Ola Aina

Spike

42 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

This here is the reason why these kids are leaving. We have spent 20mil euros more, got a worse player while losing the talented young player.

He was really good in most all the games I saw him play this past season

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

£8.85m is a steal for him. He really has developed into a decent fullback. Can play either side too (although is better on the right). I would take him over Zappacosta at that price all day, if I were building a small team.

Actually it is the coaches that are at fault at this situation. We always have coaches, who do not rate Youth highly and our youth players know this, so they want to leave. And our board had to buy someone because our coach did not rate Aina that much. If we had a coach who rated him, Ola would be a first team player.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Actually it is the coaches that are at fault at this situation. We always have coaches, who do not rate Youth highly and our youth players know this, so they want to leave. And our board had to buy someone because our coach did not rate Aina that much. If we had a coach who rated him, Ola would be a first team player.

Zappacosta was a deadline day purchase. 

It was evident after the 2017 league win that Moses and Alonso needed to be upgraded on. Nope. Loan out Aina and buy Zappacosta. A virtual standstill. Whereas City got Walker, Mendy, and Danilo. 

59 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well some people will complain but James is in front of him in packing order so selling him make perfect sense. If he was Torino player last season(not on loan) I can assure you nobody on here would suggest we should sign him. 

I haven't fact checked myself but I think I remember someone suggesting exactly that earlier in the thread. That if Ola had been a Torino player, instead of being on loan there, Chelsea would have tried to buy him. Either way, good luck to the lad.

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well some people will complain but James is in front of him in packing order so selling him make perfect sense. If he was Torino player last season(not on loan) I can assure you nobody on here would suggest we should sign him. 

Did not we buy Zappa from them?

I would not be so sure about that then

On 11/06/2019 at 9:52 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Considering we’ve invested in Zappacosta, Emerson and Marcos Alonso in last four years from Serie A it’s hardly unrealistic the club would go after Aina. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

After Chelsea summer departure, player has taken ‘clear step backwards’ – Worry over investment

http://sportwitness.co.uk/chelsea-departure-summer-player-sixth-months-prove/

If you’re a young player and you decided to stay at Chelsea this summer, it proved to be an excellent decision. The transfer ban, coupled with Frank Lampard’s willingness to blood the kids, has worked out in everyone’s favour as Chelsea’s young guns have all proven their worth. One man who decided to depart was Ola Aina as he headed to Torino in a £9m deal, but it seems the 23-year-old is struggling to impress in Italy.

Tuttosport cover his situation today and say that Aina has taken ‘a clear step backwards’ at the club this season.

They had considered him a ‘safe investment’, but his performances have not been good enough, and they now doubt the ‘goodness of the investment’. The £9m they paid makes the Nigerian their fifth most expensive signing ever. While Aina’s ‘impressive physical exuberance’ has been on display since day one, it has not been accompanied by improvements to both the technical and tactical sides of his game.

Aina has struggled to prove himself to such an extent that Tuttsport says he has six months to ‘change gears’ and prove himself to the club.

Screenshot-2019-12-24-at-12.39.24-283x30

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...