The Mourinho Thread

Will be getting the hardcover of that no doubt, interesting time to release it though.. career-wise.

Not sure where to post this, but I came across this excellent documentary:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25hjrf_football-s-greatest-teams-chelsea_sport

Damn it was a nice watch. It did make me kinda sad to know that Didier would probably not get such an ending again though. That was seriously the perfect sendoff.

^ Smfh, I felt like smashing my head against a wall when I read this, I've been here since 2009 and that's the stupidest post I've ever seen and that includes bushman's material.

Mourinho going to United now wouldn't make any sense of any level whatsoever, literally no chance of it happening.

. A "new challenge" is going to a different league! (germany, france etc), not up north to win the same trophies he's won here

. There is no connection/affection or.. anything! in regards to Jose and United, he idolised Ferguson and they had a friendship. It's all about red nose, not the club he was managing. Mourinho was one of a select few people who knew Ferguson was retiring before it was announced.

. History - the idea that he would go there because it's United is laughable, on that basis I suppose he's off to Liverpool then

. Legacy - He's had two stints here now, he's Chelsea through and through, he knows how passionate and tribalistic football fans get and wouldn't want to destroy his legacy.

. Money - Mourinho is the 2nd highest paid manager in club football, because of 'Chelsea'.. United can't compete and won't.

He would never go from Chelsea directly to United, that wouldn't make any sense at all.

Makes me giggle when people say, especially those clueless scousers, when they claim United was Mourinho's preferred destination.

Another variable where it would see me not bothered if Liverpool continue throughout the years in mediocrity.

FORMER Real Madrid director Jorge Valdano has slammed Jose Mourinho

"I've never heard in public or in private a football statement from Mourinho worthy to be remembered," Valdano wrote, as quoted by Marca.

"He is a character tailored to these noisy and empty times.

"I couldn't understand him because he is in the antipodes of my sensitivity. Intelligence and ego are enemies. And when they collide, the ego wins."

And he thinks Mourinho's achievements pale in comparison to that of Guardiola.

"If Guardiola is Mozart, Mourinho is [italian composer Antonio] Salieri. He would be a great musician if there were no Mozart," he added.

Ouch.