• Hazard (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first match in some time that I can say that I was satisfied with Chelsea's performance. I mean --wow-- HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN?

aside from the obvious (Willian), I'm going to praise Baba for some good moments and a pretty steady performance given his lack of time so far for us. Also, I thought Costa did well and looked very fit --I am pleased with his look at the moment. :D

We only lacked some creation from CM and from Oscar's position IMO. Could have created a little more perhaps, but we also could have scored 2-3 more goals with what happened in the FINAL 3RD. So, that spells --progress--.

Good day at the Bridge. Let's see how that translates into the PL.

Okay, I realize there were a few break downs, especially at the back in the 65' - 80' period, but all and all, there were less than previous games and the biggest positives I saw came late: (1) The Willian cracker at 83' combined with (2) the return of a fire after the goal putting us up 2-1 with Hazard and Pedro coming on. Though they did not get it in the goal during those final 10 minutes, we did control the possession, threatened a couple of times with some Hazard moves of old and killed it off! How many times this year have we scored late to get all three points and killed off the game? This is the first sign we may be coming to life.

I agree with many on here that "if" Hazard and Pedro will play for 90 minutes with the fire they showed the final 10 today, then put them with Willian and let's go!

I am also in agreement with many on here that we have to have a better option up top than Costa. I cannot believe how quickly he has fallen from royalty (first half of last season) to complete side show since. He is a distraction. His antics get old. He was not as into the villain role the first half of last year but he is now. No need to play Falcao any more in my opinion. Just go with Remy and let's see what happens. Costa is a lightning rod for the officials and just sets a negative tone.

Keeping Ramires and Matic together in midfield seems to work somewhat until we can add someone else in January. Just keep Cesc out of those positions please.

Though Begovic has played admirably, do not under-estimate the return of Courtois in 5 weeks or so. This will strength our back line too by adding confidence.

Odd that we are in the bottom half of the table and yet every weekend is a "BIG" game for us. Here is yet another one. We do not play well at Stoke, but we honestly played well enough to win last week there so why not now?

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Willian is the kind of players I want to see more at Chelsea the blue heart :)

Doesn't get the limelight as other players in the team but boy does he give everything on pitch. It is precisely these kind of players I like to see at Chelsea. We reached great heights with these kind of players.

I wasn't really that big a Willian fan to begin with but boy has he changed my opinion about him. Sorry Willian ! I forgot that it these kind of players that I wanted to see at Chelsea, players that give their everything that achieve greatness not because the media claimed them to be a magician but purely due to the work rate and the attitude.

Willian you now have a die hard fan for you :)

That free-kick can't be associated with the word 'ugly'.

Yes it can. When you need an own goal and a rare free-kick to beat Dinamo at home, you don't get to celebrate much.

All our problems were still blatantly visible...

A win is a win.

That wasn't a complainment lol.

I saw a few people saying we would lose if we played like we have been and I said I could very well see us getting an ugly victory even if not performing well (which we didnt).

But to answr your reply. A win is a win but a win like this doesnt make us any hopeful for the next matches as all the same old issues continues to be present in our games. So, yeah I am happy with the win but not happy that we dont show any signs of imprvements week in and week out!