Leicester v Chelsea

Jase

Down to 15th now, no thanks to United.

<_<:rant:

I wanted Bournemouth to win. Even it means us dropping below them. We draw or win on Monday, we go back above them and even though the table looks dim, I would not completely put it past us to catch United. They have way too many injuries, have to compete in Uefa Europa League and seem to have reached a stumbling block. Although we won the title last season, there was a point where we were IIRC 12 points ahead of them at one stage and they caught up with us on the same points.

We still have United to play home and away. Football is an odd game.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a fun fact - We have won more games (5) than Manchester United (3) in the last 12 games in all competitions.

Utd fans at work are more negative than a lot on here. They dont rate LVG and wish Moyes had been given longer - Harking back to Scholes, Ruud, Keane days. :D

Reckon we'll put "and Leicester" in their place...

Fabregas must NOT start this match! Either play him at CAM or not have him there at all!

Would rather have Ramires playing at CM alongside Matic because at least Ramires can track back and use his stamina to get the ball and start a counter attack. Only downside to Ramires is that his discipline can overcome him, and he can get cautioned easily!

But rather Ramires than Fabregas.. seriously, If Jose starts Fabregas...

68ea9a69dba3765d4caf78d371babf51.gif

We have been done a huge favour by Newcastle and WBA (shame they could not hang on for the win). All the main rivals for top 4 messed up. United, Liverpool, Spurs. We just have to take advantage tomorrow. No draw. A win, win, win! Knowing Spurs always slip up, United are playing awful and Leicester, I assume will go off form eventually, top 4 is not unrealistic.

We will need to match their pace with pace. Therefore other than JT and Matic all of the players that I can think of will play - Ramires, Zouma, Baba, Willian, Hazard et al are going to be quick.

As long as Fabregas does not play I believe we will turn them over. Now that we've relearned how to defend I reckon we're going to win.

As for the season, if we win the CL then we could finish 17th and 1 point off relegation for all I care, a CL season is a good season. Domestic form becomes irrelevant at that stage. Especially if we take the FA cup too.

We have been done a huge favour by Newcastle and WBA (shame they could not hang on for the win). All the main rivals for top 4 messed up. United, Liverpool, Spurs. We just have to take advantage tomorrow. No draw. A win, win, win! Knowing Spurs always slip up, United are playing awful and Leicester, I assume will go off form eventually, top 4 is not unrealistic.

I think you're going crazy mate, there's no way we finish top 4 this season.

As for beating Leicester, we're going to need massive luck and one of Costa/Hazard to score at least 2 goals

I think you're going crazy mate, there's no way we finish top 4 this season.

As for beating Leicester, we're going to need massive luck and one of Costa/Hazard to score at least 2 goals

I think you are forgetting that there is a long, long way to go. City and Arsenal for me are not catchable. Are Leicester (assuming we beat them tomorrow)? Of course. Are United catchable? I think they are. They don't create enough chances, are blighted by injuries and they are getting caught out now and we have them to play home and away. Spurs will have their dip in form and have to visit us and City.

I am not going to say I think we definitely will make top 4 with our unpredictable form but if we put wins together then who knows? I am looking at Arsenal last season from this point onwards. They got 31 points from Dec 13 to March 4th. That was title winning form but they made a stuttering start to the season. But they made it in to top four in the end quite comfortable and I remember this stage last season, many people thought Southampton would get in to top 4. Arsenal ended up finishing well clear of them.

We are obviously in a more perilous position but 3rd and 4th, we can grab. If we go on a similar run to Arsenal from now till March and pick up similar points, we could and probably will easily be in the top 4 frame. Furthermore, if we can continue with that till May, then even better. But that is providing, we stop the inconsistencies. The team needs a couple consecutive wins, which we have failed to do in the league so far. But look, Leicester, Sunderland and Watford next. As good as Leicester are, I really beleive we can get 9 points. After that is United whose whole back 4 is injured. The christmas period will say a lot.

Remember there was a stage last season where City caught us on level points despite originally being 12 points behind. No one would have thought that would have happened but football is a funny old game. We have the quality. Just need to show it and go on a run like we know we are capable of.

I think you are forgetting that there is a long, long way to go. City and Arsenal for me are not catchable. Are Leicester (assuming we beat them tomorrow)? Of course.Are United catchable. I think they are. They don't creat enough chances, blighted by injuries and they are getting caught out now and we have them to play home and away. Spurs will have their dip in form and have to visit us and City.

I am not going to say I think we definitely will make top 4 with our unpredictable form but if we put wins together then who knows? I am looking at Arsenal last season from this point onwards. They got 31 points from Dec 13 to March 4th. That was title winning form but they made a stuttering start to the season. But they made it in to top four in the end quite comfortable and I remember this stage last season, many people thought Southampton would get in to top 4. Arsenal ended up finishing well clear of them.

We are obviously in a more perilous position but 3rd and 4th, we can grab. If we go on a similar run to Arsenal from now till March and pick up similar points, we could and probably will easily be in the top 4 frame. Furthermore, if we can continue with that till May, then even better. But that is providing, we stop the inconsistencies. The team needs a couple consecutive wins, which we have failed to do in the league so far. But look, Leicester, Sunderland and Watford next. As good as Leicester are, I really beleive we can get 9 points. After that is United whose whole back 4 is injured. The christmas period will say a lot.

Remember there was a stage last season where City caught us on level points despite originally being 12 points behind. No one would have thought that would have happened but football is a funny old game. We have the quality. Just need to show it and go on a run like we know we are capable of.

Aye, it is technically possible - but with this squad and manager? I'm not so sure - we desperately need a win tomorrow - but I see a draw as a good result :(

I just can't see us beating teams at the moment - at best we look like a bang average Tony Pulis Middle of the table team...

If there is one thing you can learn from Arsenal is how you dispatch confident, rampant small sides: by quick, accurate passing. The only thing we got over them is technical ability and we should use that full throttle. swift, incisive, well-rehearsed combinations.

Unfortunately I can not watch the game. Is there any place, where whole games are uploaded?

If there is one thing you can learn from Arsenal is how you dispatch confident, rampant small sides: by quick, accurate passing. The only thing we got over them is technical ability and we should use that full throttle. swift, incisive, well-rehearsed combinations.

Unfortunately I can not watch the game. Is there any place, where whole games are uploaded?

Recently youtube. The porto 90 mins is there.

It's time. Time things start going our way a bit. It begins with a good draw in about 8 hours for the Uefa Champions League Knockout stage. I'll go with KAA Gent as the Chelsea opponent.

This to be followed by another spirited performance by the Blues following the win over Porto. There will be a Hazard goal and a Chels victory, I'll go 1-2. Do not forget the added confidence Courtois gives our back line.

No Cesc in the starting XI, Jose! Please!

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: