The Mourinho Thread

Mourinho is lightyears ahead of Carlo, lightyears..

Ancelotti underachieved in italy, he should have won far more with (which was) one of the best Milan sides in history. And although the 09/10 season was fun and we beat the top teams, he still 'barely' managed to scrape us the title that year. He knows how to keep the stars happy, but he's nowhere near Jose on any level.

I think you're trying to make a comparison between the best and the very best.

The league title has been close anyway for a few years.

Jose might even scrape it this time with us. I think the days were teams dominated the league and won by a clear margin is long gone.

I'm not saying that Carlo is better than Jose. In fact, with a little bit of bias, I would say Jose is the best there has ever been. Carlo may not Jose's level but he knows how to win if his plan A works.

I think you're trying to make a comparison between the best and the very best.

The league title has been close anyway for a few years.

Jose might even scrape it this time with us. I think the days were teams dominated the league and won by a clear margin is long gone.

I'm not saying that Carlo is better than Jose. In fact, with a little bit of bias, I would say Jose is the best there has ever been. Carlo may not Jose's level but he knows how to win if his plan A works.

Carlo is a decent and 'safe' option as a coach for a club, good image, good PR, his USP is keeping the egos at bay.

Carlo's Milan side was better than that Chelsea team Jose had; everyone in their prime, Nesta, Sheva, Kaka, Pirlo... one of the best sides in modern football history, let alone Milan's history, and Ancelotti underachieved.. big time.

tqsQbqk.jpg

Carlo is a decent and 'safe' option as a coach for a club, good image, good PR, his USP is keeping the egos at bay.

Carlo's Milan side was better than that Chelsea team Jose had; everyone in their prime, Nesta, Sheva, Kaka, Pirlo... one of the best sides in modern football history, let alone Milan's history, and Ancelotti underachieved.. big time.

tqsQbqk.jpg

Very good side indeed and I agree with you up to a certain extent on him underachieving but there were loads of decent sides that have under achieved too.

No..

Carlo's Milan & Pep's Barca are the two best sides of the millennial generation. Better than anything Mourinho's had his hands on, Milan only won 1 Serie A title under Ancelotti, now that's shocking.

If we're talking individual players there is no doubt that this team is one of the best:

formation.png

Yet 'underachievers'!

If we're talking individual players there is no doubt that this team is one of the best:

formation.png

Yet 'underachievers'!

No, I'm not talking about individual players or David Beckham's 'galactico' era at Real. I'm talking about when Carlo had the best team in world football and consistently failed with them domestically.

Ancelotti is in the game since 1995 and he has won only 3 league titles. One PL (85 pts only), one Serie A, one Ligue 1 and he managed some amazing squad like Parma in 96-98 (players like Buffon, Crespo, Thuram, Zola for the beginning of 96-97, Cannavaro), Juventus in 99-01 ( Zidane, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Davids, Trezeguet,...), at Milan AC he won two CL so no problem. I think he could have done better with us too.

Mourinho is a much better manager, just too bad that he lost a lot of CL Semis.

Ancelotti is in the game since 1995 and he has won only 3 league titles. One PL (85 pts only), one Serie A, one Ligue 1 and he managed some amazing squad like Parma in 96-98 (players like Buffon, Crespo, Thuram, Zola for the beginning of 96-97, Cannavaro), Juventus in 99-01 ( Zidane, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Davids, Trezeguet,...), at Milan AC he won two CL so no problem. I think he could have done better with us too.

Mourinho is a much better manager, just too bad that he lost a lot of CL Semis.

Got robed a few times too.

formation.png

Yet 'underachievers'!

Technically, that Madrid squad didn't underachieve when you take into consideration certain things. Florentino Perez's incompetence was responsible for its failure. He sold the team's most important player Makelele claiming he was a mediocre player. The moment Makelele was gone, the results were catastrophic. Then he refused to listen to the managers' pleas to buy better defenders because "defenders didn't sell shirts" and instead, preferred to sack manager after manager for bad results. Also, he could have bought Ronaldinho but instead went for Beckham because "Ronaldinho was too ugly to market" LOL.

If Real Madrid didn't have a brainless president at that time, that squad would have dominated Europe completely. Makelele was the best defensive midfielder of all time, Roberto Carlos the best left back of all time, Zidane, for many, the best player of all time, Ronaldo one of the best strikers of all time, then Raul, Figo and Beckham... Such a waste...

he definitely is not immortal but he is untouchable.

Even if we don't go thru to the cl final and/or win the PL, mou has still been great this season. The fact that we have not lost to any of manc, manu, pool, arse, spurs is prove of that. A decent striker and we would have been out of sight by now in the league.

Untouchable? Didn't he fail miserably at Real Madrid? This season hasn't been as great as you claim it is. A club that spends a huge amount of cash each summer is bound to have improvement eventually. Just like in 12/13 we did better than 11/12 in the league, this season we're doing better than 12/13 in the League. There's BOUND to be improvement. If you want to see real improvement look what Rodgers has done. This is a club that was 7th last year and has ended up top of the table. A team that hasn't seen Champions League football for ages. That's improvement! Moreover, he's done it by spending half the money Chelsea and City have this season in the transfer market. Not just has he improved the team but they are winning AND playing good football.

Then you might disagree with that by saying we have sold many players too but even after you deduct Transfer Revenues from players bought, they are still half of us and almost 4 times less than City. A striker will convert chances but there are so many games such as Swansea where against 10 MEN we struggled to create decent chances. A game where so many people here were so confidently saying we'd thrash Swansea.

Carlo is in the category of good manager, along with the likes off Rafa, Scolari, Wenger.

Mourinho, Fergie and Pep are special managers.

Didn't u say at the beginning of the season with great confidence that Madrid would miserably fail and be MUCH worse than Mourinho last season? Ancelotti's already done a much better job. And he's encouraged youth players like Jese, Casemiro etc.

@, Carlo didn't have the best team in the world individually between 2001 and 2006, he didn't even have the best team in Italy since that was Juve. But his team probably did underachieve in the Serie A, but he did pretty well in the CL. Even if he did have the best team in the world the second time he won it, he still had to win it.

His record with the best team in world football in their own league is embarrassing quite frankly. I was an avid fan of italian football at the time too. So yes.. there is 'a problem'. :rolleyes:

The thing is that the same thing is said of Mourinho at Real Madrid....Benitez was the one who said that Mourinho had the best team in Europe and did not do much.

Which for me I don't agree in both counts.

In the Carlo embarrassment at Italy, and Mourinho recent performance at Real Madrid.

It's like at Chelsea with Mourinho, we had success at the leagues, but bad in the CL.

Likewise Carlo, success in the CL stage and not much in the Serie A.

Doesn't mean they are bad managers just that things went well for them in different competitions.

Didn't u say at the beginning of the season with great confidence that Madrid would miserably fail and be MUCH worse than Mourinho last season? Ancelotti's already done a much better job. And he's encouraged youth players like Jese, Casemiro etc.

Jose brought out Varane. He also gave Casemiro his debut. For all we know he could be playing this season if Jose was the manager and was facing injury problems that Carlo has faced. Are we forgetting that? In his own words about Jese :

"We play with a different system, they have another model.

There are Castilla players that play in positions that do not exist in the first team, like Jese Rodriguez, who plays as a ‘nine and a half’. "

Jese would have struggled anyway to make it through, but eventually would have.

Carlo's also having it easy not because he's done an immense job. He's been decent but its also due to Barcelona's failing, largely due to Mourinho's prescence in Madrid.

Jose brought out Varane. He also gave Casemiro his debut. For all we know he could be playing this season if Jose was the manager and was facing injury problems that Carlo has faced. Are we forgetting that? In his own words about Jese :

"We play with a different system, they have another model.

There are Castilla players that play in positions that do not exist in the first team, like Jese Rodriguez, who plays as a ‘nine and a half’. "

Jese would have struggled anyway to make it through, but eventually would have.

Carlo's also having it easy not because he's done an immense job. He's been decent but its also due to Barcelona's failing, largely due to Mourinho's prescence in Madrid.

This is just so cringe worthy to read.

Then we should say Mourinho had it easy at Chelsea because Raniere made it easier for him.

That Mourinho had it easy at Inter because Mancini made it easy for him.....

Really this is just an ignorant point of view and putting down someone current work to make the past manager look better.

This is just so cringe worthy to read.

Then we should say Mourinho had it easy at Chelsea because Raniere made it easier for him.

That Mourinho had it easy at Inter because Mancini made it easy for him.....

Really this is just an ignorant point of view and putting down someone current work to make the past manager look better.

Ranieri didn't make it easier for him. Weren't United still going very strong? Mancini might have done decent too but Jose did the treble, so that's nullified too, I've said that Carlo's done decent and not that it's completely because of Mourinho that Real are still being rather successful ( wouldn't be if they lost the title and got knocked out off Europe). That would be stupid of me. I've not discredited him off his work.

I've just said that it is much easier for him. The truth. Jose had to face Pep Guardiola and a rising Atletico Madrid.

Ranieri didn't make it easier for him. Weren't United still going very strong? Mancini might have done decent too but Jose did the treble, so that's nullified too, I've said that Carlo's done decent and not that it's completely because of Mourinho that Real are still being rather successful ( wouldn't be if they lost the title and got knocked out off Europe). That would be stupid of me. I've not discredited him off his work.

I've just said that it is much easier for him. The truth. Jose had to face Pep Guardiola and a rising Atletico Madrid.

United wasn't strong. It was arsenal.

Ranieri bought a core of players that mourinho used to get the best out of them.

So if you use that same analogy then Ranieri made it easier for mourinho in building a base......

Likewise at Inter there was no real competition as serie a was at a weak state......

Your view lacks seems to me.