Top Posters In This Topic

First time posting a starting XI.

But this would be my ideal choice based on everything so far

Costa

Hazard Willian Pedro

Oscar Matic

Baba Cahill Zouma Azpi

Begovic

that is really interesting, but i would use them the other way around, Oscar as number 10 and Willian as cm.

Oscar, if in form could press high up the pitch and create something interesting for the wings/striker, while i think Willian would be perfect to take the ball high up the pitch and be more of a presence in midfield.

Any thoughts about that?

that is really interesting, but i would use them the other way around, Oscar as number 10 and Willian as cm.

Oscar, if in form could press high up the pitch and create something interesting for the wings/striker, while i think Willian would be perfect to take the ball high up the pitch and be more of a presence in midfield.

Any thoughts about that?

I see where you are coming from. I could see how it can be beneficial for Willian as a Cm, he can be dangerous taking the ball from midfield, by making his trademark bursts.

I went with Oscar as CM because I think from a defensive standpoint he has good tactical awareness and understands the position better. He has often dropped deep to allow Cesc to move forward, so for me it was a natural choice. He has played in the pivot before, just not from the beginning of the game.

We really do don't move well off the ball in the attacking sequence, the option to pass is not always there or should I say it takes time for that option to develop. So that plays to Willian strength, Willian is quite strong on the ball and he can hold on to the ball much longer until available pass options develop. In comparison to Oscar, this plays to his weakness. He is physically limited, he is quite easily pushed off the ball by stronger defenders the more time he is holding on to the ball the more that plays to his weakness. He likes to make quick passes, use his off the ball movement and make instinctive decisions.

So based on that I chose Willian as CAM due to his possession abilility, and I feel more space could benefit Oscar game as CM. he gives you better defensive ability then Cesc, and better offensively then Ramires.

I see where you are coming from. I could see how it can be beneficial for Willian as a Cm, he can be dangerous taking the ball from midfield, by making his trademark bursts.

I went with Oscar as CM because I think from a defensive standpoint he has good tactical awareness and understands the position better. He has often dropped deep to allow Cesc to move forward, so for me it was a natural choice. He has played in the pivot before, just not from the beginning of the game.

We really do don't move well off the ball in the attacking sequence, the option to pass is not always there or should I say it takes time for that option to develop. So that plays to Willian strength, Willian is quite strong on the ball and he can hold on to the ball much longer until available pass options develop. In comparison to Oscar, this plays to his weakness. He is physically limited, he is quite easily pushed off the ball by stronger defenders the more time he is holding on to the ball the more that plays to his weakness. He likes to make quick passes, use his off the ball movement and make instinctive decisions.

So based on that I chose Willian as CAM due to his possession abilility, and I feel more space could benefit Oscar game as CM. he gives you better defensive ability then Cesc, and better offensively then Ramires.

Yes, based on the way we play now, i feel that would be the logical solution.

However my main concern would be, as you pointed out, Oscar lack of physical strength in a cm position, but giving a try wouldn't hurt, i always thought both players would make decent cm options.

Indeed. Out of our next 8 league games, think we'll pick only 9 points. Anything more seems like a bonus right now.

More positive thinking and getting behind the team needed me thinks,win this 1 and another 19 out of 26 and we finish top4!