The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea HQ ‏@Chelsea_HQ 2 min
Hiddink: "If you don't have a desire to play, then please knock on my door and we will talk briefly."

Hiddink: "Didier Drogba is a legend at #Chelsea and also outside this club. It would be nice to connect these people to this club."

Fair to say Hiddink aced that press conference. Said some very good things. Here are the best bits:

Hiddink: "I saw the game on Saturday and they were playing like they enjoyed it very much. Sometimes they even went a bit over the top."

Hiddink: "I told my players that things happen in football and that they should all look in the mirror and not to look back too much."

Hiddink: "If you don't have a desire to play, then please knock on my door and we will talk briefly."

Hiddink: "Didier Drogba is a legend at #Chelsea and also outside this club. It would be nice to connect these people to this club."

Hiddink: "The official process [of bringing Didier Drogba back] I do not know. Other people have to deal with that, not me."

Hiddink on January signings: "Well, let's look at the next few games and then we will see what happens."

Hiddink: "No manager can guarantee three points every week but we have to show that the team has a big desire to wash away this bad spell."

Hiddink: "I didn't want to have much information regarding my squad. The players have to show me."

Hiddink: "Mathematically it is possible to get into the Top 4, but this is a very competitive league. All the teams can kill each other."

Hiddink: "Although back then the players also didn't perform well, but we had Drogba, Lampard, Ballack, Essien. It's difficult to compare."

Hiddink: "My players can play. But what I like in my teams is a spine, people who can lead during the game."

Hiddink: "I hope the fans will support us. But the fans have the right to express their feelings and it is up to the team to win them back."

Hiddink: "I must be convinced of the young players. In general, if they show they are competitive, I'm not against giving them chances."

Longer than the season? Will Hiddink stay on: “As long as I feel desire, passion...I must feel inside my heart that I’m passionate to work with the guys.”

So there is a chance he stays for more than until the summer. If he does good and the teams gets decent results, I can't see why we shouldn't try keeping him. He's a likeable guy and I really like his pressers.

Hiddink: "I must be convinced of the young players. In general, if they show they are competitive, I'm not against giving them chances."

For all the hope and expectations people have towards the Academy players this answer sounds diplomatic to say the least. I wouldn't hold my breath, it clearly doesn't look like one of his priorities based on this answer, but maybe the context and the full answer are more reassuring...

I can only imagine what will happen around here if we see the same team that played Sunderland against Watford, with Iva, Fabregas, Oscar amongst the starters. Scenes.

For all the hope and expectations people have towards the Academy players this answer sounds diplomatic to say the least. I wouldn't hold my breath, it clearly doesn't look like one of his priorities based on this answer, but maybe the context and the full answer are more reassuring...

I can only imagine what will happen around here if we see the same team that played Sunderland against Watford, with Iva, Fabregas, Oscar amongst the starters. Scenes.

See the video I posted above - that question about youth players starts from 20:48.

His interviews are spot on, refreshing, calm and that's exactly what Chelsea needs right now. Always loved his bits on the need of more goals to kill the game off. I remember in his last stint here he used to talk about this after every match, urged the team to be adventurous and always look for the 2nd goal, and the 3rd one and so on.

Welcome back Guss. Bring on Saturday.

Spoke like a very professional guy he is, spoke to the point and also came across grounded but also very realistic about the task ahead.

Welcome back Guus, good luck.

But where's the campaign and the rats in club! :rant:

We want answers! :clown: :clown: