The Mourinho Thread

Contrary to the popular belief, Dortmund sort of play the type of football Jose's trying to implement here I believe.

Partly I would say. Mourinho is still a pragmatic and conservative fella whichever way you look at it.

And isn't it more accurate to say that Dortmund are playing Mourinho's type of football considering Klopp only established it there a few years ago? :P

Partly I would say. Mourinho is still a pragmatic and conservative fella whichever way you look at it.

And isn't it more accurate to say that Dortmund are playing Mourinho's type of football considering Klopp only established it there a few years ago? :P

Haha well, we haven't fully established our style yet but it's definitely fully taking shape this season, hence why I said it that way around.

Haha well, we haven't fully established our style yet but it's definitely fully taking shape this season, hence why I said it that way around.

But the style isn't necessarily a new thing from Mourinho anyway. If anything, he's just tweaking a bit here and there from his usual counter attacking approach.

But the style isn't necessarily a new thing from Mourinho anyway. If anything, he's just tweaking a bit here and there from his usual counter attacking approach.

I agree, but are our players fully accustomed to the system like Dortmund's players are? Doubt it very much. Was speaking from that view point.

I agree, but are our players fully accustomed to the system like Dortmund's players are? Doubt it very much. Was speaking from that view point.

If so, I do hope that we won't be as gung-ho and defensively loose as Dortmund can be. Would get heart attack in every game otherwise. That Everton game was bad enough!

If so, I do hope that we won't be as gung-ho and defensively loose as Dortmund can be. Would get heart attack in every game otherwise. That Everton game was bad enough!

Haha I agree. With Jose as manager it'll definitely be a more balanced version though, but naturally we'll see a lot more high scoring games than last season because of the profile of the squad now after some great attacking additions.

As good as Klopp is, I think Simeone is the type of manager players are willing to die for so I'd say him. Then again I don't think he speaks English so his motivational abilities would probably be quite limited here lol

The Dortmund players would die for Klopp too TBH. You can see that he has a very strong relationship with his players as well. It's just that he galvanizes them in a slightly different way compared to Simeone.

I just cannot stress it often enough: even if we win nothing this season again (!), Roman mustn't pull the trigger. Mourinho must stay at all costs, an evolution is visible. Wenger can't identify and fix weaknesses of his Team in 100 years, Mourinho did in one transfer period

And quite honestly: If Mourinho left, a big part of my passion for Chelsea would die.

I just cannot stress it often enough: even if we win nothing this season again (!), Roman mustn't pull the trigger. Mourinho must stay at all costs, an evolution is visible. Wenger can't identify and fix weaknesses of his Team in 100 years, Mourinho did in one transfer period

And quite honestly: If Mourinho left, a big part of my passion for Chelsea would die.

agree with everything but the bold part. Edit that part out of your post; then you can see me about giving you a 'like'