test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Caeruleus

Automotive world

Started by Caeruleus,

32 posts in this topic

Are we men or not? Just joking. Can't understand why there's no automotive topic.

Alfa Romeo presented next gen D-segment Giulia. And in most sportive version Quadrifoglio Verde (QV).

What do you think about this car? They want to take place with it in premium segment (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Volvo).

It's pretty nice. Compared with BMW Series 3, Audi A4 and Mercedes C-class (front site).

alfa.jpg

Fulham Broadway likes this

Looks good.

Lets hope its not owned by a similar demographic. I think BMW drivers and Audi drivers have a special chip inserted in them that makes them complete arseholes.

Crap, I drive an Audi.

Looks good.

Lets hope its not owned by a similar demographic. I think BMW drivers and Audi drivers have a special chip inserted in them that makes them complete arseholes.

What about Mercedes Benz and Range Rover ?

I find here in Australia wanker cars to be:

1. Audi
  2. BMW
  3. Range Rover
  4. Mercedes

What about Mercedes Benz and Range Rover ?

I find here in Australia wanker cars to be:

1. Audi
  2. BMW
  3. Range Rover
  4. Mercedes

I would agree with that. I have had BMWs and a Merc 4x4, and would never again.

Now have a nice understated Golf

People get behind the wheel of Audis, BMWs and suddenly think it makes them kind of special -for that read; arrogant, rude, undertaking, tailgating etc. Yet when I challenged one at traffic lights, I got out and shall we say, 'remonstrated' with the Audi driver, it was a weedy fucking prick sat behind the wheel who sped off :D

Caeruleus likes this

People get behind the wheel of Audis, BMWs and suddenly think it makes them kind of special -for that read; arrogant, rude, undertaking, tailgating etc. Yet when I challenged one at traffic lights, I got out and shall we say, 'remonstrated' with the Audi driver, it was a weedy fucking prick sat behind the wheel who sped off :D

Understated Golf? Hi hi hi. Maybe in the UK. But here in Bosnia and Croatia VW Golf is the most overrated, overpriced and overvalued car. Fox example VW Passat is equated with Audi A4, BMW 3-series and Mercedes C-class. Not joking!

Look at this GM policy right now. It seems that GM is playing VW-style with Opel/Vauxhall Astra. Astra K 2015 looks like Astra J 2009 facelift xD

6YBUrTs.jpg

oIx97EO.jpg

Understated Golf? Hi hi hi. Maybe in the UK. But here in Bosnia and Croatia VW Golf is the most overrated, overpriced and overvalued car. Fox example VW Passat is equated with Audi A4, BMW 3-series and Mercedes C-class. Not joking!

Look at this GM policy right now. It seems that GM is playing VW-style with Opel/Vauxhall Astra. Astra K 2015 looks like Astra J 2009 facelift xD

6YBUrTs.jpgu

oIx97EO.jpg

Yes it looks like they are apeing the Golf. This has always been the case, with VW inventing the hatchback with the Golf if I am not mistaken.

When I say 'understated' I mean it is not brash or ostentatious like Beemers or Mercs or Audis. The people that go for those, and I am generalising here, tend to have something to prove. Well thats the case in the UK. They drive like idiots, and seem to be making some kind of statement like 'look at me, i have made it in life' yet they tend to live in shitty houses :D I am guessing here, but they most likely have small penises as well. Golf has brilliant acceleration, sound proofing, economy and build, but is not saying 'notice me'.

End of the day though, its just a fucking car :D

Saving my pennies for a early-90s Nissan 240sx or Silvia. I really want the S13...but feel like I may end up with a Miata.

nice. Hardly any of those on UK roads, but I suppose they dont rust in sunny Florida !

Kieran. likes this

Are we men or not? Just joking. Can't understand why there's no automotive topic.

Alfa Romeo presented next gen D-segment Giulia. And in most sportive version Quadrifoglio Verde (QV).

What do you think about this car? They want to take place with it in premium segment (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Volvo).

It's pretty nice. Compared with BMW Series 3, Audi A4 and Mercedes C-class (front site).

alfa.jpg

Alfa's have always looked good....just their old rep of being rust buckets was a hard tag to lose.

I had a brand new Alfa GT Black line in 2008 which was a great little coupe and handled brilliantly (but a tad harsh with sports suspension). Served me well before I part ex it for a Jag XF after a couple of years

Caeruleus likes this

E-segment sedans in USA:

Acura TLX, Audi A6, BMW 5, Buick LaCrosse

JHLNAev.jpg

Cadillac CTS, Chrysler 300, Infiniti Q70, Jaguar XF

Hu1124F.jpg

Lexus GS, Lincoln MKZ, Mercedes E, Volvo S90

fUv3rNP.jpg

Jaguar XF the most beautiful.

On 10/12/2015 at 7:00 PM, Caeruleus said:

BMW 7 E38 from the 1998. Niiiiice.

FURbLyJ.jpg

qajuotG.jpg

EihEyxE.jpg

VnanjAz.jpg

K05gaRB.jpg

AvsTtxC.jpg

NwUU4eF.jpg

59QrWm1.jpg

VczyfzJ.jpg

Never been that keen on the 7 series but that's a beaut.

The adverts for the brand new one are good as well, probably the best looking of the lot so far. Cost a few quid though.

On 11/11/2015 at 5:23 AM, Fulham Broadway said:

This brings up a good topic for me.

Cars made in and around Germany, with German parts are very suspect in America for some people because of the costly repairs and faulty electrical systems. I have an old Volvo and although I prefer the style, design, and comfort of European car (better than American and Japanese in most models), I feel that I am somewhat disinclined to buy another European car unless I can get enough feedback from other owners on a brand/model that doesn't have electrical problems and excessive repairs. 

Never(?) has any company made a German, French or Italian car in Japan and rarely has a company so successfully mixed the European design quality and comfort with Japanese reliability. The Acura TL around 2007 and newer models of Lexus sport sedans are the only cars that come to mind. Personally, this is what I would like in a car: European design, Japanese reliability and longevity with minimal repairs AND either electric or hybrid.

or... for the cheap compromise: buy a Honda, rip the shitty driver's seat out and install a Recaro racing seat. :)

example of Acura TL from yesteryears (the new ones look like total shit) and the new Lexus IS: 

acura TL 2008.jpg

Lexus IS sport.jpg