• Matic
    • Ramires
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)

Underwhelming

We were unlucky - good save for Hazards shot, Willian unlucky and Matic should have buried it

Clear penalty denied as well.

But - our attacking play is just shit - absolutely no width and no idea.

Static performances all over the pitch - it's embarrassing - we only ever play back and then lump the ball forward. I'm sorry but these are Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce tactics - I expect more from the alleged 'best' manager in the world

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have won it, too many missed chances and a pretty clear penalty denied too.

Oh well, at least the remaining games against Dynamo and Porto are at home and the only away game is against Maccabi which shouldn't really cause problems. Still feeling pretty confident about the group.

1st half for Chelsea, 2nd half for Kiev. I was disappointed by that, 2nd half performance was underwhelming for me. I'm not impressed by this Kiev side but they could've won. Fair enough, they fought hard at the end.

Overall it was an improvement though. Much better than what we've seen so far this season. Chelsea actually looked like they could defend.

I don't know. On one side you expect more but Chelsea has been so poor so signs of improvement are very welcome. So just keep improving.

Draw isn't disastrous. Have to beat them at home.

I've been a Chelsea supporter for nearly 15 years and this team of 2015 is by far the worst I've ever seen. Our football is just embarrassingly poor. I caught the 2nd half and it's pretty much a chore to watch this team. I can't think of another big team that would tolerate the kind of football Mourinho has this team playing.

Serves you roght for watching arsenal instead of us - first half football was good, second half was poor but it's a step in the right direction

Willian free kicks 99.

This dude was practicing whole summer I guess.

Alot better performance than before from the team, but still missing the killer touch we had last season. Should win tonight, but I wont complain, it was finaly a match that was entertaining enough I didnt fall asleep.

performance decent, result ok. 2 points dropped because of wasteful finishing but defensively solid against a side that threw everything at us but we restricted them to a couple of half-chances. it is great to see we are defensively solid again but we really should do score more. It will take weeks until we click again but our play is just poor, we still look like a collection of individuals not a team. this is surely not down to team spirit but tactics. I sometimes feel Mourinho is too consvervative. Everyone has to track back to the byline but we really should defend more by cohesive team movement instead of one-on-one. We niether defend nor attack as a team.

For the first time in quite a while you can say that the midfield and defense weren't the issues today. They were all up for it.

The attacking play is a major concern. We hardly ever look like scoring from open play. Diego was invisible and no one bar Willian really got going. Hazard still doesn't look fully at it.

Underwhelming

We were unlucky - good save for Hazards shot, Willian unlucky and Matic should have buried it

Clear penalty denied as well.

But - our attacking play is just shit - absolutely no width and no idea.

Static performances all over the pitch - it's embarrassing - we only ever play back and then lump the ball forward. I'm sorry but these are Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce tactics - I expect more from the alleged 'best' manager in the world

Hit the nail on the head, we just don't know how to attack.

There was one free kick we got in our own half after Hazard was fouled and we kicked a hopeless ball straight to an isolated Costa up top. Well, that just summed up our play perfectly.