the wes

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Djilobodji, Falcao, Hector, Pato, Miazga. We're settling for mediocrity now, aren't we? Somebody seriously needs to be sacked from the board.

It's the tightening of the purse strings.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It reminds of the time when we bought Marin as an insurance policy before winning the Champions League.

This is far worse.  It's not even insurance - it's the norm for Chelsea transfers

13 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

But the MLS wouldn't have any say once he's ours would they? Bad business to promise something and turn around and do the opposite, but they wouldn't have any recourse would they?

No, I'm sure not but if we backtracked it certainly would not help our case if we ever wanted to sign young MLS players in future.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Djilobodji, Falcao, Hector, Pato, Miazga. We're settling for mediocrity now, aren't we? Somebody seriously needs to be sacked from the board.

More like Baba Rahman imo. Also Miazga can become USA captain in future, which would be also good for us commercially.

1 minute ago, 11Drogba said:

More like Baba Rahman imo. Also Miazga can become USA captain in future, which would be also good for us commercially.

What's the point of that when we probably won't even be using him? He'll be lucky if he doesn't end up at Vitesse (or somewhere else) next season.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think this guy is just another young prospect which we'll buy cheap, loan out out and try and sell again after a couple of years for a profit. Papy and Hector fall into that category aswell. I don't think the club is actually thinking about them as starters. Unless they develop extremely well.

Could be that he'll stay at the club first and take up the number 4 cb slot, basically taking over from Papy and then get loaned out next season.

Falcao was a stupid deal (was against it the moment i heard about it).

As long as Remy stays and we aren't left with just Costa, Pato and Falcao i'm fine with Pato. Seems like a low risk (low investment) / high potential reward to me.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

What's the point of that when we probably won't even be using him? He'll be lucky if he doesn't end up at Vitesse (or somewhere else) next season.

He may not be ready right now but he has potential. Miazga is only 20 years old. I don't think this transfer has any similarity to the transfers you mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Think this guy is just another young prospect which we'll buy cheap, loan out out and try and sell again after a couple of years for a profit. Papy and Hector fall into that category aswell. I don't think the club is actually thinking about them as starters. Unless they develop extremely well.

That's probably one of things that's pissing many people off. We seem more interested in gaining profit than actually strengthening the first team with quality players. Our squad depth and quality right now is absolute joke especially for a big club that wants to stay at the top, be better and win more trophies.