Chelsea v Porto

Jase

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it now done on head to head instead of goal difference? Porto beat us 2-1 so they'd go through on a draw. We have to win.

Nah Jason and Alex explained it before,

If Kiev wins + Chelsea win = Chelsea top group

If Kiev wins + draw = Kiev top group

if Kiev wins + Porto win = Porto top group

If Kiev fails to win, and Chelsea/Porto wins = winner top group

If Kiev fails to win, and Chelsea Porto draw = Porto top group

Isn't it now done on head to head instead of goal difference? Porto beat us 2-1 so they'd go through on a draw. We have to win.

Thats what I thought. UEFA seem to have updated their website today

•The winner of Chelsea v Porto wins the group. Porto beat Chelsea 2-1 on matchday two so will top the group with a draw should Dynamo not win.

•Chelsea will be through in second place with a draw.

•Dynamo will be through with a win; if the other game is drawn, the three teams will be split on goal difference in matches between the three teams, meaning Dynamo would finish first, Chelsea second and Porto third.

Sorry man, but I don't agree with you at all.

Let's reverse it, you think tactics that swept the league last season all of a sudden don't work anymore?

We hardly swept the league, we were close to crumbling in the 2nd half of last season. We got found out, but kept on going on motivation and inertia from the first half. Now there is no motivation and we have been found out even worse than before. The tactics clearly aren't working anymore, and the changes he has tried haven't been working either.

Look at the games this season, analyze them, we're creating tons of chances - those chances are created based on Mourinho's tactics - but we're missing sitters, amaterus would score those, now tell me honestly, is it Mourinho's fault?

Just lol. "We're creating tons of chances" - I don't even feel the need to reply in depth to that. Everybody who has been watching us knows that the clear-cut chances we have created are free-kicks around the box.

All the stuff about Fabregas and Ivanovic, they are not that bad, people just jump on the bandwagon and dig up meaningless statistics to rubbish our own players.

Have you been watching us this season? Honest question. Because those players have been the stand-out dogshit performers except for the odd OK game here and there. You need to start upping your expectations, because if you don't, then bottom half of the table is exactly where you think we should be.

Nailed it :)

Mourinho can no longer be defended.

Sick of seeing people stick up for him and blame player power.

Only an egotistical maniac like Mourinho could lose the dressing room so quickly, I'm sick of him and I only have to listen to his post match interviews, imagine having to see the miserable prick every day.

There's no doubt he wins things - it's now at what cost does this success come at... For me, the price is too high.

I will always thank him for what he has won, but in hindsight we should never have gone back - it's like getting back together with an ex - it rarely works and this situation is no exception :(

Let's reverse it, you think tactics that swept the league last season all of a sudden don't work anymore? I'm not saying Mourinho is not to blame, of course he is, but the biased and absolutely naive way of thinking that everything will be fine and we'll be playing like Bayern, as soon as Mourinho goes, is not just short-term but straight up dumb. Look at the games this season, analyze them, we're creating tons of chances - those chances are created based on Mourinho's tactics - but we're missing sitters, amaterus would score those, now tell me honestly, is it Mourinho's fault? All the stuff about Fabregas and Ivanovic, they are not that bad, people just jump on the bandwagon and dig up meaningless statistics to rubbish our own players, we should be behind the club, not whine and moan all the time. Things have been improving every game, despite the results.

Bang on the money!

Great post, would love to read more from you.

Sick of seeing some people calling others out just because they know best.

Let's reverse it, you think tactics that swept the league last season all of a sudden don't work anymore? I'm not saying Mourinho is not to blame, of course he is, but the biased and absolutely naive way of thinking that everything will be fine and we'll be playing like Bayern, as soon as Mourinho goes, is not just short-term but straight up dumb. Look at the games this season, analyze them, we're creating tons of chances - those chances are created based on Mourinho's tactics - but we're missing sitters, amaterus would score those, now tell me honestly, is it Mourinho's fault? All the stuff about Fabregas and Ivanovic, they are not that bad, people just jump on the bandwagon and dig up meaningless statistics to rubbish our own players, we should be behind the club, not whine and moan all the time. Things have been improving every game, despite the results.

What chances are you seeing? We're only ahead of Villa in terms of chances created from open play by 1 shot. That's right 19TH PLACE in the league. We're controlling the ball a lot more, but it's not leading to chances. It's leading to wasteful passes that turn into counter attacks for the other team.

Edit: my mistake. That's goals scored, not shots. We're in 7th in shots per game, still behind most at the top.

Andy Jacobs on talkSPORT today, said that for the first time in his life, he wants Chelsea to lose against Porto, because that will throw us into the Europa League where we have a better chance of doing something, and if we win that then we are back in the Champs League, he also thinks that the defeat will signal the end for Jose. We can all sit here and cry foul because we should always want our team to win, no matter what, but he does have a very, very good point, on both counts.

Andy Jacobs on talkSPORT today, said that for the first time in his life, he wants Chelsea to lose against Porto, because that will throw us into the Europa League where we have a better chance of doing something, and if we win that then we are back in the Champs League, he also thinks that the defeat will signal the end for Jose. We can all sit here and cry foul because we should always want our team to win, no matter what, but he does have a very, very good point, on both counts.

Thing is - none of this is new.

People on here were saying this last season, I only started this season - but it had been predicted, by 'non footballing experts'

No matter who is in charge - I just cannot bring myself to support a defeat. It's truly shocking that it might be the best thing for us - UEFA need to sort this out.

I think we should go for the win and see what happens, if we end up losing and going out, so be it. One year without CL football might be the wake up call our board need.

Thing is - none of this is new.

People on here were saying this last season, I only started this season - but it had been predicted, by 'non footballing experts'

No matter who is in charge - I just cannot bring myself to support a defeat. It's truly shocking that it might be the best thing for us - UEFA need to sort this out.

I think we should go for the win and see what happens, if we end up losing and going out, so be it. One year without CL football might be the wake up call our board need.

I have to hold my hands up and say that I wasn't too disturbed when we lost to QPR and West Ham with the Fat Controller, not wanting us to lose you understand, but taking the defeat, knowing that the fans would give him absolute pelters

I would like to see us win this one, and win with flair, enthusiasm and free flowing attacking football...............Who am I kidding? It's a long time since Chelsea played this type of football.

And looking at it realistically, we wont win the CL or the EL this year. Not playing under Jose anyway. We couldn't beat, or even score against an injury ravaged Bournemouth side, so what hope against the cream of Europe if we do beat Porto????????

We have simply lost the plot. We need to rebuild. Jose has to bench Ivanovich, Febregas, Matic and Costa. Oscar at best belongs on Bench. In any case it will be a blessing to loose this game and try to win Europa as that is the only way we could qualify for CL.

Since this season is a write off give chances to Traore, RLC and bring on Musonda. That Said:

Cuortious

Azpi Zouma Cahill Baba

RLC Ramirez

Willian Musonda Hazard

Remy