Alex Teixeira

the wes

How can people say he's not good enough because he plays in the Ukrainian league, when that's where Douglas Costa played and look how that turned out.

Basically, you can't use the strength of the league as justification for how a player will do in another country.

I thought we were passed this now?

Agree. Also going by that logic - howcome England national team is underperforming when all of them are hotshots in the EPL?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even his YouTube highlights which can make anyone look like a world beater don't look impressive.

Also, spending a huge sum on yet another AM when we don't even have a permanent manager would be dumb. What if the new guy doesn't like him? Makes no sense. If we sign anyone in January I think it'll be a cheap striker for the squad to replace Falcao on the bench.

Douglas Costa´s YT highlights were also not that impressive,but still,he suprised everyone by playing very impressive football.Everyone has forgotten the legendary Ribery at Munich

Douglas Costa´s YT highlights were also not that impressive,but still,he suprised everyone by playing very impressive football.Everyone has forgotten the legendary Ribery at Munich

willian's were really bad too

Chelsea 'agree deal to sign £30million Alex Teixeira as Guus Hiddink's first signing' #CFCCFC.png #Shakhtar (Mirror)

its Emenalo signing not guus signing i dont care who signs him he looks like a good player who can score goals something we lack atm

Douglas Costa's YouTube highlights showed him to be a far more technically gifted player than Juan Cuadrado who we nevertheless went for instead. Granted, technically better footballer does not necessarily equal better player full stop but, in my opinion, technique has been a sadly undervalued attribute in the eyes of our recruiters. We've always preferred a Diego Costa over a Sergio Aguero, a Torres over a Suarez.

When all is said and done, the best sides in the world are stuffed with superb technicians. That is why they are better than the rest, not because they run more or are bigger or stronger. Lot's of other qualities are important too but, to be the best takes technique, technique, technique. We need more of it and the sooner the better.

Douglas Costa's YouTube highlights showed him to be a far more technically gifted player than Juan Cuadrado who we nevertheless went for instead. Granted, technically better footballer does not necessarily equal better player full stop but, in my opinion, technique has been a sadly undervalued attribute in the eyes of our recruiters. We've always preferred a Diego Costa over a Sergio Aguero, a Torres over a Suarez.

When all is said and done, the best sides in the world are stuffed with superb technicians. That is why they are better than the rest, not because they run more or are bigger or stronger. Lot's of other qualities are important too but, to be the best takes technique, technique, technique. We need more of it and the sooner the better.

Exactly this... Technical quality over any other attribute for attackers any day.

Realmadrid, Barcelona and bayern prove this.

YT should never be used to judge a player unless they're youngsters. They only show the flashy things that don't impact most matches.

YT should never be used to judge a player unless they're youngsters. They only show the flashy things that don't impact most matches.

I understand your point but I only agree to a certain extent. I think there are certain attributes which can be divined if the videos are watched critically. The Douglas Costa case is one of countless examples where I believe an opinion formed from youtube has proved accurate. Certain things do not transmit however. I feel that I correctly noted the limitations of Kennedy's touch from watching those highlights but I did not learn about the fire in his belly until I saw him play for real.

I think most players can be dismissed as real Chelsea prospects from watching YouTube but sometimes those highlights do reveal traits which you think gives him a chance and which makes you want to see full game coverage of the player. That is how I would use the clips; not to decide but to narrow down the list of targets I wanted to scout.

Agree. Also going by that logic - howcome England national team is underperforming when all of them are hotshots in the EPL?

Exactly.

I think that's because the English media are so quick to jump on "potentially good" players. I don't think English teams are feared like they once were. Even the likes of PSG, Juventus are surpassing the English teams.

Exactly this... Technical quality over any other attribute for attackers any day.

Realmadrid, Barcelona prove this.

They play in a different country where the weather is nicer, other teams are weaker and the fans put a lot more pressure on their players. To be successful in England a player must be physically strong and very determined besides having good technique.

They play in a different country where the weather is nicer, other teams are weaker and the fans put a lot more pressure on their players. To be successful in England a player must be physically strong and very determined besides having good technique.

True, but we need to make sure the attacking players are technically sound instead of focusing so much on physical quality

This. The emphasis is on pace and power in England, always has been and always will be.

Technical players will give you a chance in the CL but if they can't ride a tackle like Hazard can then you will not be successful.

This. The emphasis is on pace and power in England, always has been and always will be.

Technical players will give you a chance in the CL but if they can't ride a tackle like Hazard can then you will not be successful.

We should strive to become Bayern Muncih 2012/2013. That type of team which combines physicality and technique would dominate both domestic and European competition. That's why I am not so keen on Guardiola or Rodgers who is obsessed with Spanish football.

We can buy all the AMC in the world we want. We could even buy James Rodriguez, Ozil or I don't know. But with no proper box-to-box midfield, it's no use.

EDIT: This guy will be 26 yo at 6.1.2016. Players usually peak in-between 26-28. I don't see much improvement potential in him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You