The Mourinho Thread

It´s meaningless from Chelsea´s point of view.

We win and we are in the title race. Maybe out of our hands but it is possible. How is it meaningless from our point of view? We win, the pressure is on City and Liverpool who have tough fixtures remaining.

We win and we are in the title race. Maybe out of our hands but it is possible. How is it meaningless from our point of view? We win, the pressure is on City and Liverpool who have tough fixtures remaining.

You are not very good in your math. Try again.

To expect Liverpoops or Citeh to drop points is not worth to jeopardize Chelsea´s chances to win the CL.

Since Wednesday game is much more important, then Jose is correct to field B team on Sunday.

Liverpool doesn't have tough fixtures remaining...

Crystal Palace (A) and Newcastle at Anfield is hardly difficult for a team capable of outscoring anyone in the league at the moment..

You are not very good in your math. Try again.

To expect Liverpoops or Citeh to drop points is not worth to jeopardize Chelsea´s chances to win the CL.

Since Wednesday game is much more important, then Jose is correct to field B team on Sunday.

Well bushman or 'dumbman' as I will refer to you as we still have a chance. I would rather us challenge for the league then throw it away. Like I said the PL has shown anything is possible. What if we do win that game then go on to win the league. Or perhaps lose the game then see Liverpool and City drop points. We would regret playing a weakened team. I think it is possible that City drop points. Less possible than Liverpool however I still think they go to to go to Palace at 8pm on Monday night iirc. By that time they may be 2nd or 3rd if things go our way. Pressure hopefully will get to them.

I think you are the one who needs more maths lessons. If we have a chance of winning it that is mathmetically possible. Regardless of whether we have to rely on other teams it is mathemtically possible. Idiot.

Liverpool doesn't have tough fixtures remaining...

Crystal Palace (A) and Newcastle at Anfield is hardly difficult for a team capable of outscoring anyone in the league at the moment..

Palace has proved to be difficult for many teams. City were outsocring most teams before. Now would you have predicted them to batter Sunderland? I would of but no. A team who was last in the league nearly got 3 points there. Until the last day anything is possible. I will always keep believing.

Well bushman or 'dumbman' as I will refer to you as we still have a chance. I would rather us challenge for the league then throw it away. Like I said the PL has shown anything is possible. What if we do win that game then go on to win the league. Or perhaps lose the game then see Liverpool and City drop points. We would regret playing a weakened team. I think it is possible that City drop points. Less possible than Liverpool however I still think they go to to go to Palace at 8pm on Monday night iirc. By that time they may be 2nd or 3rd if things go our way. Pressure hopefully will get to them.

I think you are the one who needs more maths lessons. If we have a chance of winning it that is mathmetically possible. Regardless of whether we have to rely on other teams it is mathemtically possible. Idiot.

Palace has proved to be difficult for many teams. City were outsocring most teams before. Now would you have predicted them to batter Sunderland? I would of but no. A team who was last in the league nearly got 3 points there. Until the last day anything is possible. I will always keep believing.

Well, let me educate you on a few things. First of all, do not insult me, otherwise you may just fuck off.

Secondly, I have my opinion you have yours. That´s the end of our discussion here.

Well, let me educate you on a few things. First of all, do not insult me, otherwise you may just fuck off.

Secondly, I have my opinion you have yours. That´s the end of our discussion here.

If you use your brain maybe you would realise that if you want be be treated a certain way then you should treat other people the same way. Don't talk to me like that: "you are not very good in your math". I find that rather rude. If you find that is a decent way of speaking to people in life I feel sorry for you then. I have noticed it with a lot of people on this forum. You seem to try and belittle them when you talk. So like I said treat people the way you wish to be treated.

Comprende?

No, it isn't the same. Real did that against a possession based, tiki-taka side in Bayern Munich, everyone knows that you sit deep and counter against a Pep side. Real were brilliant on the counter, committing 4/5 men forward. Us on the other hand whenever we did get the chance to counter only committed about 2 men forward. Plus, Atletico Madrid don't even play a possession based game.

IMO (which I know I might get blasted for by some on here) we showed AM a bit too much respect. The line up we sent out there was okay, the defensive strategy we employed was impressive but we were horrible going forward on the counter. There's no denying that we could've been a lot more adventurous going forward on Tuesday night.

We didn't need to play "attractive football" (whatever your definition of that is) but we were far too conservative I think.

I hope you and everyone that liked your post will understand that this comparison does not make sense. Bayern has a ball possession based game (unlike Atlético), despite defending for most part of the game, Real still were VERY dangerous in the counter, while we barely really created any chances. Real had 9 attempts, 7 on target (Neuer made some good defenses while Curtois was only a passenger), while we had 5 attempts and 3 on target.

Its pretty hard to imagine Real having the same tactics facing Atletico.

I get what you guys are saying but my point is Madrid were overmatched. Simply put: in an open game of football Bayern are comfortably better and would win because of their superior ability. There aren't many teams Madrid will play like that against. Why that's relevant to us is we're lower in the food-chain and will have to play like that against more teams than Madrid will need too.

Let's not kid ourselves and overrate our players; in this moment in time Atletico Madrid are to Chelsea what Bayern are to Madrid. They are comfortably better and we need to play against them in a way that allows us to compete.

The only difference between Madrid and Chelsea's game plan is they have Ronaldo, Benzema and Di Maria to make better use of their limited possession.

If you use your brain maybe you would realise that if you want be be treated a certain way then you should treat other people the same way. Don't talk to me like that: "you are not very good in your math". I find that rather rude. If you find that is a decent way of speaking to people in life I feel sorry for you then. I have noticed it with a lot of people on this forum. You seem to try and belittle them when you talk. So like I said treat people the way you wish to be treated.

Comprende?

Just put him on the ignore list, most on the forum have.

Comprende?

Since you are clueless in math, I had no alternatives, but...

Whatever, you noticed, it´s irrelevant to me. Just hit the road.

Since you are clueless in math, I had no alternatives, but...

Whatever, you noticed, it´s irrelevant to me. Just hit the road.

Yeah, it was clear who the hypocrite was. Like I said, idiot ;)

I get what you guys are saying but my point is Madrid were overmatched. Simply put: in an open game of football Bayern are comfortably better and would win because of their superior ability. There aren't many teams Madrid will play like that against. Why that's relevant to us is we're lower in the food-chain and will have to play like that against more teams than Madrid will need too.

Let's not kid ourselves and overrate our players; in this moment in time Atletico Madrid are to Chelsea what Bayern are to Madrid. They are comfortably better and we need to play against them in a way that allows us to compete.

The only difference between Madrid and Chelsea's game plan is they have Ronaldo, Benzema and Di Maria to make better use of their limited possession.

Except Atletico aren't a possession based side, so you can't really compare them to Bayern in my opinion. Whilst Real's style of football and players they have at their disposal is a great match up against Bayern's style of football (so do ours but to a lesser extent obviously, providing we implement the right game plan), you can't say the same about Atletico in regards to their comparison to Bayern, who are just as uncomfortable in possession as we are from what I've seen from them.

Of course because Real have those players at disposal they can play on the counter more comfortably, I mean they are obviously the best counter attacking team in the world, we on the other hand didn't even really attempt a true counter attack in the game though even though we are capable of it and have shown that we can be devastating i.e. against City. To me, there is a notable difference between counter attacking and merely parking the bus. Real did the former, we did the latter, against a side that isn't even good in possession. I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot but in my opinion it was far too conservative and we aren't that inferior to Atletico; we showed them too much respect in that regards even though we had a few players out; in fact we aren't inferior at all when we have our full squad available, we're slightly better because of the effect an on form Hazard can have on a game.

Except Atletico aren't a possession based side, so you can't really compare them to Bayern in my opinion. Whilst Real's style of football and players they have at their disposal is a great match up against Bayern's style of football (so do ours but to a lesser extent obviously, providing we implement the right game plan), you can't say the same about Atletico in regards to their comparison to Bayern, who are just as uncomfortable in possession as we are from what I've seen from them.

Of course because Real have those players at disposal they can play on the counter more comfortably, I mean they are obviously the best counter attacking team in the world, we on the other hand didn't even really attempt a true counter attack in the game though even though we are capable of it and have shown that we can be devastating i.e. against City. To me, there is a notable difference between counter attacking and merely parking the bus. Real did the former, we did the latter, against a side that isn't even good in possession. I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot but in my opinion it was far too conservative and we aren't that inferior to Atletico; we showed them too much respect in that regards even though we had a few players out; in fact we aren't inferior at all when we have our full squad available, we're slightly better because of the effect an on form Hazard can have on a game.

If we had everybody available and in good form I think we're a hell of a lot closer to them.

Fair enough we were far more conservative than Madrid, but we didn't have the attacking ability on the night to be more of a threat on the counter. If Eto'o, Hazard are available and Willian can play through the middle then I think we will pose far more of a threat.

Don't get me confused guys, I hate that we can't go toe to toe with these teams and have to park the bus but we're just not that good no matter how much we've spent.

I'm really confident, I always am on big nights when we know what we have to do. The Jose factor, our attitude and the crowd being right behind the team tells me it will be our night.

I am too. I'd give us a chance against anyone in the world at the bridge. That said, I do think you always need a few things to go your way to win a CL semifinal.

We still can finish 5th by the way.

No, way. Chelsea will field B team on Sunday. Gears all energy for Wednesday & the two remaining games in the PL.

After Wednesday, the schedule is acceptable & Chelsea will be in the CL for next season.

I am too. I'd give us a chance against anyone in the world at the bridge. That said, I do think you always need a few things to go your way to win a CL semifinal.

Ref, Ref and Ref. That for me is more worrying than Atletico.