• Oscar (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Henrique, I'm not saying it was anything special in itself, I'm saying we showed improvement in how we played and for me the biggest testament of that is how quiet all those threads are. If we had won, but had showed the same horror show, there were comments everywhere diminishing the win. As that's not the case, everyone is quiet.

I mean, this is a forum and the main idea here is discussion and I get it, but does it actually hurt to celebrate wins and better performances? It seems it does hurt people's egos.

Barbara, you are not getting it right in my opinion. As you suggested in your first post, the reaction is 'predictable' — but a big team led by Mourinho that gets an 'ok' one-nil victory against a shitty team too is so predictable. And I do not believe it has anything to do with people's ego being hurt. Once you have said 'youpi we won I'm happy', what is left to be said ? Unless you win against a big team, or that something special or new happens during the game, there is nothing more to say. And most people could not be bothered to write down 'youpi we win' and celebrate the victory by there side. Moreover, you mention celebrating improvement. But when the improvement consists of winning one nil against Norwich after having lost to Stoke, there is not a lot to be celebrated when the club concerned is of our calibre.

And to be frank, I have the feeling that a lot of people have gotten bored out of hell with the shit and negative football we play since January and with the constant soap opera we get since the first game of the season (take a look at the forum's activity). In that regard, I do believe that even had we lost, the so-called 'moaners' would not have been bothered to 'moan'.

Arsenal's annual injury crisis gives me good cause of optimism to think they will bottle it as usual and we can catch them. On behalf of Leicester, I keep thinking they are going to drop points eventually and we will catch up with them and we will take advantage but they keep on winning. Not even a definite we will catch them. Makes that Spurs game so vital. If we can win that then...

By that you mean that their mikel is starting to get minutes? :) feel good to know they also have their average players lurking around and ready to come on.

Barbara, you are not getting it right in my opinion. As you suggested in your first post, the reaction is 'predictable' — but a big team led by Mourinho that gets an 'ok' one-nil victory against a shitty team too is so predictable. And I do not believe it has anything to do with people's ego being hurt. Once you have said 'youpi we won I'm happy', what is left to be said ? Unless you win against a big team, or that something special or new happens during the game, there is nothing more to say. And most people could not be bothered to write down 'youpi we win' and celebrate the victory by there side. Moreover, you mention celebrating improvement. But when the improvement consists of winning one nil against Norwich after having lost to Stoke, there is not a lot to be celebrated when the club concerned is of our calibre.

And to be frank, I have the feeling that a lot of people have gotten bored out of hell with the shit and negative football we play since January and with the constant soap opera we get since the first game of the season (take a look at the forum's activity). In that regard, I do believe that even had we lost, the so-called 'moaners' would not have been bothered to 'moan'.

sorry to disagree, Peace., but I think we improved the actual play.

How many times we played awful football this season when the opposition showed nothing? Nearly every time we were in a pitch. I saw improvements that give me hope we could maybe get on track. I'm not stating anywhere that I saw enough to convince me we'll start an outstanding recovery now or that we are last season's team again (first half).

What I mean is that there's enough to analyze about how OUR playing improved, regardless of what the other team offered and most people are very quiet about it.

I think you guys are the ones getting the wrong idea here. I've never said with this display we set the universe right, I just said many of our complaints (clueless attack, soft midfield, uninspired players and play, poor tactics and system) seemed to have been addressed and progress made.

I've never said anything about the kind of football we've been playing since January, I've never said it isn't negative. This is a match thread and as such I expected it to be analyzed, discussed, but as there isn't much negatives to say except say 'it was against poor, poor, Norwich, no analysis has been made, no long posts about how everything is so gloomy, horrible, terrible.

I've stated my opinion many times - enough of them btw, reason why I don't keep restating it like a broken record - I think Mourinho needs to reinvent himself, far away from Chelsea (as we shouldn't be paying for the upgrade and updating he needs to do in his view of the game) and should be fired at the end of the season (I see no point of doing it now). I'm not happy with his general approach, I think he needs to improve many things, from tactics and approach to communication and people skills. I won't state the same old every single time. Today we had a match, we played well, we won. That's what I'm talking about, but most of people here seem interested in talking about only one topic and if the latest facts won't fuel their discussion, there's no discussion at all.

Where are people discussing how Hazard came back from ashes and had his best match in at least 8 months? Where are people talking about how Kenedy in the LB actually worked, or how Willian was good and Fabregas' passing was setting our attack alright? Our off the ball movement was great. There was more discipline in our defense as a whole, although they weren't as solid as I would like (but it also comes as a consequence of the attacking approach we adopted). Actually speaking of which - we had a positive approach today, looked very attack oriented. No, basically no comment. Just silence.

Sorry if I think you guys have double standards. Let's all complain about things that happened now and at the club's foundation date, let's put it all on the manager's account, let's say everything we think over and over and over and over and over again (not your case). But if something nice actually happens, let's ignore it.

We all support Chelsea, I'm happy for the win and even happier for the way we approached the game. It might not be enough to regroup and get our shit together, but it was enough for today. Very good work by Jose and the players. The silence is everyone's prerogative. Mocking it also is.

Actually the forum has been very quiet for the last two weeks for the last few days there have been less than 100 posts a day .. so today it is actually busier

like during every other international break. Match days aren't normally this quiet.

Hi there, couldn´t watch the game today, so much to do, just got home, great to know we´ve won, even if it was only 1-0, classic Mourinho result, it´s a first step to getting back on track, we´ll see in the next matches how it goes. How did the team play? any improvements? which player or players stood out more today? any feedback from you guys would be appreciated. Great to have league football resume again. Cheers mates.

On a side note, today´s results were crazy, Arsenal losing 2-1 to West Brom, Real Madrid getting trashed at home by Barcelona, Manchester City getting trashed by Liverpool at home hehe, only thing missing was United dropping points. All in all a good weekend already :) Leicester City are the league leaders by 1 point, who would have predicted that at the start of the season? damn, Premier League is too unpredictable. Awesome job by Ranieri and his team, great season Leicester is having, from battling relegation last season to being 1st in the league by the end of November this season, really impressive, they will qualify for Europe next season for sure if they keep up this form, Vardy is having the season of his life, best candidate for PFA player of the year so far, in my opinion. I´m going to watch the derby cup match between Sporting and Benfica, great match it will be. Cheers

and you thought what happened in Paris was less important than talking about Costa ,,, shows your sense of value

Not at all....managed to do both things but chose not to discuss Paris on here.

Am sure my values are intact and very high especially having served in 2 conflicts myself. Do keep up.

Yadda yadfa moan moan....

Am sure my values are intact and very high especially having served in 2 conflicts myself. Do keep up.

Rhino Thick skinned short sighted bad tempered animal ,, Suits you perfectly

YADA YADA YADA BRAG BRAG

Rhino Thick skinned short sighted bad tempered animal ,, Suits you perfectly

YADA YADA YADA BRAG BRAG

Please leave this lads, thanks.