Maccabi Tel-Aviv v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make or break and not just for qualification. It's empirical that we put two back to back wins. Must not underestimate them, this has all the prospects to potentially becoming a very tricky game. Ideally we should score early and take the pressure off. Remy has to start ahead of Costa, for me. COYB!

Well, although he should of scored more on Saturday, he still scored a great winner and there is no way Mourinho is going to drop him. He will want Costa to score in consecutive games and keep him fully in the mood for Spurs.

A potential banana skin game this especially when you consider we have screwed up a few matches like this in the past - Cluj, Genk, Maribor etc. Need to build on the win against Norwich and get some momentum going before facing Spurs next weekend. And we don't need any silly drama in the final group game against Porto!

A win here will see us qualify for the last 16 if Dynamo Kiev fail to win at Porto. A point will also be enough if Dynamo Kiev lose to Porto.

i agree, clearly no walk in the park, so no slip ups please, the team needs to be focused and ready, we need to see off this team and garantee qualification before the final group match, then it will decide who takes top spot.

Goodluck to the team and hope we get the 3 points needed, no more final day drama, that´s all i ask for, cheers and let´s keep the momentum.

Will win this, no problem.

we can´t get cocky, there is no reason for us to be cocky minding the season so far, we have to do a professional job and win, no excuses, but most importantly don´t underestimate the opponent, remember that in the Champions League we can´t take no one for granted. Cheers.

Well, although he should of scored more on Saturday, he still scored a great winner and there is no way Mourinho is going to drop him. He will want Costa to score in consecutive games and keep him fully in the mood for Spurs.

Didn't watch the game yesterday, but I think tactically we'll need someone like Remy who can run behind and make clever movement inside the box and take his chances.

So excited about this game, being able to watch my Chelsea playing in my homeland is like a dream coming true... There will be approximately 100 fans from the Israeli supporters club and I hope many more will be there to support the team (we will teach you some local banter ?)!

Hope to see us win, it is vital for us to finally build up some confidence. Hope Jose will take this game seriously because Maccabi can cause us some problems especially with the tremendous support they will have on Tuesday.

Come on Chelsea!

So excited about this game, being able to watch my Chelsea playing in my homeland is like a dream coming true... There will be approximately 100 fans from the Israeli supporters club and I hope many more will be there to support the team (we will teach you some local banter ?)!

Hope to see us win, it is vital for us to finally build up some confidence. Hope Jose will take this game seriously because Maccabi can cause us some problems especially with the tremendous support they will have on Tuesday.

Come on Chelsea!

120+

we can´t get cocky, there is no reason for us to be cocky minding the season so far, we have to do a professional job and win, no excuses, but most importantly don´t underestimate the opponent, remember that in the Champions League we can´t take no one for granted. Cheers.

When you say 'we' I think you mean the team, manager, backroom staff ? Yes they need to prepare and I am confident or 'cocky' they will do a job.

As an attending fan theres no place for airbags, seatbelts and worrying, you have to be confident and back em, regardless otherwise youd have silence with ashen faced fans biting their nails like Arsenal. Cheers.

your country looks beautiful mate

Nah..

Honestly though, there are some nice places and it's a pertty unique scenery.. but dont expect any crazy mountains, waterfalls etc.

Quite frankly as a photographer I dont really like it.

When you say 'we' I think you mean the team, manager, backroom staff ? Yes they need to prepare and I am confident or 'cocky' they will do a job.

As an attending fan theres no place for airbags, seatbelts and worrying, you have to be confident and back em, regardless otherwise youd have silence with ashen faced fans biting their nails like Arsenal. Cheers.

Yes i meant the team, manager, backroom staff and us fans too, i am backing the team, look i´m not trying to sound negative or something, i´m just humble and realistic, i said that they can´t be overconfident and take maccabi-tel-aviv for granted, just concentrate on finishing the job, nothing else, i´m not saying the fans can´t be confident or back the team, that´s the most important thing and the fans that go to games know it better than i do, but bearing in mind what has been happening since the season started, i´m not taking any game for granted and the team has to do their job on the pitch and end this bad moment with results, it´s all on them, they´re the ones playing. Cheers

Bego/Courtois

Azpi Zouma Terry Baba

Matic

RLC Cesc

Kenedy Hazard

Costa

I'd expect players like JCS and Aina to make the bench too.

Why?? You do realise the group is not over? ...

We have experienced players like Cahill on the bench and cover for FB. JCS and Aina should be playing for the U19 game in their UCL youth game instead of being called up.

ssshhhhh......the CL is the same as the PL where the in house negative crowd say there are easy games and we should win them no problems.

But when we do win them they cannot bring themselves to even give the slightest praise