• Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Kenedy (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Decent performance. Important to see the team improving. And especially the compromise that showed today the players.

The bad, is the result. Yes, was a difficult match, but sorry, in a moments like this, for me, the only good result is a win.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game. Something I feel was a good game more improvement and things start taking shape. As expected from Jose drop who don't make impact on the game. As for Costa I am happy with the display hope it add fuel to fire. Bad bad attitude from him that not what we need from a striker

How the hell are we even in a position to say we are happy with a point. Unless you have ruled out getting UCL football this season, then settling for a point is really strange.

I've ruled it out.We're winning one game a month at the moment.Have lost half the games we've played and currently sit 15th,12 points from 4th.That may change but considering out shite run and the form Spurs are in today could've easily been a loss.

Didnt expect to win but to be honest didnt expect anything from this game so thats why happy with a point.Unless things change suddenly 4th is a long long way off.Getting into the top half is hard work at this point never mind top 4

How the hell are we even in a position to say we are happy with a point. Unless you have ruled out getting UCL football this season, then settling for a point is really strange.

Why? Do you honestly still believe we can finish top 4 or is it just mere hope?

Also, that wasnt as half as bad pf a game as people are making it to be.

Mourinho needs to switch positions next game. Oscar F9, Eden #10. Let Hazard do his thing in a free role and play Oscar upfront, better finisher and movement. Awful game to watch but at least we can keep clean sheets again

Not gonna happen. Jose recently said he had a different idea to Hazard's of what a no.10 should be. Oscar is the better defender, therefore he will not be preferred in a position with less defensive duty.

I thought the team played well defensively, but offensively we were pretty much the same except we did have some sparks, but no end product yet again. The situation where Oscar nutmegged a defender and ran into the box only to end up making a hopeless shot because we didn't have anybody in the box (Hazard was in a bad position), showed that we are better off playing with a natural striker who would make runs into the six-yard-box in cases like these. It's a shame Remy had to be on leave, he's our closest bet to a true non-bib-throwing striker.

Begovic saved our ass, as did Lloris for spurs. Both teams had an excellent chance from wonderful crosses, but squandered them. All in all I think a draw was fair, but considering we had significantly more rest and preparation time I am a bit disappointed that we still failed to convincingly grab the game by its neck for extended periods. Could have used Rami, shame about the injury.

I think it was an intense match and the result could've been anything really. Both teams had some good chances but neither could use them, so probably 0-0 was the right result for both teams. We had some good attacking combinations, but especially the first 20-25 minutes of the second half were frustrating. Keeping the clean sheat is always nice, and I see that our defending is getting better. We just need to start scoring more. Hazard was active again, and I'd be surprised if he didn't score in the upcoming fixtures as there are some rather nice opponents coming up.

Why? Do you honestly still believe we can finish top 4 or is it just mere hope?

Also, that wasnt as half as bad pf a game as people are making it to be.

I do believe we can, I honestly do. It is a big task but look at our next fixtures for instance. Bournemouth at home. Leicester away. Leicester are doing fantastic but they will fade away soon and even though they are a big 14 points ahead of us, that is game I believe we can go there and win. So say that happend that is 6 points. Next is Sunderland. Alaways difficult to break down under Allardyce but at the Bridge I expect a win. That is 9 points. After is Watford at home. Doing really well they are but again, a game where I expect 3 points. If we win our next 4 which is very realistic that is 12 points. And that is before 2016 has even started. If that happens we will be just behind top 4 and there will be loads of games for us to rectify our form in 2016.

I remember this stage last season when Southampton were around top 3 and a lot of people thought it was a certainty they would reach UCL. Come end of the season, they finished well away and Arsenal who were quite a lot of points behind them this stage last season, finished above them easily and got 3rd. We definitely can finish in top 4. We are just quite a way from there atm but like I was saying, we have quite a nice run of fixtures coming up where I believe we should be winning. Do that then hopefully the aim of getting top 4 looks more realistic.

Its relying on every else to drop points which is where goes a bit hmm.Arsenal need to drop 12 for us to be where they are.Or even Spurs drop 10.Can happen but we need to get ourselves going at the same time and for real.Which we havens done so far at all or looked likely to.Hopefully that change and needs to but at the moment still horrible times.Long way to go but still only 4 from the relegation zone we seem stuck in that area

Still crazy even in this position ...

I would have taken a point before the game started but seeing how poor and tired Spurs were i think we could have gotten more out of that game.

Our attacking build up was poor like it has been all year, we just can't seem to string a few decisive passes together in the final third it seems

First time in a long time that our defence look solid and never seemed like we were conceding so that's a positive

And the most striking thing i noticed was the fact that Hazard won more headers today when the ball was played long than Costa has all year

I would rather lose 5-3 and be where we was in January than get boring draw 0-0 and fight for 15th place. Awful.

I'm pretty sure everyone would take that, but that's not reality. Reality is we've been horrible this season and you have to look at every game itself. Tottenham were at home, in form and looking dangerous. This team, who has been pretty bad on defense this season, canceled them out and kept a clean sheet. That's a good sign of progress.

Progress will come in steps. This team isn't going to just start winning every match. It's a process that's going to take much of this year to fix.

I remember looking in the pre-match thread and seeing most posting things like, "I can't see us getting anything." "Spurs are going to smash us. 3-0". Some people just like to complain.

Ok perspective from the stands today: Best performance of the season easily, with only 2 black marks in that Oscar and Fabregas were terrible - the rest of the team today were impressive IMO. Considering City lost 4-1 at home to them and we should have won, yeah I bloody well will take the point.

Also 2,000 of us outsang the whole stadium today so that's another positive - the place is a fucking library!