use Aina or Loftus-Cheek or Musonda to sort this out. Right now, I couldn't give a flying crap about youth integration. We're in a relegation scrap and are struggling to get 3 points consistently, anyone can see where the problem is and Hiddink's reluctance to act immediately is telling. I don't want to speak on the farce of RLC's introduction today - Mourinho was slated for similar. But when a 19-year old is continuously skinning our undisputed right-back, you don't need a week to act.

You want Hiddink to sort out the right side of our defence, that's fine but what really are his options? You take out Ivanovic and put Azpi on the right side and then you have a gaping hole on the left side instead. We have Baba Rahman for that position but lets not forget how shaky he has been in his previous appearances in the starting XI. He could do better than Ivanovic on the right or hell, do even worse. It's really a double edge situation and there's no obvious solution right now. We would have more/better choices if it weren't for Mourinho and his appalling squad management.

Iggy Doonican likes this

So, who's ready to admit sacking Jose was a bad decision?

LOL. What utter rubbish to come with after 2 games in charge. At least we created against Watford and looked more like an attacking team. Moruinho lost against Bournemouth. Let's put things into perspective. How about we use common sense and wait until Hiddink has had a few games in charge.

I tried to find common sense in Jose's actions, sometimes it was really difficult, i give you that! Jose has to take his fair share of the blame. I'm not in denial!

But then we sacked him and hired another coach, i was hopeful, thought now we field some youth, try to score one more instead of trying to defend.

But nothing changes, no one has a clue what to do.

Have you seen how Matic tried to score?

Even my dad who doesn't like Chelsea pitied Matic, maybe the fail of the season so far, why did he choose to hit it with so much power?

He has been piss poor so far, but yet another chance to play, can't believe it.

Is Loftus-Cheek really that bad? He should give up on his career, if that's true.

Loftus-Cheek who is a huge talent and tries to make an impact, but bringing him on in injury time is a fuckin' disgrace, only here for time wasting or what?

Some of his mates were finished, take a look at Hazard, but Guus did jack shit against it!

We should have stood by Jose, that was his worst season in his career, but at least he has a proven track record in the past.

Should have ordered him to give up on the season and play the goddamn youth, but no, always hire another manager and let the players off the hook.

Anyway, think we disagree another time.

But that's how it is...

Cheers.

I get you like Mourinho a lot mate but did you ever criticize him for those exact things he did himself? I don't think you did pal.

I don't think we should have kept with Mourinho. First game without him and we play our best football of the season? Coincidence or not.

I don't mind people who defend Mourinho but berating Hidding for what Mourinho done is completely hypocritical and shows that some people will defend Mourinho, no matter what. Now when Hiddink guides us to wins, I guarantee you a lot of the Mourinho supporters will start reverting to the claim "they want to play for Hiddink but chose to not play for Moruinho" because they don't want to give any credit to Hiddink.

And regarding Matic, you are being very harsh. He was a big reason we never lost the game. He was very good today apart from the miss. He got another chance to play and Hiddink's decision proved right. He was excellent.