Fallout 4

oxfordblues

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Fallout 4 is either a big hit or a big miss for people. I'm looking forward to getting it as I'm a huge fan of Bethesda (fallout and the elder scrolls).

However, is Witcher 3 worth getting as well? I've not played the first two. Do I need to play them first or what?

Never played a Bethesda, Fallout or RPG game before. This game is amazing imo.

You should play Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas

You should also play The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

All by Bethesda and are RPG games. There are more like Fallout 1 and 2 and The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, but not everyone would like them because of their age, which is disappointing considering the story of these games :)

Seems like Fallout 4 is either a big hit or a big miss for people. I'm looking forward to getting it as I'm a huge fan of Bethesda (fallout and the elder scrolls).

However, is Witcher 3 worth getting as well? I've not played the first two. Do I need to play them first or what?

finished witcher 3 story but a few side missions still to do,but a great game aswell

You should play Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas

You should also play The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

All by Bethesda and are RPG games. There are more like Fallout 1 and 2 and The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, but not everyone would like them because of their age, which is disappointing considering the story of these games :)

The new Batman game is great too!

Do you think people have to play the 2 previous Witcher games to get into the third one?

I hadn't played the previous 2 and didn't enjoy 3 when I got it at all. Not sure if the fact that I hadn't played the first 2 was relevant but I struggled to get into it. Didn't like the combat, story was bland and the side missions were pretty boring for me. I know people may well disagree with me but that was my opinion.

Big lover of Elder Scrolls games (Skyrim was probably the 2nd best game i've ever played slightly behind the Last of Us) and liked the early Fallout games and loved Fallout 3 (never played New Vegas).

And I agree with Henrique. Really quite disappointed with Fallout 4. I mean, it's not a bad game. The base building is enjoyable, the handling is nice and the different time/setting is good. But the graphics are so shoddy for a game in this day and age, the storyline doesn't hold my attention and the game itself as a whole just doesn't hold my attention either.

I mean, games I love I usually binge and complete extremely quickly (Arkham City I completed in 2 days, GTA5 in 3) but i've had Fallout 4 for over 2 weeks now and i'm not even half way through the story yet and have probably played less than half of the side missions. That just proves for me how this game seems to be the opposite of "un-put down-able" which is gutting as I was looking forward to it for a while.

Not saying it's a bad game though, 6/10 probably IMO and other Fallout fans might enjoy it far more than I do (and it seems the vast majority of people do) so if you're considering it, it might be worth a purchase.

This game is as Falllout-y as dead dog that has been raped by a warg and had it's head smashed in with a hammer. They've skinned the RPG elements alive to make it more accessible to the hoi polloi.

Bethesda has killed Fallout with number 4 after the tragedy that was number 3.

Maybe at the end of the day it's a decent game but it isn't Fallout.

HATE NEWSPAPER

Not saying it's a bad game though, 6/10 probably IMO and other Fallout fans might enjoy it far more than I do (and it seems the vast majority of people do) so if you're considering it, it might be worth a purchase.

The fans of the first two Fallout games would probably say this is the worst thing to happen since the bubonic plague.

Big lover of Elder Scrolls games (Skyrim was probably the 2nd best game i've ever played slightly behind the Last of Us) and liked the early Fallout games and loved Fallout 3 (never played New Vegas).

And I agree with Henrique. Really quite disappointed with Fallout 4. I mean, it's not a bad game. The base building is enjoyable, the handling is nice and the different time/setting is good. But the graphics are so shoddy for a game in this day and age, the storyline doesn't hold my attention and the game itself as a whole just doesn't hold my attention either.

I mean, games I love I usually binge and complete extremely quickly (Arkham City I completed in 2 days, GTA5 in 3) but i've had Fallout 4 for over 2 weeks now and i'm not even half way through the story yet and have probably played less than half of the side missions. That just proves for me how this game seems to be the opposite of "un-put down-able" which is gutting as I was looking forward to it for a while.

Indeed, at least in PS4 some textures are ps2 material, no kidding. The characters faces are incredibly bad. Mass Effect 2 had better faces, and will not even compare FO4 with Witcher 3, MGSV or Arkham Knight in that aspect.

The engine itself is pretty outdated, I mean, your character movements are as clunky as clunky can be. I mean, the engine as a whole are similiar to Morrowind, a game from 2002. Companions are still stupid, not as useless as in F03 and more than "carrying your burdens" from Skyrim, but far from what you would expect from a 2015 game.

The wasteland are really stupid, I mean, 200 years after a nuclear war, the city is full of color, and looks like a city months after a zombie apocalipse, unlike Fallout 3, you don't get the feeling you are living in an inhospitable and unfriendly place.

I also would give this game a 6 out of 10.