• Paul Pogba
    • Mario Gotze
    • Raheem Sterling
    • Memphis Depay
    • Coutinho
    • Anthony Martial
    • Stephan El Shaarawy
    • Other. Who?

In every couple years, exist a young players that seems destinated to be a stars of his generations, but finally his carreer is not that good that seems years before. Quaresma, Robinho, Gourcouff are examples of that.

So, which player do you think that will be the flop of this young generation, or at least, which player that promises a lot today, you think that in some years not will be more than a random player?

In the poll ,I put players with 23 years or less, that have had much hype around them. I don't put players like Neymar, James or Hazard, because for me, they are already a totally TOP players, but If you want vote for one of them, go ahead.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Milan's Gianluigi Donnarumma? Kid's 16 and playing well right now but who knows how he'll develop over the years; the hype's definitely too much right now and going by it he would need to follow the great Gianluigi's path to justifity the expectations.

Is Coutinho even being rated highly around the world? Only the pundits in England seem to think he's great - when he's not - just because of those once in a blue moon wonder goals he score. :doh:

Will say the same about El Shaarawy too. All the hype and expectation appear to have died down after the first few years and that's not to mention, he's now out on loan at Monaco.

Is Coutinho even being rated highly around the world? Only the pundits in England seem to think he's great - when he's not - just because of those once in a blue moon wonder goals he score. :doh:

Will say the same about El Shaarawy too. All the hype and expectation appear to have died down after the first few years and that's not to mention, he's now out on loan at Monaco.

I like Coutinho. Think he's slightly wasting away at Liverpool, but will be interesting to see what Klopp does with him. Can hardly blame the 'pool fans alike, he's their only shining hope after losing Suarez, Sterling, etc as their creative outlets.

Think he'd do well in a team where the pressure isn't on him. Was impressed when Is saw him turn out for Inter not too long ago as a 19yo.

I like Coutinho. Think he's slightly wasting away at Liverpool, but will be interesting to see what Klopp does with him. Can hardly blame the 'pool fans alike, he's their only shining hope after losing Suarez, Sterling, etc as their creative outlets.

Coutinho does have some talent but I have not seen him put in any kind of consistent performances, even for a short of period of time. He has also yet to dominate teams in a manner that some of the best attacking midfielders do. At the moment, he's going between - have quiet games and do nothing and have quiet games and score some long range stunners. He's too inconsistent to justify the hype and praise he's getting.

Think he'd do well in a team where the pressure isn't on him. Was impressed when Is saw him turn out for Inter not too long ago as a 19yo.

If he only reacts well when the pressure is not on him, then maybe he is really not that good.

To begin with, only 2 players on that list deserve the hype. The rest is just FIFA products...

I never saw Coutinho, El Sharawy, Martial (really? We going that far?), etc., as top youth talents. So they will never be that big of a flop because the expectation was never really there to begin with!

A big flop would be if Gotze, Neymar, James or Hazard never live up to the hype. Maybe Sterling as well, but thats it. Others were never on their ball park of youth talent and expectation...

EDIT: on your post you give good examples of flops such as Robinho and Gourcuff. So you honestly think the players you listed had 10% of their expectations?

Coutinho does have some talent but I have not seen him put in any kind of consistent performances, even for a short of period of time. He has also yet to dominate teams in a manner that some of the best attacking midfielders do. At the moment, he's going between - have quiet games and do nothing and have quiet games and score some long range stunners. He's too inconsistent to justify the hype and praise he's getting.

If he only reacts well when the pressure is not on him, then maybe he is really not that good.

True but he was always a bit raw when he came to Liverpool. He didn't really get a chance to learn how to carry a team, Suarez didn't stick around and they haven't really got many other attacking players. Under Klopp maybe he's now got a chance, this guy worked with Reus, Gotze and Lewandowski remember. Rogers trained fucking Allen.

What I'm saying is, at 23, he's still got a chance to prove himself as a consistent player and quickly mature. He's got the ability.

If Depay flops at United it would be similar to De Bruyne's flop at Chelsea or Di Maria's flop at United. Such players need coaches like Carlo or Pep. Manure fans are idiots as they don't see the main problem why their attacking players are underperforming.

Coutinho cant get in the brazil squad dunga must not rate him