• Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

Ok so if we draw with Porto and Dinamo beat Maccabi the scenario will be as follows...

All 3 teams with 11 points and 5 in between. So the next untying rule would be goal difference and ours is better than Porto and Dinamo by 5 goals, which means we would probably finish first. We would only finish second if Kiev scores 5 more goals than Tel Aviv (which is unlikely).

Its not THAT bad. We just need to make sure we dont lose at home!

It would go to how many goals have been scored amongst the matches played amongst the teams, Kiev will go top if it is a scoreless draw and we will go top with a scoring draw

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good performance and result. Confidence is there. We need draw against Porto to go through as a leader.

Actually no, a draw means we are out. Dynamo win win next game.

edit: forget if Dybamo win they will also finish with 11 points, and the scenario changes, so you are right, only a draw is needed to fnish as leader.

I think if we draw vs Porto, and given a Dynamo win over MTA, the group rankings go through the tiebreaker process since all three would have 11 points and we would be second not first.

First tiebreaker for rankings in the group is total points vs all teams tied, and each of the three would have five points vs each other only so on to tiebreaker number 2, which is goal differential among tied teams in games against each other only, which would leave Dynamo +1, Chelsea 0 and Porto -1, thus second place for Chelsea.

We beat Porto and on to knockout stage as group winner. :yay:

Don't make it complicated, if we win or draw and Kiev win we a going to be on top, because of goal difference if we lose and Kiev win we are out.

So its just points in first place, than goal difference and then that thing.

2011/2012 season scenario all over again, if it means we will win the damn cup again i will take it lol , but seriously now, it's still in our own hands, if the team farks this up, they only have themselves to blame really, all this could have been avoided if we had won in Kiev, all those wasted chances, just typical. Damn, it's never easy for Chelsea is it? always twists and drama until the end. The team nerve and resilence is being put to the test by football Gods really. Cheers

The Football Gods have an agenda this season will stop at nothing until Chelsea and all their fans understand the true meaning of suffering/tragedy.

I swear Shakespeare is writing the script for this season.

Im really getting heated at Port for failing to win that match.. I can just see us blowing this match, not confident at ALL.

we need to win to go top of group, if we tie and Kiev win, Kiev go top.

like i said to another member here, and i made a mistake, after checking again, the scenario is: if we draw against Porto and Dynamo win their game, we will all be tied on points and Porto will take top spot because of head to head against us and we will qualify in 2nd because of better head to head and goal difference against Dynamo. Better scenario for us is of course a win against Porto and we take top spot, that's all there is to it really. Cheers

Isn't the second tiebreaker in this scenario goal differential in GAMES PLAYED AGAINST TIED TEAMS only? I believe this correct and would result in Dynamo +1, Chelsea 0 and Porto -1.

Oh shit that might be right. I thought after head to head points it would be overall GD but now I am not sure...

EDIT: Yes, its GD only between the teams in question, so our 8 gal difference counts for nothing!

Ok so if we draw with Porto and Dinamo beat Maccabi the scenario will be as follows...

All 3 teams with 11 points and 5 in between. So the next untying rule would be goal difference and ours is better than Porto and Dinamo by 5 goals, which means we would probably finish first. We would only finish second if Kiev scores 5 more goals than Tel Aviv (which is unlikely).

Its not THAT bad. We just need to make sure we dont lose at home!

Dude, next untying is not goal difference, is the results between all teams. If we draw with Porto and Beat Maccabi:

Chelsea 6 points.

Porto 5 points.

Dynamo 5 points.

So, goal difference doesn't matter here, a draw is enough to finish 1st.

Bt sport saying we need a draw to top group

Likely that is indeed the case. But if Kiev win by 6 or more they go top on goal difference, or if Kiev fail to beat Tel Aviv Porto go top by head-to-head against us.

EDIT: Actually it's goal difference in games between tied teams only. Forgot they changed that. Disregard the first part of that sentence. Second part still true.

Dude, next untying is not goal difference, is the results between all teams. If we draw with Porto and Beat Maccabi:

Chelsea 6 points.

Porto 5 points.

Dynamo 5 points.

So, goal difference doesn't matter here, a draw is enough to finish 1st.

If you are going to correct someone make sure you arent being even more dumb than me lmao...

Btw, I already orrected myself.