• Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First good news of the season. Now we have to recover the trust in ourselves and make good moves in the January transfer market to face the next round as we deserve.

I hope that this match (and our performance) can help us to be ourselves again.

GO BLUES!

chelseaheart.gif

We got over the line. Let's hope we acquire the players we need in Jan to mount a serious CL challenge

If we are about to buy some players to boost our CL campaign, then we must look for some who are not cup-tied.

First good news of the season. Now we have to recover the trust in ourselves and make good moves in the January transfer market to face the next round as we deserve.

I hope that this match (and our performance) can help us to be ourselves again.

GO BLUES!

chelseaheart.gif

dont you think our squad is good enough? what signings you want? :)

There were a lot of good performances by the lads today. Willian and Dave both continue to give their all for the club, and it's truly appreciated. If others had that same level of effort we wouldn't be where we are in the league. Zouma has integrated into the side beautifully. Great young talent. Also, Eden disappointed not to score but loads of important defending today. Not conspiracy theory guy but he seemed displeased at Jose when taken off.

Performance is fools gold. No team in the PL will give us the space Porto did. And Costa was the worst player on pitch. Messed up 3 clearcut chances. We just had the lucky bounces tonight.

One of the best players actually.....took their centre backs all over the place

our best performance of the season without a shred of doubt. why? well we had 11 football players today. no passengers, no baggage, no pregnant O2 wasting spaniard.

deserved the win thoroughly. defended well for the first 10 minutes when porto came at us with all they had got. countered brilliantly and decisively.

tibo - nothing much to do.

iva- another horrible outing. with cesc gone (which was like 50% of our problems), time for iva to get benched/reserved too.

zouma - good performance. again had some problems with his positioning but it made up with his tremendous pace and physicality. the day he gets the experience and his positioning sorted, what a defender he is going to be.

JT - what a performance from the captain.

azpi - got owned a coupple of times by the porto winger but all in all a decent performance.

matic - oh well, no surprises here. his "poor" performance was simply due to work overload. i had said it before and will say it again. you could play makelele alongside cesc and he would struggle too. MOTM for me

rambo - we direly need a B2B. should be top priority. had a good game but thats only because we expect him to do the bare minimum.

hazard - so unlucky not to get a goal. needs to get that monkey off his back. otherwise, i think he was quite good. a lot like last year's hazard.

oscar - have to say, he surprised me today. was pretty good in attack and very good in defence. misplaced some key passes and mis-calculated a couple of "fakes" when he left the ball for the player behind him, but nonetheless, had a very good overall game.

willian - and he has another brilliant game.

costa - was pretty good compared to what he has been recently. he has lost that extra bit of pace. his finishing seems a bit off. other than that, good game. good link up play for a change and brilliant movement.

hope, this is the end of all our problems. come on chelsea!!!

You over analyse and look for mistakes/errors ....they all played quite well...no stand out performance whether good or bad. As close to a complete team performance as we have seen for a few months

Morale wise this was a good win, but take it with a pinch of salt in terms of performance as Lopetegui made it so easy for us. I think he's a decent manager, but tonight I think he's shown that he has a long way to go before managing a bigger club. This was arguably Porto's most important match this season, why the hell would anyone switch to a formation with three at the back overnight and play with no CF? Knowing that we shit our pants when teams come at us and press high up the pitch? That's exactly what Porto do on a weekly basis and what they did in the first leg in Portugal, harass their opponents, but for some reason they switched it off tonight and played on our strenghts.

This win means nothing if we draw Paris on Monday morning and then get battered by Leicester at night. Hopefully that's not the case and God wears his Chelsea shirt on Monday.

Matic MOTM.

Anyone praising Costa's deserves to be shot. Torres has played similar games yet deservedly got dogs abuse because he didn't score. Costa was through on goal 3 times today and failed to take every single one because of poor decision making/touches.

And it was a good performance but Porto made it easy for us with the amount of space they gave our forwards. I'll start cheering when we string wins in the League.

Anyone praising Costa's deserves to be shot. Torres has played similar games yet deservedly got dogs abuse because he didn't score. Costa was through on goal 3 times today and failed to take every single one because of poor decision making/touches.

And it was a good performance but Porto made it easy for us with the amount of space they gave our forwards. I'll start cheering when we string wins in the League.

Shoot me...he played well bar finishing ( we know thats his bread and butter)... but it was a whole lot better overall with workrate and positioning and was well appreciated by the home support