Ola Aina

Spike

52 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Looked far better than he was in most of the youth games. Wasn't looking like the guy that can do something sloppy at any given moment. Encouraging but I'm looking forward to tougher test to give a verdict here.

Hopefully you and me will be proved terribly wrong in being a little reluctant about him.

Really? I thought he's been performing for the first team like how he does for the youth team, and so I've been impressed with him. I actually think his skill set is quite unique for a full back. His close control and dribbling is very good, passing is accurate. Well balanced. Most full backs struggle with the ball when not given space and he makes his own space. Marcelo makes a similar impression on me, just for being so comfortable on the ball. 

Despite him using his ball control to get him out of dangerous situations facing his own goal he still has an air of dependability about him. 

If Ivan continues his dire form this season I think Aina has a good case for being a starting XI player if we don't buy another full back.  Bellerin ofc is a good example of RB going straight from U21 to starter. 

On 20/07/2016 at 10:04 PM, the wes said:

Get him in the squad save us money buying a new fullback 

I'm all for using him but we still desperately need a top FB and CB

Yeah Ola has potential. Hes at the stage Happy was when he entered the 1st team.

Our defence is a complete shambles and it doesn't matter how shit hot the rest is, if we dont have a good defence then everyones going to take the piss out of us again.

Been like this 2 years, bringing in wannabe. Time to get a couple of good defenders.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm all for using him but we still desperately need a top FB and CB

Yeah Ola has potential. Hes at the stage Happy was when he entered the 1st team.

Our defence is a complete shambles and it doesn't matter how shit hot the rest is, if we dont have a good defence then everyones going to take the piss out of us again.

Been like this 2 years, bringing in wannabe. Time to get a couple of good defenders.

My ideal situation would be Cesar with a new full back (be it right back or left back as I'm easy with Azpi on either side tbh) and Ola and Ivan as the squad options.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

My ideal situation would be Cesar with a new full back (be it right back or left back as I'm easy with Azpi on either side tbh) and Ola and Ivan as the squad options.

I wouldn'e even have Iva as an option in defence.

Only time I would use him is if we had special teams like US football and use him in set pieces. Cahill too. Theyre just not fast enough for the Conte era.

Yeah lets keep him on the right hand side of defence and get a new natural LB, Hector of Germany would do 4me.20mill should do it,im not sure who plays LB at CFC U21 etc(saw Ola afew times) but its better in all areas to have natural players in natural positions. eg Azpil does a decent job defending in LB position but gives very little in the attacking areas due to him being mostly right footed!

48 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Last season it was mainly Jay Dasilva and Kevin Wright who has now been released.

Ohh yeah i caught Jay Dasilva afew times no doubt he may go on loan this season or stick around the youth set up?! 

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Sweet edit dude, Tf Ola signed da contract , looking quality , Better not go out on loan ffs  , shining in pre season 4 sure! Bye bye Ivan

1 minute ago, mccg said:

Sweet edit dude, Tf Ola signed da contract , looking quality , Better not go out on loan ffs  , shining in pre season 4 sure! Bye bye Ivan

I take no credit bruv. I just nicked it off Youtube.

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I take no credit bruv. I just nicked it off Youtube.

Sure u can take some m8 , I was going to find out how he done in the game , that was great,cheers 4 that. Well appreciated.

Would be incredibly hilarious for me if the first player to come through Chelsea's world class Academy to have significant role to play is the guy who was released and then re-signed by Chelsea ! Couldn't make this up.

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Would be incredibly hilarious for me if the first player to come through Chelsea's world class Academy to have significant role to play is the guy who was released and then re-signed by Chelsea ! Couldn't make this up.

I'm not sure he was released,i know his contract ran out, just the contract negotiations went on longer than both parties anticipated ?!

15 hours ago, mccg said:

I'm not sure he was released,i know his contract ran out, just the contract negotiations went on longer than both parties anticipated ?!

He was released just like John Swift, was looking for the new team but Celtic couldn't give him guaranteed playing time/money or bit of both and he certainly lowered his demands and eventually was resigned.

3 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

He was released just like John Swift, was looking for the new team but Celtic couldn't give him guaranteed playing time/money or bit of both and he certainly lowered his demands and eventually was resigned.

Unless u know Ola personally u r just going on press,loads of clubs were sniffing around him from last year,but he didnt leave,and Cfc were in talks along time with him