Chelsea v Watford

Jase

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we actually do what we haven't done yet and win 2?!

You're the jinx. You keep pointing it out.

This is a much tougher game. Good form and 3W, 1D and 1L out of their last five away games. The loss was against Leicester as well. They don't concede much either.

But it's still a home game vs Watford. Desperately need a streak. It has to happen.

Before I give my thoughts on our next match against Watford, I'd like to mention a couple of things:

1- the atmosphere at the bridge was amazing, chanting Jose's name through out the entire 90 minutes, you'll always be loved Jose by Chelsea fans.

2- A lot of booing toward some of the players, and a lot of banners with the words "Judas" or "Rats" ( most notable was the person who misspelled Hazard and Cesc LOL, if you're going to criticize the players at least spell their name right). Personally i have mixed feelings about this, yes I'm angry at them because they played awful at the beginning of the season and cost jose his job, but this whole conspiracy where the players deliberately played terrible so they could sack the manager is far-fetched. Until the players come forward and admit they did this on purpose, which is unlikely, or their is an actual evidence to prove this theory, which doesn't include i heard it from some Chelsea player, I'm not going to believe it and neither should you.

3- The performance of the players was phenomenal. They were attacking through out the game which is excellent. Even though Jose is the best manager in world football, his style of defense and then counter-attack was not very effective.

Now regarding our match against Watford, If we play the same way we did against Sunderland and focus on attacking and and scoring goals instead of scoring a goal and then defend and counter-attack, I can see us winning against a lot of teams even PSG. KTBFF

I want to see what Guus picks.

By the way, how many people will be prepared to admit that Iva and Azpi are our best fullbacks if 3 different managers pick them consistently?

Might give Cescy some sympathy cheers next match, feel bad for the lad.

You're the jinx. You keep pointing it out.

This is a much tougher game. Good form and 3W, 1D and 1L out of their last five away games. The loss was against Leicester as well. They don't concede much either.

But it's still a home game vs Watford. Desperately need a streak. It has to happen.

This may be the time its un-jynxed :P gotta happen some point be nice for Christmas lol

so Watford play similar to Leicester with a variation of 442 which basically means they play the ball over the heads of the midfield 2 of teams that play 4231so they are directly into the back 4

Athletico also play similar.....is 4 4 2 or variations of it (4411 etc) back in vogue?

If it is....we all know a system that beat it and was used to magnificent effect from 2004 in 433.......or do we go like for like and change to 442?

Already worrying about our CB's getting bullied.

This is a team we have to shell shock early by scoring quickly like we did yesterday. If we let them play and knock it up to their two brutes they'll get a result.

I'd definitely play a really pacey XI with Remy starting. I hate to drop Pedro after his last performance but he's the only one I can see being dropped for Hazard.

Think Hazard will be ready to explode back into form now.

With the change in manager, let's see what the lads have in them. Lots of energy and attacking (for us) yesterday but let's see how we look against a top half squad. Watford is playing well. I would like to see us play our best yet on Boxing Day. I felt the back four was the most active I have seen vs Sunderland and hope this trend continues.

I liked what I saw in Willian-Oscar-Pedro yesterday. Was that the exception or more of what will come?

Am I crazy, and please let me know if I am :D , but why do we not see more of Remy? Costa came close yesterday but would honestly like to see Remy given more of a chance. Then today during the Swansea-WHU match the commentators say rumors are swirling about a January loan of Remy to the Swans in January. This only makes sense if we have a big name coming in January.

I am excited about the Watford game to see if we can come to play two straight games and play like the Chelsea of years gone by. It's at the Bridge. Get behind the Blues! I know the Jose thing is frustrating but as John Terry said afterwards, we have to begin moving forward now.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Already worrying about our CB's getting bullied.

This is a team we have to shell shock early by scoring quickly like we did yesterday. If we let them play and knock it up to their two brutes they'll get a result.

I'd definitely play a really pacey XI with Remy starting. I hate to drop Pedro after his last performance but he's the only one I can see being dropped for Hazard.

Think Hazard will be ready to explode back into form now.

Surely our defenders won't be as pussies as Sakho and Srktel were yesterday?

Speaking about Sakho, my god. He was completely taken to the cleaners by Watford. One of the worst ever performances put in by a centre back this season.

Surely our defenders won't be as pussies as Sakho and Srktel were yesterday?

Speaking about Sakho, my god. He was completely taken to the cleaners by Watford. One of the worst ever performances put in by a centre back this season.

Yeah, our CB's usually do well against the more physical strikers.

I really hope that Guus emphasizes playing with the ball and dominating possession. No more setting up as a counter attacking side. We need to be asserting ourselves on sides like Watford. Get at them straight from the off and use the massive talent gap like any other big team does.