Massacre In Paris

Spike

Us Security being stepped up

Major U.S. cities like NY say they're tightening security after <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ParisAttacks?src=hash">#ParisAttacks</a></p>—katya adler (@BBCkatyaadler) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCkatyaadler/status/665348762634702848">November 14, 2015
Major U.S. cities like NY say they're tightening security after #ParisAttacks

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile in New York, police said they have bolstered security at several high-profile locations in response to the attacks in Paris, including counterterrorism officers sent to tourist-heavy areas and the French consulate in midtown Manhattan, according to Reuters.

“Teams have been dispatched to crowded areas around the city out of an abundance of caution to provide police presence and public reassurance as we follow the developing situation overseas,” the NYPD said in a statement. Officers have been deployed to other French government locations in the city, and NYPD intelligence bureau officers in France are assisting Paris police “in any way possible”.

4 Attackers killed, 3 by suicide belts 1 by police.

No confirmation of any police officer killed during operation.

As I reported, the news coming out about the attacks, and casualty numbers in particular, is confusing and often conflicted. Earlier the police prefecture said four people had died in the course of the retaking of the Bataclan concert hall from hostage-takers; many media took that to mean police or security officers.

It now appears the four might be a reference to the attackers: three of whom, according to AFP, reportedly detonated explosive suicide belts.

Le Parisien has a list of the deaths and injuries at the various attack sites around Paris, which it sources to the French authorities.

Bataclan: at least 100 dead, seven people in a critical condition, four others injured

Rue Charonne: 19 dead, 13 people in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Rue Bichat: 14 dead, 10 in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Avenue de la Republique: Four dead, 11 in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Stade de France: four dead, 11 in a critical condition, 39 others injured

Rue Beaumarchais: three people in a critical condition, four others injuries

'All attackers are dead' – police

The Paris police prefect has now confirmed that the attackers at the Bataclan rock venue blew themselves up with suicide belts as police closed in, killing four.

He said the gunmen first sprayed cafes outside the venue with machine gunfire, then went inside the concert hall and killed more before the assault by security forces.

The prefect, Michel Cadot, said one set of attackers was at the Stade de France, and at nearly the same time the second group attacked within the city.

Cadot said all the attackers are believed dead, although authorities are hunting for any possible accomplices.

Absolutely shocking. So many innocent lives lost. This is the direct result of US-Germany-France spearheaded multi-culture tolerance propaganda, unnecessary involvement in wars in the Middle-East and resulting influx of refugees to Europe. Millions of them, and there is noone who can say what their intentions are. European Union is dictating how many of the refugees we have to take in, I understand the concept but it is not a solution nor does islamic values match the conservative and largely atheistic population of Estonia. This can not happen.

Let's not forget christianity was brought into Europe with blood and sword, history repeats itself with islam. Unfortunately this is just the start unless politicians change the crash course we're heading to. The small fracture of terrorists are stereotyping the word "islam".

Sad times, let's all light a candle. Rest in peace, we're all with you.

I was wondering why I saw "deport all Muslims" trending on twitter, I never knew it was a serious attack like this that happened.

My condolences go to the families affected by this and France as a whole. This is practically France own 9/11.

Tough Times...

RIP to all the victims.

I'm not surprised that such thing happened in France... Their immigration Rules are too soft and now they got paid for it.

I have nothing against Muslims, but 90% of the terrorists are muslims. shame that the peaceful ones will suffer now.

Every Country in Europe need to Check themselves now.

Today it's Paris, Tomorrow unfortunately it can be London.