• Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

I still can't believe we have not had 2 consecutive league wins this season. Spurs would be a fantastic way to break that duck. Nice to see Hazard back to his best. He was very good against Spurs and excellent today. Skysports gave him MOTM rating with the highest of 9. Well done. Still eagerly want him to get that first goal though.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea's fixtures until Jan:

Maccabi (A)

Spurs (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Porto (H)

Leicester (A)

Sunderland (H)

Watford (H)

Man Utd (A).

Should win each of those home games.

Spurs, united, Leicester are the main ones. 6 or 6+ points in them and we will be right on track.

Good. Thanks chelsea for making my day.

On second note, as much as I would love to see us fight for top place, I still enjoy these so called battle relegation games. Its never boring to be a chelsea fan.

We've taken over FC Bayern as the new Hollywood FC. It's been that way for the past 2/3 years now. :lol:

But tbf,, isn't it kind of empty watching the BPL this season? Like I'll sit there and watch City lose to Liverpool 4-1,and i'll get all jacked up that we can close the gap 3pts and that they lost.. but then it hits me that it doesn't even matter. Title aspirations are down the drain. :(

Can't even watch MOTD with all the constant losing aswell. lol

...so you want us to continue what people call "moaning" then? Because if we "moan", typical others will say "LOL moaners moaning even though we won!"

We are expected to beat Norwich that is the standard. This is a standard victory. It wasn't special, this wasn't a thrashing victory, but wasn't a horrible disappointment either.

But there are always talking points from matches, regardless of whether we win or lose. It's just that when we lose, people tend to blow it out of proportion like it's the end of the world. But when we win, nothing much is said.

Blown out of proportion? When we lost 3 PL matches in a row, leaking goals like crazy, struggling to score on open play, Mourinho being childish, getting banned & fined and the club being 16th place before today with no light at the end of the tunnel? And you call us being blown out of proportion?

You're kinda missing the point here. Those situations mentioned deserved criticism since they happened over an extended period of time. Think you have been here long enough to realize the inconsistency (if we can call it that) when it comes to the reaction of winning/losing games.

Sigh - we are still shit

Wish we had gone with Klopp - really enjoyed watching them thrash City.

The high pressure and quick passing is exactly how we should play, and we used to play before Jan 2015...

Liverpool also lost to Palace.

This was a encouraging display, could and should have scored more, unlike the Villa game when we were still poor and won due to them being even worse and having a manager without his coaching badges.

Stoke and today performance have shown real signs of recovery, were know properly if its a false dawn in 2-3 weeks,we can't judge at WHL because we can easily lose their being on top form.

Liverpool also lost to Palace.

This was a encouraging display, could and should have scored more, unlike the Villa game when we were still poor and won due to them being even worse and having a manager without his coaching badges.

Stoke and today performance have shown real signs of recovery, were know properly if its a false dawn in 2-3 weeks,we can't judge at WHL because we can easily lose their being on top form.

Agreed - re-watched the highlights and there were plenty of chances - I wanted 3-0 and we could and should have had that...

Just still not sure how we will fare against better teams.

But yes, definitely signs of improvement - would be nice if we could go on Arsenal esque run and put together 19 wins in a row :)

Wow nearly got a nosebleed looking at the table, up to 15th :) :)

Sorry I am late to the post match party :D

Watched it all today. I thought we dominated today. Should have won 3-0 or 4-0 really, but will take 1-0.

Hazard played like the Eden we are used to seeing. As others have commented, Fabregas and Willian looked good. Even Costa looked better than with his usual 4 or 5 flops inside the box and then slamming his hands on the pitch because no call. If he would mature and just focus on scoring, dribbling, passing and defending and forget the drama, he might just be alright :D

I felt Pedro played well too and fit into the offensive chemistry. I realize it is Norwich FFS, but we looked like we had played together before, had pace throughout, defended all while controlling possession.

Surprised not a lot of comments on Kenedy. Thought he held his own. He brought pace down the side while attacking. I would not mind him in the rotation back there to give guys rest. I also think getting Courtois back will give the back line a boost of confidence. Not that Begovic has played poorly, he just isn't Courtois. We have only allowed 8 goals in our last matches in all competitions, so thing are turning a bit.

I like what I am seeing and, even in the defeat at Stoke, we played much better. Some definite strides. Can we take care of Maccabi Tel Aviv on Tuesday and then head to White Hart Lane and get a result? Either 3 or 1 will do. Need to start climbing the ladder. First, let's get in the top half of the table and then go from there.

I am encouraged tonight. Jose, don't allow it to be given back the rest of the week.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

No one answered my question, anyway i watched the extended highlights and i must say we should have trashed Norwich, history of our season so far, poor finishing has been costing us, ok it was 1-0, but It can get better and i was very delighted with the clean sheet and overall performance of the team, they looked organized, lively and created good chances to score, just need to put most of them away, Costa should have had a hattrick, been a while since he scored, but it´s good to see him scoring again and a very well taken goal at that, it will be good for his confidence and let´s hope he stays out of trouble in the future and focuses on his scoring, may it continue. Cheers

Cesc, Costa (3), Matic were the open goal chances plus the one that went in.
So better in that department.
Norwich were poor but they too had a very good chance to go ahead as well (and in the rebound we almost scored).

The target is quite clearly to stay away from the relegation zone, until reinforcements arrive.