• Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Arsenal's annual injury crisis gives me good cause of optimism to think they will bottle it as usual and we can catch them. On behalf of Leicester, I keep thinking they are going to drop points eventually and we will catch up with them and we will take advantage but they keep on winning. Not even a definite we will catch them. Makes that Spurs game so vital. If we can win that then...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now make it 2 PL wins in a row Chelsea. No more disappointment in results anymore.

I'm trying to be happy, but I can't yet. Not until next PL match and we actually WIN that game. Then I know the boys are back.

I'd say we need three PL wins (or four.... or more :P) before we can start hoping that this is a genuine return to form. The signs were very encouraging today.

Well, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Fabregas controlled the game. Shows how good he can be when given the space, though most teams wouldn't give that luxury. Hazard really took it upon himself to make something happen today; looked hungry and kept looking for the ball. Good signs and if we play with this intensity and urgency, a win at Spurs is not out of the question.

post-match thread quiet, Mourinho's thread quiet. Come on, TC, stop being predictable!!!!

I saw a lot of improvement today. People say it's not enough, that we should be playing like that against Norwich and I'm not denying any of that, the thing is we've been so far from playing good football, regardless of the opposition, that although not anything amazing in itself, that was a big step in the right direction. The team actually looked drilled, pressed well at some moments, we were conscious in our attacking moves.

We must carry on and I think a bigger scoreline was needed to face Spurs with better spirits, but one thing at a time. Maybe we'll do that at Maccabi - we should honestly, even if the game is in Israel. I have more safety concerns about that match than about our performance.

The bias though is annoying. My commentator couldn't shut his trap saying the players weren't training well because they were unhappy and upset with the players, then he praised a lot Hazard, Willian and Fabregas, but said Mourinho made a selection mistake with their positioning, stating all kind of shit when they were interchanging most of the game. There's no winning for Mourinho in the media, or here, no matter what.

Hazard has been brilliant, but my MOTM goes to Fabregas. I feel he's the player who's fighting for Mourinho (the problem is, he isn't a fighting player in the pitch, being more cerebral than anything else). But I'm just happy for Hazard and Fab. Diego needs to improve and be happier. He seems very unhappy and it isn't clear with it's only with himself or with others too. Didn't celebrate his goal, went out off the tunnel really quickly after the match was over. I think Matic had ups and down, Kenedy is a better FB than Iva, Baba and Zouma. Iva ruined our attack on occasions, but was sort of okay defending. But why not play Azpili instead of Iva if Kenedy is in the LB?

Our defense wasn't tested enough, there weren't absolutely solid, but I don't think they compromised either.

And Arsenal lost, so that's a good weekend - and I honestly don't get the quiet threads. Although predictable, it's also sad.

Oh Hazard, it is such a joy to watch him play well. Chelsea look much better when he plays well, but it's still apparent that the team still needs to make changes in the attack. Throughout the match we lacked bodies in the penalty area, as well as having no one making the correct off the ball runs, Costa in particular. There were definitely positives to take from the match but much improvement is needed. Good result nonetheless.

We've been involved in countless 1-0 win games over the last decade or so. They're always nerve wracking and this was no exception. Thank fuck for the win a decent performance but bar the goal what has happened to Costa ?. He's always drifting to the left getting in Eden's way when he should be in the middle. His first touch is awful and he looks clumsy and pedestrian.

We are at a stage where we will take 3 points over anything, that's precisely what we managed.

There was that urgency & determination from the team (not one or 2 players but everyone) to go out and give it all ... That's what I saw and liked it ... When you play like this, the output at time takes a back seat because you see that the hard work was put in ... Having said that there surely are criticism but today I m just happy that everyone tried to come on the field and showed respect to the jersey they worn.

post-match thread quiet, Mourinho's thread quiet. Come on, TC, stop being predictable!!!!

I saw a lot of improvement today. People say it's not enough, that we should be playing like that against Norwich and I'm not denying any of that, the thing is we've been so far from playing good football, regardless of the opposition, that although not anything amazing in itself, that was a big step in the right direction. The team actually looked drilled, pressed well at some moments, we were conscious in our attacking moves.

We must carry on and I think a bigger scoreline was needed to face Spurs with better spirits, but one thing at a time. Maybe we'll do that at Maccabi - we should honestly, even if the game is in Israel. I have more safety concerns about that match than about our performance.

The bias though is annoying. My commentator couldn't shut his trap saying the players weren't training well because they were unhappy and upset with the players, then he praised a lot Hazard, Willian and Fabregas, but said Mourinho made a selection mistake with their positioning, stating all kind of shit when they were interchanging most of the game. There's no winning for Mourinho in the media, or here, no matter what.

Hazard has been brilliant, but my MOTM goes to Fabregas. I feel he's the player who's fighting for Mourinho (the problem is, he isn't a fighting player in the pitch, being more cerebral than anything else). But I'm just happy for Hazard and Fab. Diego needs to improve and be happier. He seems very unhappy and it isn't clear with it's only with himself or with others too. Didn't celebrate his goal, went out off the tunnel really quickly after the match was over. I think Matic had ups and down, Kenedy is a better FB than Iva, Baba and Zouma. Iva ruined our attack on occasions, but was sort of okay defending. But why not play Azpili instead of Iva if Kenedy is in the LB?

Our defense wasn't tested enough, there weren't absolutely solid, but I don't think they compromised either.

And Arsenal lost, so that's a good weekend - and I honestly don't get the quiet threads. Although predictable, it's also sad.

Come on Barbara, you again complaining about Mourinho and match thread being quite after a good result.

Let me explain, defeating Norwich is normal, another day in the office. Losing at home for Norwich is not normal, so its right when people get mad and write posts after a unusual result. So, a bad result today would mean Mourinho topic being pretty hot, but thats natural.

We are no talking about a game where Jose came up with an amazing tactic plan and put Barcelona or Bayern in his pocket, so its natural that people won't be in Mourinho thread writing posts. To other side, when the team can't play fooball against Sunderland, its not normal, so its something unusual, people will write posts about that.

1-0 result aside, nothing special happened.

out of the ground having a nice cold beer to give my vocal chords a fighting chance of being ok later.

A few raised eyebrows at team selection from some supporters but once game got going all seemed well in control and comfortable until a nervy last 5 mins.

Some of the fast interchange play was a delight but sometimes seemed overplayed and possibly a shot or an attempt at incisive pass could have been tried earlier in the move.....however Norwich were packing the area to make it difficult.

All in all, it was a throwback to last season at times and hopefully more confidence gained to take to next match.

MHL in great voice hence sore voice

Come on Barbara, you again complaining about Mourinho and match thread being quite after a good result.

Let me explain, defeating Norwich is normal, another day in the office. Losing at home for Norwich is not normal, so its right when people get mad and write posts after a unusual result. So, a bad result today would mean Mourinho topic being pretty hot, but thats natural.

We are no talking about a game where Jose came up with an amazing tactic plan and put Barcelona or Bayern in his pocket, so its natural that people won't be in Mourinho thread writing posts. To other side, when the team can't play fooball against Sunderland, its not normal, so its something unusual, people will write posts about that.

1-0 result aside, nothing special happened.

Henrique, I'm not saying it was anything special in itself, I'm saying we showed improvement in how we played and for me the biggest testament of that is how quiet all those threads are. If we had won, but had showed the same horror show, there were comments everywhere diminishing the win. As that's not the case, everyone is quiet.

I mean, this is a forum and the main idea here is discussion and I get it, but does it actually hurt to celebrate wins and better performances? It seems it does hurt people's egos.

Henrique, I'm not saying it was anything special in itself, I'm saying we showed improvement in how we played and for me the biggest testament of that is how quiet all those threads are. If we had won, but had showed the same horror show, there were comments everywhere diminishing the win. As that's not the case, everyone is quiet.

I mean, this is a forum and the main idea here is discussion and I get it, but does it actually hurt to celebrate wins and better performances? It seems it does hurt people's egos.

Actually the forum has been very quiet for the last two weeks for the last few days there have been less than 100 posts a day .. so today it is actually busier