test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spike

34. Ola Aina

Started by Spike,

125 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Can't believe he can be worse than Iva as RB

The problem being here is the lack of trust by the club/management to actually give them a shot. They are drip fed rather than put on full solids.

Ola Aina has praised Conte but not so much Mourinho. "I heard him a lot! It was really good. I would much rather have a manager telling me ‘Ola here, Ola there', than not hearing anything at all and being left in the dark. It was really good for me and playing on the left is normal for me as well."

The Skipper and Igi26 like this

It's amazing the quality of that boy, raised the better side of the squad, plays well on both sides of the field. Chelsea has a great side for the future, and also for now. 
New Lahm, haha.

jernej93 and Stats like this

I didn't see the game how did aina perform?? I heard reports he had a good game??

Despite shit opponent he was miles better than Ivan. Except how to fake a dive he is already a better footballer than Ivan. Don't give me the "experience" bullshite talk.

kellzfresh and the wes like this

41 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Despite shit opponent he was miles better than Ivan. Except how to fake a dive he is already a better footballer than Ivan. Don't give me the "experience" bullshite talk.

Get him in the squad save us money buying a new fullback 

mccg likes this

52 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Looked far better than he was in most of the youth games. Wasn't looking like the guy that can do something sloppy at any given moment. Encouraging but I'm looking forward to tougher test to give a verdict here.

Hopefully you and me will be proved terribly wrong in being a little reluctant about him.

Blue Colored Sky likes this

Really? I thought he's been performing for the first team like how he does for the youth team, and so I've been impressed with him. I actually think his skill set is quite unique for a full back. His close control and dribbling is very good, passing is accurate. Well balanced. Most full backs struggle with the ball when not given space and he makes his own space. Marcelo makes a similar impression on me, just for being so comfortable on the ball. 

Despite him using his ball control to get him out of dangerous situations facing his own goal he still has an air of dependability about him. 

If Ivan continues his dire form this season I think Aina has a good case for being a starting XI player if we don't buy another full back.  Bellerin ofc is a good example of RB going straight from U21 to starter. 

kellzfresh, James, Stats and 1 other like this

With Ivan out, Ola hopefully shows enough for Mr Conte to keep a hold of him and saves us afew £$,also he is homegrown!

On 20/07/2016 at 10:04 PM, the wes said:

Get him in the squad save us money buying a new fullback 

I'm all for using him but we still desperately need a top FB and CB

Yeah Ola has potential. Hes at the stage Happy was when he entered the 1st team.

Our defence is a complete shambles and it doesn't matter how shit hot the rest is, if we dont have a good defence then everyones going to take the piss out of us again.

Been like this 2 years, bringing in wannabe. Time to get a couple of good defenders.

Tomo likes this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm all for using him but we still desperately need a top FB and CB

Yeah Ola has potential. Hes at the stage Happy was when he entered the 1st team.

Our defence is a complete shambles and it doesn't matter how shit hot the rest is, if we dont have a good defence then everyones going to take the piss out of us again.

Been like this 2 years, bringing in wannabe. Time to get a couple of good defenders.

My ideal situation would be Cesar with a new full back (be it right back or left back as I'm easy with Azpi on either side tbh) and Ola and Ivan as the squad options.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

My ideal situation would be Cesar with a new full back (be it right back or left back as I'm easy with Azpi on either side tbh) and Ola and Ivan as the squad options.

I wouldn'e even have Iva as an option in defence.

Only time I would use him is if we had special teams like US football and use him in set pieces. Cahill too. Theyre just not fast enough for the Conte era.

kellzfresh likes this

Yeah lets keep him on the right hand side of defence and get a new natural LB, Hector of Germany would do 4me.20mill should do it,im not sure who plays LB at CFC U21 etc(saw Ola afew times) but its better in all areas to have natural players in natural positions. eg Azpil does a decent job defending in LB position but gives very little in the attacking areas due to him being mostly right footed!