Pep Guardiola To Manage Manchester City

Darogba

Mate that will be one underused bookmark :)

Mou has clearly lost the dressing room and for a while now...

time will tell, let's see our next match this Saturday mate... You and some others believe it's the manager, time will tell :) if we loose again your point is invalid. If we win then it's the players and they wanted Mourinho out.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Guardiola (as I agree with Rhino Skin for once :D ) would be nice, but that is only a short term fix for 3 years...Mr Simieone for me........He'd boot out the primadonna's and put some steel into our side, plus play some good football while introducing our youth.

I would like to understand why Simeone seems the favorite of many. I'm afraid its only based on the stereotype that Chelsea is team suited to managers that play a "solid/defensive" football than the ones who play an attacking style, and that stereotype itself is based in years and years of a conservative Special One.

My question is, what state will we find ourselves once Pep goes?

Guardian reported today Guardiola feels we're at least 10-players short of where we 'need to be'. Once we sign these players for astronomical figures, will we be left in the same mess we were when Mourinho left in 2007?

For all of Van Gaal's flaws, it's noted that United are looking at a bigger picture. They're already thought to have been preparing for 2017, post-Van Gaal. That's the sort of attitude our board needs to adopt. Not by looking for a long-term manager, but by creating a long-term plan. In the modern game, esp in England, the manager in now a coach. Less power over transfers and general day-to-day club-related activities, more just take the squad you're given and do something with them.

I would like to understand why Simeone seems the favorite of many. I'm afraid its only based on the stereotype that Chelsea is team suited to managers that play a "solid/defensive" football than the ones who play an attacking style, and that stereotype itself is based in years and years of a conservative Special One.

Simeone is a badass coach. He instills a confidence in his players and his players love him. Why would you not want him here after what he's done at Atletico?

Simeone will probably go to Real though if Jose doesn't.

I find it absolutely fucking hilarious how some don't want pep here. My fucking word.

I'd take him. But he's not my first choice. He's kind of an asshole.

i think some people don't want Pep here because they consider him being here an insult to mourinho and his legacy. i mean there is a bitter history between these two and their football styles are the polar opposites of each other.

personally i'd be overjoyed if Pep would agree to manage chelsea but I don't see that happening.

Would not be the right manager for us. We just don't have that kind of quality, would mean more or less complete overhaul within the club and not only in the playing squad. While there are things we can improve attacking wise and being more fluid, then tika-taka is not for Chelsea. Simone or Koeman for me.

i think some people don't want Pep here because they consider him being here an insult to mourinho and his legacy. i mean there is a bitter history between these two and their football styles are the polar opposites of each other.

personally i'd be overjoyed if Pep would agree to manage chelsea but I don't see that happening.

And cause Pep is a cunt.

"Kalle (Rummenigge) knows absolutely everything," said Guardiola.

"The club, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and I have said time and time again that we will say something after our final game in Hannover, and that's how things are going to stay.

"I'm just focusing on Hannover. I've been watching their games."

He's quoted as saying he knows what he's doing in the future but won't release the details until his last game against Hannover. Since they're playing Hannover this weekend, people seem to think he's going to release the details this weekend. He said FINAL game, which is against Hannover in May.

I find it absolutely fucking hilarious how some don't want pep here. My fucking word.

Why? He's been successful where he's managed, but at Barcelona, he was always chastised for boring games, and he hasn't had the best relationship in Germany.

I get that he brings success, but Simeone seems like he would be a better fit in the Premier League and a better fit if it's consistency that you want.

Guardiola is like Mourinho, but with an attacking mentality.

Why? He's been successful where he's managed, but at Barcelona, he was always chastised for boring games, and he hasn't had the best relationship in Germany.

I get that he brings success, but Simeone seems like he would be a better fit in the Premier League and a better fit if it's consistency that you want.

Guardiola is like Mourinho, but with an attacking mentality.

Simeone is Atletico through and through, he won't leave. Guardiola develops a philosophy within a club and transitions youth into the first team. Mourinho is a cheque book manager who relies on a 'do not lose' structure and tactic that bleeds negativity. They are not even close in regards to managing a club.

Simeone is Atletico through and through, he won't leave. Guardiola develops a philosophy within a club and transitions youth into the first team. Mourinho is a cheque book manager who relies on a 'do not lose' structure and tactic that bleeds negativity. They are not even close in regards to managing a club.

You mean pass the ball around until the other team falls asleep? Possession hasn't helped this team at all this season.

Mourinho has a philosophy as well. Lock down the defense and play on the counter. He went away from that this season and look what's happened. It's only negative if you're not winning.

It's also foolish to accuse Mourinho of being a chequebook manager and not attribute that to Guardiola as well. Just look at the teams he's managed.

We don't need Pep at this point in time we need someone with experience of building teams with good man management to help us improve from a bad situation.

He has only managed teams with a good array of players. The Chelsea job would chew him up and spit him back out, no shits given.