The Mourinho Thread

Agreed. I think we should make Brana 3rd choice... That is about the only thing I see that will piss him off enough to say he's had enough.

In an ideal world we threaten him with the Malouda treatment and if he doesn't go actually go through with it, and in the mean time find an good foil for Costa.

Never really liked what they did with Malouda, Alex and Anelka. I think that sort of treatment has a knock on effect in the locker room... AVB lost the room when he did that.

Don't think it was AVB at all: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2203372/Florent-Malouda-snub-backed-Chelsea-players-says-Roberto-Di-Matteo.html

BTW, I did. Clubs like any employer have the leverage to choose who they want to employ. Malouda was getting paid as usual. If he was unhappy with the way the club was using him, he was welcome to leave, but he chose to stay playing with the U21 and collecting his fat paycheck every other week.

Just watch the Burnley game one more time (livefootballvideo) and pay attention to

1) Cesc, Matic and Oscar's movement.

2) Eden, Schurrle, Diego Costa's movement.

Look at Cesc, Matic and Oscar how close they are to each other. They are moving "in a triangle" every single time. Cesc is on the right hand side, so is Matic and Oscar. Matic is on the left hand side, so is Cesc and Oscar. Cesc is close to the back four line, so is Matic and Oscar. It's the same triangle Guardiola was talking about when he was in charge at Barcelona (Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio). No playmaker, only three midfielders staying close to each other and distributing the ball to the strikers.

Then it's Andre acting like a pure winger, always looking to make those beautiful runs in behind the defenders and Eden with a more of a free role (winger and playmaker at times), while Costa is the deep lying forward. An important aspect you will see about him is that he always looks to drag defenders out wide and make room for others to attack the spaces.

It is obvious that Jose has changed his approach and I think he will take more risks from now on, especially at the Bridge and especially against the smaller sides. The way Chelsea played against Burnley resembles a bit with the way Barcelona was playing in the Guardiola era, bar the high line. It was the same movement, the same passing style, the same pressing high up the pitch, the same triangle between the three midfielders and the same approach when it came to build from the back. No wonder there was 24 or 25 consecutive passes before the 2nd goal.

I, for one, like what I saw against Burnley and hopefully Jose will stick to the same approach in the next games, too. There is no point in playing a counter attacking game week-in, week-out when you have players like Cesc, Matic, Oscar, Eden, Andre, Diego Costa (Filipe also) that are comfortable enough on the ball and can keep the posession for how long you want. If Jose can find a balance between this beautiful approach Chelsea had against Burnley and a solid defence, I think we can be in for a great season.

I hope he plays them together in that same first half system for three consecutive matches. That way the team chemistry will be higher and it becomes natural to them even under pressure.

We can always use a different tactic for the big games as Jose is an expert at that, but we need to maintain that firsthalf style for more matches till our attacking becomes too fluent for parked buses to stop.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x240k17_mourinho-a-lot-of-good-things_sport

Mourinho interview after the Burnley match, like the fact that he says he wants us to continue playing this type of football.

Glad to hear that Mourinho did not intend for the intensity to die out in the 2nd half...looks like he wants to keep the floodgates open for as long as possible.

Could very well mean that there are quite a bit of entertaining games ahead

Glad to hear that Mourinho did not intend for the intensity to die out in the 2nd half...looks like he wants to keep the floodgates open for as long as possible.

Could very well mean that there are quite a bit of entertaining games ahead

TBF, the performance against Burnley was quite similar to the one we had against Hull at the Bridge last season. And Mourinho's comments after the game was very similar, if not identical to this post-Burnley one. Doesn't really mean much IMO.