The Mourinho Thread

What? It is a fact. Jose is a great tactician and manager like many have already said but no need to exaggerate unimportant facts to make him seem even more legendary. Then now if we don't win anything this season people will start to point toward these things to back up their claims that we didn't fail this season.

Yeah cause not winning trophies is a failure. Took you long enough to come out of your cave after the victory.

What? It is a fact. Jose is a great tactician and manager like many have already said but no need to exaggerate unimportant facts to make him seem even more legendary. Then now if we don't win anything this season people will start to point toward these things to back up their claims that we didn't fail this season.

I believe up till now 4 people only voted that it is a failure. You are one of them :)

The thing is, with the forums, a lot of people lost their USP's when Mourinho returned, if your identity as a fan is to criticise the manager(s). The fuck are people gonna do when the striker problem has been sorted out..

People need to vent, might have to bring Kalou back.. I need my fix.

^^^ Knew it, anything, anything at all slightly negative about Jose= glory hunter, troll and abuse or 'insert insulting, hating word here'. Just typical really haha, he is really God on here isn't he. Go on, justify that this season is a success if we don't anything, I mean we got to semi of CL right? We come close right? And if we finish 3rd again we would also make progress in the league because we 'briefly' lead the table at some point, that is success too isn't it?

^^^ Knew it, anything, anything at all slightly negative about Jose= glory hunter, troll and abuse or 'insert insulting, hating word here'. Just typical really haha, he is really God on here isn't he. Go on, justify that this season is a success if we don't anything, I mean we got to semi of CL right? We come close right? And if we finish 3rd again we would also make progress in the league because we 'briefly' lead the table at some point, that is success too isn't it?

You're not slightly negative. You choose not to celebrate a historic win by belittling the master-mind behind it. Letting us know that what happened on Wednesday isn't special cause there's another manager who's done the same. That is called trolling, sorry to say it.

He isn't God. Too many people he's probably more than god, I can vouch for that. However there has been more of an objective criticism of him lately, justified enough. What you're doing however, is not that. Success is making transition and developing your ideology after a few dismal seasons. Baby steps. If you want silverware right away and fuel negativity when it doesn't happen, then people could call you a glory hunter too.

You're not slightly negative. You choose not to celebrate a historic win by belittling the master-mind behind it. Letting us know that what happened on Wednesday isn't special cause there's another manager who's done the same. That is called trolling, sorry to say it.

He isn't God. Too many people he's probably more than god, I can vouch for that. However there has been more of an objective criticism of him lately, justified enough. What you're doing however, is not that. Success is making transition and developing your ideology after a few dismal seasons. Baby steps. If you want silverware right away and fuel negativity when it doesn't happen, then people could call you a glory hunter too.

Where did I mention anything about yesterday result, it was a miracle and should be celebrated! I just said Jose reached 5 semi, Pep also done the same and people start to get mad. Funny yesterday I said I think Simione is currently the best manager in the world no one argues.

Transition=buying the players you want to fit your system and selling the ones you don't need I understand that, but why Jose deserves transition? the days of us relying on the manager is over, that is why we have football director in place so when the manager goes, new one can slot in straight away. 'few dismal seasons' HAHAA at this club? Dude we are not Spurs or Arsenal, we don't have 'a few dismal season'. What is the point of buying the likes of Matic, Willian, Hazard just to make progress eventually?

They are bought to help us compete at the highest level which means consistently reaching semi of CL at least. Naaa I am happy too if it is just this season trophy less and the team show great progress but we can have ambitions and expectations. We can't just lower it just to help whoever the manager is to avoid criticism. If it was Pep, Ancelotti here now I would be saying the same. This team's minimum expectations are challenging for title until the very end and reaching later stages of CL, Jose so far done OK with fulfilling it but nothing ground breaking yet like his Inter or us in 05.

Where did I mention anything about yesterday result, it was a miracle and should be celebrated! I just said Jose reached 5 semi, Pep also done the same and people start to get mad. Funny yesterday I said I think Simione is currently the best manager in the world no one argues.

Transition=buying the players you want to fit your system and selling the ones you don't need I understand that, but why Jose deserves transition? the days of us relying on the manager is over, that is why we have football director in place so when the manager goes, new one can slot in straight away. 'few dismal seasons' HAHAA at this club? Dude we are not Spurs or Arsenal, we don't have 'a few dismal season'. What is the point of buying the likes of Matic, Willian, Hazard just to make progress eventually?

They are bought to help us compete at the highest level which means consistently reaching semi of CL at least. Naaa I am happy too if it is just this season trophy less and the team show great progress but we can have ambitions and expectations. We can't just lower it just to help whoever the manager is to avoid criticism. If it was Pep, Ancelotti here now I would be saying the same. This team's minimum expectations are challenging for title until the very end and reaching later stages of CL, Jose so far done OK with fulfilling it but nothing ground breaking yet like his Inter or us in 05.

Let me sum it up for you in simple sentences :

Jose 1st time = Drogba

Jose Inter = Eto'o

Jose Real = Ronaldo / Benzema

Do you see the correlation? Previous teams had GREAT Strikers - we have NONE! Hence why this season is a SUCCESS - add in a proper Striker and we will be competing for honours!!!

For now - I'm just enjoying being the only English club still in the CL - especially as we weren't last season!!!

Jose 1st time = Drogba

Jose Inter = Eto'o

Do you see the correlation? Previous teams had GREAT Strikers - we have NONE! Hence why this season is a SUCCESS - add in a proper Striker and we will be competing for honours!!!

For now - I'm just enjoying being the only English club still in the CL - especially as we weren't last season!!!

AH yeah if you look at it that way I guess but tbf we had the chance to sign strikers last summer but rejected it. But lets hope we make the most of the last period the season and be truly successful

AH yeah if you look at it that way I guess but tbf we had the chance to sign strikers last summer but rejected it. But lets hope we make the most of the last period the season and be truly successful

Yeah the summer for Strikers was a bit of a failure - but in a way it's helped the other team members step up.

United relied on Van Persie last season. He's been injured most of this season and look how shit they are now. A great striker can cover many deficiencies

Also the French clubs priced everybody out of the market last summer... We can't afford another £50million flop

I hope we sign at least 1 decent Striker in the summer and clear out some of the dead wood in the squad (cash in) to fund it

Luke Shaw + Striker + Modric type player and we could really start to dominate!

Jose 1st time = Drogba

Jose Inter = Eto'o

Not to mention Milito, and Ibra...the thing that Argentine doesn't get is that you need the right type of striker for the right system of midfield. If Mourinho was solely at fault, why didn't we have golden-boot winning strikers when AVB and RDM were here?

We have an existing midfield that is not suited to the likes of Torres/Ba. Eto'o fits the midfield better, but at his age there's only so much he can do.