The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small point and has nothing to do with the fact that I quite like Guus, but I've seen people suggest that Jose failed to adapt and that football simply passed him by. My question is, could the same have happened to Guus.

He came in and did well with us in 2009, although we were a great side then. We were almost CL winners just 12 months before under Avram Grant. We aren't that now.

Since then he was sacked by Turkey, sacked by Holland (both for failing to qualify for tournaments) and had a half-decent spell with Anzhi. In that same time Jose has won 4 leagues, 4 cups, 1 Champions League and been named FIFA Coach of the Year.

Is there a possibility that Hiddink is simply past it? It seems as though the only thing he's done of note in the last decade is take over the beaten Champions League finalists featuring players like Terry, Drogba, Cech, Lampard, Cole and Ballack and get them playing well. Two years later the same core would win a CL with Di Matteo at the helm. This situation seems a lot different to me.

Hiddink doesn't leave everywhere he manages in turmoil and hasn't turned a championship winning team to one hovering above the relegation zone in the space of five months. He also won't get rid of his flair players or try and turn them into James Milner.

I thought it was nice to have TOPTB back in the forums for the first few days, but now I am getting tired of it already lol

For the umpteenth time, I'm not not have I ever been another poster. Not sure what more I can do to prove it and not sure how the rumour even started. Getting boring now though.

Hiddink doesn't leave everywhere he manages in turmoil and hasn't turned a championship winning team to one hovering above the relegation zone in the space of five months. He also won't get rid of his flair players or try and turn them into James Milner.

The team José left the first time around had a core of players, a steeliness, that I think contributed massively to all the success that followed for the next 5 years or so.

Some might also credit José with helping to create that championship winning team in the first place. Then last summer happened and the squad was arguably weakened.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not not have I ever been another poster. Not sure what more I can do to prove it and not sure how the rumour even started. Getting boring now though.

There is a simple test you know :halo:

Do you, by any chance, believe that Nathanial Chalobah should have been included in England's World Cup 2014 squad? :Goober:

There is a simple test you know :halo:

Do you, by any chance, believe that Nathanial Chalobah should have been included in England's World Cup 2014 squad? :Goober:

What? No I don't although he might be useful to have around now. Had a lot of potential that lad, still does. But the Euros no lol.

Lol - the more you defend yourself, the more convinced people will be - it's a no win game :)

Im sure come 7:15 tonight, there will be much more to talk about :)

Lol - the more you defend yourself, the more convinced people will be - it's a no win game :)

Im sure come 7:15 tonight, there will be much more to talk about :)

Hopefully good things but not holding out too much hope. Expecting a bore draw between two teams who were contesting the CL Final in 2008 and are now on the decline.

What? No I don't although he might be useful to have around now. Had a lot of potential that lad, still does. But the Euros no lol.

lol I'm just pulling your leg.

He was banned from TSE :lol:

If you're too pompous and condescending for even TSE to handle, then you REALLY need to have a look at yourself in the mirror! :lol: