The Mourinho Thread

Of course I will I am just stating the facts, his been a failure so far IMO that does not make me any lesser of a fan becoz I am not on the Mou bandwagon. At the end of the day I care abt Chelsea's success as well as its failure whether its with Rafa Benetiz, Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant ot Carlo Ancelloti. I care abot Chelsea not about the manager

So your judging Jose on his first season back and we are not yet at the season end, but he's a failure?

:clap:

He's our manager, you should support him.

Of course I will I am just stating the facts, his been a failure so far IMO that does not make me any lesser of a fan becoz I am not on the Mou bandwagon. At the end of the day I care abt Chelsea's success as well as its failure whether its with Rafa Benetiz, Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant ot Carlo Ancelloti. I care abot Chelsea not about the manager

It's funny how you talk about all these managers because the problems at this club stem from chopping and changing managers and never sticking with one. A lot of us actually think we need to stick with one manager and give him a chance.

But if you think he's a failure then you want him gone surely. So who do you want to replace him with?

I think you're going a bit over the top. Regardless of whether we've won a trophy or not there's a better pattern emerging in the team. We're evolving one step at a time. We first had to get back our defense, then convert Stamford Bridge into a fortress like the olden days. We went 14 games unbeaten before the Crystal Palace game as stated before so there isn't much reason to blow things out of proportions. Jose needs time. The only 'failure' as you put it so far has been summer. That too we were terribly unlucky to miss out on a striker. However Jose largely compensated that by landing Matic.

You're going to get hate from people, and it's quite obvious. Jose came in at a time when we really needed someone fresh. He inspired, gave us hope and helped the fans connect with someone who wants to reach out to them. Jose's an expert in tribalism.

Not to forget that after what happened this summer, Jose will learn. He's rarely made the same mistake twice, rarely. He's going to dismantle the team come summer, and cover up the patches. With the priority obviously being a striker.

So your judging Jose on his first season back and we are not yet at the season end, but he's a failure?

:clap:

He's our manager, you should support him.

I never said I dont support him, he still has my full backing I am just of the opinion that his been a failure so far in his 1st season compared to what Pellagrini has done at City.

I never said I dont support him, he still has my full backing I am just of the opinion that his been a failure so far in his 1st season compared to what Pellagrini has done at City.

So you're backing a failure? Why are you supporting failure?

Pellegrini did well to assemble that spine of Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero so quickly didn't he. Should we get him in?

It's funny how you talk about all these managers because the problems at this club stem from chopping and changing managers and never sticking with one. A lot of us actually think we need to stick with one manager and give him a chance.

But if you think he's a failure then you want him gone surely. So who do you want to replace him with?

Stating that his been a failure does not mean I want him fired, what I want are improvements and results next season and beyond. Never once have I said we should fire him, I have just pointed things I think he has done wrong like loaning Lukaku out or not playing a single youth player all season. Baker was on for 2 minutes so dont give me that.

Pellegrini also was somewhat of a failure if you look at it. At Real he didn't really win anything. He said it out loud and clear - "It's no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don't have a pianist - Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won't be able to do it so well,"

At City he went out and bought Negredo, Navas , Fernandinho and Jovetic. The kind of players who fit perfectly into his philosophy, which made him quite successful during his time at Villarreal and Malaga too

So you're backing a failure? Why are you supporting failure?

Pellegrini did well to assemble that spine of Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero so quickly didn't he. Should we get him in?

So Jose did well to assemble the new spine of Oscar, Hazard, Cahill, Ivanovic and Ramires??

So Jose did well to assemble the new spine of Oscar, Hazard, Cahill, Ivanovic and Ramires??

No, but we have the beginnings of a spine in Cahill, Matic and Oscar. Plus you've got one of two world-class keepers, Azpi and Hazard and whomever we sign in the summer.

Teams aren't built in one season. Mourinho's first team here wasn't, Pellegrini's wasn't, Rodgers's wasn't.

Using words like 'failure' is ridiculous when the long-term goals are yet to be known. The target was ALWAYS next season, so you've only got yourself to blame for getting your hopes up.

Either way both Ancelotti and Roman are equally to blame. Ancelotti for identifying and choosing a deteriorating striker as his no 1 target and Roman for sanctioning the deal without enough relevant information and analyzing the situation thoroughly. You have to be thorough before investing such huge amount of money on anything.

And if they both had all the information, factored in his poor form and injury record, tactical and technical flexibility i.e does he fit well into the team and functional in different systems etc and still decided it was a good idea to spend the money on him then that would make the transfer even more farcical than it already is.

No, but we have the beginnings of a spine in Cahill, Matic and Oscar. Plus you've got one of two world-class keepers, Azpi and Hazard and whomever we sign in the summer.

Teams aren't built in one season. Mourinho's first team here wasn't, Pellegrini's wasn't, Rodgers's wasn't.

Using words like 'failure' is ridiculous when the long-term goals are yet to be known. The target was ALWAYS next season, so you've only got yourself to blame for getting your hopes up.

Lets be honest when the season started were u aiming for 2nd?? We all were aiming for the title since we thought mou was a better manager than Rafa I certainly thought city were weaker than us an still think so and thought we would win the league ahead of them let alone Liverpool

Lets be honest when the season started were u aiming for 2nd?? We all were aiming for the title since we thought mou was a better manager than Rafa I certainly thought city were weaker than us an still think so and thought we would win the league ahead of them let alone Liverpool

I don't think anyone thought we could win the League. most of us aimed for second and finishing in the top 4. City were and are the strongest in terms of squad.

I don't think anyone thought we could win the League. most of us aimed for second and finishing in the top 4. City were and are the strongest in terms of squad.

You are lying if I was to dig up some posts early on inthe season some pple were even confident of the treble

Maybe I didnt wrote clearly enough, but my point was that we need new LB.

I said that if we do buy new LB, but Mourinho decides to still play with Azpi on left and Iva on right, while benching that new LB, I will be pissed. Iva is no where near proper full back to stand behind Willian and Azpi should return to his right side.

As for Hazard, I only said that he produces most, while still returning back. I said that because people excuse Oscar's rare creativity due to all the tracking he makes. Oscar will have to be efficient in both defence and more importantly attack if he wants to remain in first 11. Gotze does both, surely Oscar can do it too.

My point was that you made your point about the fullbacks moments before I wanted to...

By the way we had the best Attacking 3 at the start of the season coupled with a decent defence. Our squad like for like was better than city at the start of the season except in the striker department

You are lying if I was to dig up some posts early on inthe season some pple were even confident of the treble

That would be sheer delusion. When Jose joined and we were done with our summer tour, most of the sane ones at-least knew that the season wasn't going to be easy. Jose prioritized progression and development over silver-ware. As the season went on we realized we could actually have a go at home soil. However things did go a bit downhill . I don't think many people were confident of a "treble", that would be even more stupid than expecting silverware while transitioning.

Either way both Ancelotti and Roman are equally to blame. Ancelotti for identifying and choosing a deteriorating striker as his no 1 option and Roman for sanctioning the deal without enough relevant information and analyzing the situation thoroughly. You have to be thorough before investing such huge amount of money on anything.

And if they both had all the information, factored in his poor form and injury record, tactical and technical flexibility i.e does he fit well into the team and functional in different systems etc and still decided it was a good idea to spend the money on him then that would make the transfer even more farcical than it already is.

Doubt he had much say in it. Torres was called a Roman buy and he proved by lasting this long in the blue shirt. That also partly our scout's faults too. Too closed minded and for some reason thinking Aguero isn't worth all that or Suarez was looking to leave Ajax, but we needed a 'wow' signing and who at the time were better than Torres...