Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lose this and our qualification chances will look very bleak.

In other news, Dynamo Kiev suffered their first defeat of the season today, losing 3-0 at home to Shakhtar Donetsk.

hope their confidence is low after that game :)

Really tough game, playing in Ukraine or Russia is never easy in the Champions League, as any team will find out, they are really tough grounds just like the portuguese ones, sides like Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk are very hard to beat at home, i think it will be a close game, but it will depend much on the concentration and commitment levels of the team, we will need to raise our game. Now that the Villa game is out of the way in which we got a good result at home regardless of Villa´s poor form, because we have been poor as well and it was great for the confidence of the team, we can´t take nothing for granted in the Premier League and now it´s back to basics, concentrate first on organizing the defense and try to keep clean sheets, then focus on the attack.

One game at a time the team needs to gain more confidence, it will take time for the team to really hit the groove and play better and it´s good to see some changes already, no one is untouchable these days as proven by Hazard beeing on the bench against Villa, i don´t know why people are making a big fuss, because his form hasn´t been great either, good call from the manager even if it was a tactical decision but it garanteed the 3 points which was more important, done and dusted.

They need to try and go for it in Kiev, of course it will be very difficult, and a draw there really wouldn´t be a bad result, but at the moment we can´t take any chances, getting the 3 points is of vital importance in this game and on the return match too, so we can avoid finding ourselves in real trouble to qualify for the next round. Let´s focus on Tuesday first and hope we get the result, then we will see after this match how we stand on the table and will have a better picture of our chances in this competetion. Good luck to the team and cheers to all. KTBFFH

Here's to hoping we escape with a draw.

There's been no indication of our play drastically changing. Expecting a win here (or any match) is setting yourself up for disappointment.

The only way we can sneak a victory is if they get a red-card...even then, you still don't know with this bunch.

Their so mentally fragile it's insane..and saddening at the same time.

Oscar in, Pedro Out.

More importantly, Hazard in.

Every game he doesn't start is another day the tabloids get free headlines of a potential rift between our star man and JM.

Seriously. Eden Hazard doesn't need this whole fiasco.

Actually changed my mind

------------Begovic

--Aina Zouma JT Azpi

-----------RLC Rami

--Kenedy Oscar Willian

-------------Costa

Bench Amelia, Cahill, Baba, Matic, Cesc, Hazard, Remy

Obviously it will never, ever happen but I'd like to think it could

So Baba isn't ready and not good enough, but yet Aina somehow is? :D

He dealt with Fiorentina in pre season just fine. He's more defensively solid than Baba in my opinion.

Baba will start against West Ham anyway and will get raped by Payet.

He dealt with Fiorentina in pre season just fine. He's more defensively solid than Baba in my opinion.

I have one question, how many games did Aina play last season?

WHU in this season is very strange. Won with better team, lose with worst. LOL I still would to see Baba, maybe he didnt play his best but still more better then iva in last 5 matches.

Starting Baba is probably without any alternative. Aina has no experience in top flight and Zouma is no fullback. But given Baba is yet an average player and suspect defensively, we should better not stick Hazard in front of him. But he should still play. IMO the solution is putting him at no. 10 and drop Fabregas. I can see Dynamo playing really aggressive at their home and Fabregas needs like an hectar of space when collecting a ball before taking 2 mins, a cup of tea and 3 short bread fingers for turning. I have no idea why at 28 he is already declining so rapdily. i remmeber like it was yesterday hwen he scored that sprinting solo goal against tottenham for arsneal from the kick off. It is probably because he started playing pro football so early he now is only a shadow like Rooney. Anyway, I don't see him as a long-term starter anyway. There is no place for someone like him in modern football unless he finds himself a niche like Pirlo, but i fear he lacks the character and intelligence to do so. Yesterday he only performed ok because rlc, matic and ramires ran their lungs out for him. Against Dynamo it will be a whole different game.

Bego

Azpi Zoum JT Baba

RLC Matic

Pedro Hazard Willian

Diego

would be my lineup. We will surely concede, but IMO with a bit of luck we can still salvage a draw here. KTBFFH

Starting Baba is probably without any alternative. Aina has no experience in top flight and Zouma is no fullback. But given Baba is yet an average player and suspect defensively, we should better not stick Hazard in front of him. But he should still play. IMO the solution is putting him at no. 10 and drop Fabregas. I can see Dynamo playing really aggressive at their home and Hazard needs like an hectar of space when collecting a ball before taking 2 mins, a cup of tea and 3 short bread fingers for turning. I have no idea why at 28 he is already declining so rapdily. i remmeber like it was yesterday hwen he scored that sprinting solo goal against tottenham for arsneal from the kick off. It is probably because he started playing pro football so early he now is only a shadow like Rooney. Anyway, I don't see him as a long-term starter anyway. There is no place for someone like him in modern football unless he finds himself a niche like Pirlo, but i fear he lacks the character and intelligence to do so. Yesterday he only performed ok because rlc, matic and ramires ran their lungs out for him. Against Dynamo it will be a whole different game.

Bego

Azpi Zoum JT Baba

RLC Matic

Pedro Hazard Willian

Diego

would be my lineup. We will surely concede, but IMO with a bit of luck we can still salvage a draw here. KTBFFH

Are you talking about Hazard or Pedro? Hazard is 24, not 28

I do not expect to see Jose assuming risks because it is a very dangerous game. We need to win yes or yes.

That's why I think Jose will play with the "old school", I think even Zouma could play as right-back and Azpi as left-back. With Ramires - Matic - Fabregas in midfield and Willian - Diego Costa - Hazard in attack.

I would love to see Ruben Loftus-Cheek in our midfield, but knowing Jose I think is impossible.

The most important thing is to win another game more. IMO we need to win the next 10 games in any way to cut the bleeding.

But see Ruben Loftus-Cheek would be lovely.

Begovic

Cahill John Terry ©

Zouma Azpilicueta

Ramires Matic

Fabregas

Willian Hazard

Diego Costa

Playing in pre-season is different to playing in a Champions League fixture, LOL. I like him, yeah but using 1 pre-season game as evidence to say he is ready he is not inconclusive.

There is nothing in this world that want more than see Ruben Loftus-Cheek in our starting eleven on Tuesday. Seriously, this guy has a supernatural talent, able to be the best midfielder in the world.

Please Jose, forget about your approaches and bet stronger in Ruben Loftus-Cheek to lead our midfield. PLEASE!