New sponsorship deal with Carabao

the wes

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has the 10m a year been confirmed by Chelsea or Carabao yet?......or is that a figure just thrown out there

It isn't mentioned on the official website, but it seems about right knowing that Man United has a £15M/year deal with AON for the training kit (8 years deal).

Anyway, good piece of business from the club.

It isn't mentioned on the official website, but it seems about right knowing that Man United has a £15M/year deal with AON for the training kit (8 years deal).

Anyway, good piece of business from the club.

it seems about right ....because of the Man Utd deal.....hmmm

no logic there, if we compare kit deals

it seems about right ....because of the Man Utd deal.....hmmm

no logic there, if we compare kit deals

Yes why not? We have not the same commercial leverage as Man U. If they get 15M/year, I'm happy with the club getting 10M/year.

Yes why not? We have not the same commercial leverage as Man U. If they get 15M/year, I'm happy with the club getting 10M/year.

nothing been confirmed at 10m but you compared us to Man Utd.....their match kit deal is worth more than double ours.

I just cannot see how looking at Man Utds deal in the article means they speculate at xy or z.

My point is that Man Utd should not have even been brought into the equation as to guessing a figure whether that figure is close to the mark or not, as its totally irrelevant.

nothing been confirmed at 10m but you compared us to Man Utd.....their match kit deal is worth more than double ours.

I just cannot see how looking at Man Utds deal in the article means they speculate at xy or z.

My point is that Man Utd should not have even been brought into the equation as to guessing a figure whether that figure is close to the mark or not, as its totally irrelevant.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean tbh..

It's not irrelevant, you asked if the figures were confirmed or not by official sources. It's not, but the figures given are in a reasonable range of what the club could get, given what Man U gets its training sponsorship deal. Otherwise, how are you supposed to guess the money this kind of deal could bring without using a "benchmark"?

So, my point was that we have every reason to believe that the 10M amount is the real one.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean tbh..

It's not irrelevant, you asked if the figures were confirmed or not by official sources. It's not, but the figures given are in a reasonable range of what the club could get, given what Man U gets its training sponsorship deal. Otherwise, how are you supposed to guess the money this kind of deal could bring without using a "benchmark"?

So, my point was that we have every reason to believe that the 10M amount is the real one.

what Man Utd get is totally irrelevant to what any other team in the PL can expect to get.

Man Utd get huge shirt deal with Adidas...we get less than half that for example.

My point is that whether its 10m or not......there should be no comparison made with Utd as to how much we should get as they are unique within the PL when it comes to sponsorship.

So for you to say because Utd got 15m for theirs so 10m is about right for us has no founding whatsoever

what Man Utd get is totally irrelevant to what any other team in the PL can expect to get.

Man Utd get huge shirt deal with Adidas...we get less than half that for example.

My point is that whether its 10m or not......there should be no comparison made with Utd as to how much we should get as they are unique within the PL when it comes to sponsorship.

So for you to say because Utd got 15m for theirs so 10m is about right for us has no founding whatsoever

You are saying it yourself, if we are receiving half the money they get from adidas, don't you think that we can say that receiving 2/3 of what they get for the training kit is a good deal?

It is clear for everyone that they're ahead of everyone concerning commercial deals, and this is the reason why being somewhat close to them in this situation is a good thing for us.

I think we just won't agree on that one, so let's agree to disagree on that one because it's getting us nowhere. ;)

Cheers.

here is their wikipedia page

Carabao Daeng

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carabao_Daeng

Carabao Daeng (meaning "red buffalo") is a Thai energy drink launched in 2002 by Carabao Tawandang Co Ltd. It is now Thailand's second most popular energy drink. It is the key brand of Osotspa in Thailand and the country's leading energy drink, with an estimated 21% market share in 2014, half that of the best-selling drink, M-150 from Osotspa, but triple that of Krating Daeng, the basis of the creation of Red Bull.

The launch was accompanied by a high profile TV advertising campaign featuring the company founder, rock star Yuenyong Opakul, also known as Aed Carabao. This campaign was investigated by the Office of the Consumer Protection Board for being too violent. but went on to win a gold and a silver medal at Media & Marketing magazine's Asian Brand Marketing Effectiveness Awards in 2003.

The drink was introduced to the United States and Europe under the brand name Carabao leading to an increase in record sales of the popular Thai band all throughout the western coast of America in 2004, and exports to China and India started in 2007.

In June 2015, Carabao Daeng became the main sponsors of English Football League Championship side Reading F.C.

You are saying it yourself, if we are receiving half the money they get from adidas, don't you think that we can say that receiving 2/3 of what they get for the training kit is a good deal?

It is clear for everyone that they're ahead of everyone concerning commercial deals, and this is the reason why being somewhat close to them in this situation is a good thing for us.

I think we just won't agree on that one, so let's agree to disagree on that one because it's getting us nowhere. ;)

Cheers.

All I am saying is that we should not be compared to Man Utd and just because they receive x and y......doesnt meanthat we should get z.

So the throwaway "sound about right" comment had no founding.

Would the same be said for 8 or 12m?

But Adidas shirt deal with United surprised everybody. Not least Bayern or Real Madrid which are comparably big brand as United. Adidas had a lot of explaining to do. Bayern signed new shirt deal with Adidas recently even though they had still 5 (!) years left on the previous one.

As for Chelsea, I can say that they have 40m£ from Yokohama which is comparable to United's 47m£ from Chevrolet on shirt sponsorship front. That's why that new guy Purslow was appointed for. Adidas deal with Chelsea will be renewed in some time I think which will fill this gap.

Therefore I think 10m£ on training shirts is fair amount and comparable to United's. I think it's a fair assumption.

But Adidas shirt deal with United surprised everybody. Not least Bayern or Real Madrid which are comparably big brand as United. Adidas had a lot of explaining to do. Bayern signed new shirt deal with Adidas recently even though they had still 5 (!) years left on the previous one.

As for Chelsea, I can say that they have 40m£ from Yokohama which is comparable to United's 47m£ from Chevrolet on shirt sponsorship front. That's why that new guy Purslow was appointed for. Adidas deal with Chelsea will be renewed in some time I think which will fill this gap.

Therefore I think 10m£ on training shirts is fair amount and comparable to United's. I think it's a fair assumption.

comparing is still totally irrelevant.

We do our own deals and to say sounds about right is pointless. Man City being the prime example....Utd much bigger but City getting bigger deals.

If we get more than Utd on certain deals are you going to turn around and say....nah, thats not right. I doubt it