Ola Aina

Spike

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Ok you're right, it's all the clubs fault, poor Conor Clifford , if only we treated him right he would be as good as prime Gerrard right now instead of at Boreham Woods bench :(

Hahaha :D

You know that Billy and Connor Clifford both plays there? #bringourboysback

1 minute ago, chelseafan26 said:

Conor clifford is the same talent as Josh or kakuta or RLC or Colkett or musonda or boga. Fine mate. There is only so much logical arguments one can give.

What i find weird is that, we have dominated Fa youth cup for 6 or 5 years now. We have dominated Youth league for 4 years now (3 years in uefa youth league and 1 year in that weird youth competition which got scrapped, i think we lost to villa in the final and ake played in the mid). But yet, we are the worst team in the numbers for youth players. Yes, you are definitely right. Its the players' fault. They are hopeless. :lol:

Well a lot of people had him down as next captain.

7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I don't believe in any of this.. If Kakuta or McEachren were talented enough they would be great players now. Talent finds his way. Kakuta played like 20 matches at Chelsea but he was obviously not good enough, then he got several chances at several clubs. Bolton, Fulham, Lazio, Vitesse were all disappointing spells, also there were problems with his attitude. He was quite ok at Dijon and Rayo, but he was/is nowhere near to make it here.

Same with McEachren.. He had some good games here, but if he was that good he could show his talent on loan. 

Yeah, Bayern have Thomas Müller and Lahm, but that's it.. Müller was promoted like 7-8 years ago, so it's not like they were using their youth product that much, even though they win Bundesliga in like every february.

First of all, Bayern had muller, kroos, alaba, badstubber. Kroos has moved on now, but they had their BUNCH of youth players to come through. 

are you seriously telling me that Hatim ben arfa is not talented? He lacks one thing attitude. and This is where I think youth players can be evolved. Like you said, Kakuta needed a change in attitude. His attitude was the main problem. Same goes with Josh. And thats where they failed themselves, as well as we failed them. as the parent club, it should have been our responsibiluty to nurture them. We did not.

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, the wes said:

Maybe we will loan him out to get experience 

Maybe we will loan Ivan out and he can learn how to defend properly lol, Mmm think your right m8 he will given a loan assignment,unless he gets the chance 2 impresses Conte hugely pre-season?!

2 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Can't believe he can be worse than Iva as RB

The problem being here is the lack of trust by the club/management to actually give them a shot. They are drip fed rather than put on full solids.

• 2 weeks later...

Ola Aina has praised Conte but not so much Mourinho. "I heard him a lot! It was really good. I would much rather have a manager telling me ‘Ola here, Ola there', than not hearing anything at all and being left in the dark. It was really good for me and playing on the left is normal for me as well."

I didn't see the game how did aina perform?? I heard reports he had a good game??

Despite shit opponent he was miles better than Ivan. Except how to fake a dive he is already a better footballer than Ivan. Don't give me the "experience" bullshite talk.

Looked far better than he was in most of the youth games. Wasn't looking like the guy that can do something sloppy at any given moment. Encouraging but I'm looking forward to tougher test to give a verdict here.

41 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Despite shit opponent he was miles better than Ivan. Except how to fake a dive he is already a better footballer than Ivan. Don't give me the "experience" bullshite talk.

Get him in the squad save us money buying a new fullback