The Mourinho Thread

Not necessarily about yesterday's match, which I did not see (it was being held hostage by some PPV here in the US), but I am worried about the team. There are way too many players in really poor form. Some look tired as played too many matches perhaps?! Jose should have rotated more even if to use players he dislikes, because that's what he's got until summer.

Now I hear Jose berating players in public... that's NEVER good! It works on very few occasions, but once it becomes the norm, players lose confidence as they don't feel supported by the manager. That's what happened in Madrid.

It's not the time to kick the bucket just yet, as we still need to finish top 3!

Not necessarily about yesterday's match, which I did not see (it was being held hostage by some PPV here in the US), but I am worried about the team. There are way too many players in really poor form. Some look tired as played too many matches perhaps?! Jose should have rotated more even if to use players he dislikes, because that's what he's got until summer.

Now I hear Jose berating players in public... that's NEVER good! It works on very few occasions, but once it becomes the norm, players lose confidence as they don't feel supported by the manager. That's what happened in Madrid.

It's not the time to kick the bucket just yet, as we still need to finish top 3!

I was just about to say this. A lot of our players have regressed/stagnated this season and they are regressing at the wrong time.

It's quite worrying how Oscar, Luiz, Ramires and even Ba, Mikel and Fraud Torres have completely stagnated or declined as players this season, especially the former three. If those three were in good form at this time of the season we'd easily still be amongst the favourites for the title and also would've played a lot better yesterday.

It's a shame, especially in regards to the former three, because I felt they'd all grow even more this season but for some reason that just hasn't happened.

If we get new LB and Mou keeps Azpi on LB and Ivan on RB, well fuck off. The sole reason Mou is using defenders ahead of attackers is to get positive result. And he is not doing it lately, while still using limited defenders.

What I miss in Mou is his will to win. He always went on thin win, but this season he doesnt bother if we lose...when he got that team in 2004, he had spark with most players. Now, we just pretend he will have that same spark with Willian, Oscar, Luiz...

Old generation of Ballack, Lamps, Terry, Makelele understood him and his defensive tactics and they got results. Nowdays these players like Hazard want to play possession football.

I dunno, hope it will work out well

There's a lot that could be done but none of it that easily

If we get new LB and Mou keeps Azpi on LB and Ivan on RB, well fuck off. The sole reason Mou is using defenders ahead of attackers is to get positive result. And he is not doing it lately, while still using limited defenders.

What I miss in Mou is his will to win. He always went on thin win, but this season he doesnt bother if we lose...when he got that team in 2004, he had spark with most players. Now, we just pretend he will have that same spark with Willian, Oscar, Luiz...

Old generation of Ballack, Lamps, Terry, Makelele understood him and his defensive tactics and they got results. Nowdays these players like Hazard want to play possession football.

I dunno, hope it will work out well

BlueLyon, I literally came here to talk about how we set up or full backs. If there is one problem I have it is this and how Ivanovic cannot give enough to play RB, he's too slow. I think if Hazard-Oscar-Willian had longer legs and were better runners they would manage all that space but they are not and they need the LB/RB to do the work near the center line so they can receive the ball further up the pitch. I hate seeing Hazard or Willian waiting for a ball at the center (or in our half) when they could be 20 or more yards or more into the other half. If we restrict the space Hazard-Oscar-Willian work in it also allows them to freely rotate flipping the opposition on it's head as they man marking goes to shit, that rotation can be a bit more taxing with all the space so Hazard has only been allowed to roam lately, you also said in another post somewhere that you think Hazard is ruined by tracking back, I have to disagree he hasn't done much of it in 2014.

There's a lot that could be done but none of it that easily

BlueLyon, I literally came here to talk about how we set up or full backs. If there is one problem I have it is this and how Ivanovic cannot give enough to play RB, he's too slow. I think if Hazard-Oscar-Willian had longer legs and were better runners they would manage all that space but they are not and they need the LB/RB to do the work near the center line so they can receive the ball further up the pitch. I hate seeing Hazard or Willian waiting for a ball at the center (or in our half) when they could be 20 or more yards or more into the other half. If we restrict the space Hazard-Oscar-Willian work in it also allows them to freely rotate flipping the opposition on it's head as they man marking goes to shit, that rotation can be a bit more taxing with all the space so Hazard has only been allowed to roam lately, you also said in another post somewhere that you think Hazard is ruined by tracking back, I have to disagree he hasn't done much of it in 2014.

Maybe I didnt wrote clearly enough, but my point was that we need new LB.

I said that if we do buy new LB, but Mourinho decides to still play with Azpi on left and Iva on right, while benching that new LB, I will be pissed. Iva is no where near proper full back to stand behind Willian and Azpi should return to his right side.

As for Hazard, I only said that he produces most, while still returning back. I said that because people excuse Oscar's rare creativity due to all the tracking he makes. Oscar will have to be efficient in both defence and more importantly attack if he wants to remain in first 11. Gotze does both, surely Oscar can do it too.

Just get out of the thread you stupid troll. It's obvious in all your posts that you're not even a Chelsea fan. Jose has failed to achieve titles with this Chelsea team so far, but we have been the only ones capable of challenging City for the league and until now our run in the CL was quite respectable, as well as our performances against our domestic rivals. All of that despite all the faults in our squad.

While people are obviously frustrated, I don't believe anyone here will say Mourinho will still fail to achieve even if we fix the key positions we need to fix.

He did fail to fix SOME of all the issues with our squad in the summer, but obviously one thing is to make an analysis of the faults in the team you're watching play, another thing is to make an analysis of the faults in the team you're working with.

Like it or not, selling Mata and KDB were 2 of the best decisions Mourinho has done since rejoining Chelsea. KDB was a flop who had the work rate of a 60 year old and Mata has been at Manchester United a shadow of what he was at Chelsea.

I also feel disappointed that we didn't win the quadruple in Mourinho's first season back at Chelsea, but I still have faith in this Chelsea project.

He has spend close to the same amount of money city spend since he came and we seem to be far away from them, having a differnt opinion ndoes not making a any less of a fan than you, I am not a yesman like you that is why we have forums like TC to discuss our different views and opinions without insulting each other and last I checked I have never insulted anyone rather I have raised legitimate concerns which any fair minded fan would raise too. I liked Mata but I agreed tht it was better for our team if he wasnt sold although Oscar seems to want to test my patience every week. I am an advocate for youth development like most of my posts say, dont compare KDB at cfc becoz he was never given a fair chance, Mourinho has not fixed our scoring problems which we have had for 3 years now. He loaned out Lukaku which everyone in their right minds questioned when it happened.

He continues to play Ivanovic at rightback when we know his terrible there, that was the reason we bought Azp pple forget the old days when we where complaining abt not havin a proper rightback when Ivanovic was playing there in 2010 and Bosingwa was injured. Dont call me stupid for having a differnt view from you, if you dont agree with me thats okay but it doesnt give you the right to call me a fake fan because at the end of the day we both love Chelsea

He has spend close to the same amount of money city spend since he came and we seem to be far away from them, having a differnt opinion ndoes not making a any less of a fan than you, I am not a yesman like you that is why we have forums like TC to discuss our different views and opinions without insulting each other and last I checked I have never insulted anyone rather I have raised legitimate concerns which any fair minded fan would raise too. I liked Mata but I agreed tht it was better for our team if he wasnt sold although Oscar seems to want to test my patience every week. I am an advocate for youth development like most of my posts say, dont compare KDB at cfc becoz he was never given a fair chance, Mourinho has not fixed our scoring problems which we have had for 3 years now. He loaned out Lukaku which everyone in their right minds questioned when it happened.

He continues to play Ivanovic at rightback when we know his terrible there, that was the reason we bought Azp pple forget the old days when we where complaining abt not havin a proper rightback when Ivanovic was playing there in 2010 and Bosingwa was injured. Dont call me stupid for having a differnt view from you, if you dont agree with me thats okay but it doesnt give you the right to call me a fake fan because at the end of the day we both love Chelsea

So you won't be celebrating next time we win something?

Just sat at home in your Chelsea shirt kicking the wall with your bare feet.

I was just about to say this. A lot of our players have regressed/stagnated this season and they are regressing at the wrong time.

It's quite worrying how Oscar, Luiz, Ramires and even Ba, Mikel and Fraud Torres have completely stagnated or declined as players this season, especially the former three. If those three were in good form at this time of the season we'd easily still be amongst the favourites for the title and also would've played a lot better yesterday.

It's a shame, especially in regards to the former three, because I felt they'd all grow even more this season but for some reason that just hasn't happened.

Torres been at the same level since 2011, just because he scored a few tap ins every season like against City or Gala doesn't mean he has improved or declined. Mikel and Ba wasn't even that great last season anyway, Ba good start maybe but then eventually he was just like he is now. Luiz is noticeable while Oscar is the result o fatigue for me.

But overall yeah I agree

So you won't be celebrating next time we win something?

Just sat at home in your Chelsea shirt kicking the wall with your bare feet.

Of course I will I am just stating the facts, his been a failure so far IMO that does not make me any lesser of a fan becoz I am not on the Mou bandwagon. At the end of the day I care abt Chelsea's success as well as its failure whether its with Rafa Benetiz, Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant ot Carlo Ancelloti. I care abot Chelsea not about the manager

Of course I will I am just stating the facts, his been a failure so far IMO that does not make me any lesser of a fan becoz I am not on the Mou bandwagon. At the end of the day I care abt Chelsea's success as well as its failure whether its with Rafa Benetiz, Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant ot Carlo Ancelloti. I care abot Chelsea not about the manager

SPOT ON 10000000%. That is why selling Mata means nothing to me if we win CL/BPL this season. It is all about the club NOT ANY INDIVIDUAL. If selling Hazard means getting Cavani+Costa+Vidal/Pogba and win the league and making semi of CL? SO BE IT.