The Mourinho Thread

So who do you want instead of Mourinho? You're clearly done supporting him, so who is at the top of your list to replace him?

I think the problem is that Plan A is tough to get right without the right guys. The lack of a striker is becoming more obvious as the season goes on and when you're then missing your best midfielder on European nights then you're playing with your hands tied.

I am nowhere near done supporting Jose. If there is a manager I want to get it right at Chelsea it's him. I just wish he was more progressive and had better ideas than what he has shown so far.

Maybe he/the club needs to hire an attacking coordinator to work underneath him?

I am nowhere near done supporting Jose. If there is a manager I want to get it right at Chelsea it's him. I just wish he was more progressive and had better ideas than what he has shown so far.

Maybe he/the club needs to hire an attacking coordinator to work underneath him?

Before we start hiring attacking coordinators lets get some strikers in that know where the net is.

To be fair to Styles, he didn't want Mourinho in to begin with, I vividly remember that.

Personally I feel like today was more on the players, lacked passion or any effort in the final third in the second half - Mou tried to kill the tie off by bringing on a fraud "striker" but because we decided to stop our high press game in the second half (whether this was Mou's instructions or not I don't know, looked more like a lack of desire from the players) our whole game plan went out the window, and because there was a general lack of effort around the whole team we conceded two very bizarre and sloppy goals.

The only thing I like about the result is that we now have to go at them at The Bridge, which we should've done in the second half but there's nothing to lose now.

There is nothing to like about the result. PSG can now play with freedom in the second leg due to their two-goal cushion

The lack of squad depth is concerning, particularly in midfield where Ramires and Oscar have been well below par in recent games as well as the fact that Matic is unavailable for UCL

FFP ultimately benefits us so it makes sense for us to stick to the rules and we've done that quite effectively. Last night we came up against a team who have decided to not bother and it probably showed on the pitch, but I support the club trying to follow these rules and that means you have to take time to build a squad.

The problems aren't Mourinho's though. Torres costs us about £15 million per year on the books yet contributes next to nothing on the pitch. That mistake in 2011 has hamstrung us EVERY season since and is probably one of the worst transfers of all time based on that. Despite that he's been the first manager for about 5 years to actually address the issue of the midfield with the signing of Matic. That showed just how much one player in one area of the pitch can radically redefine the way you play football. Next he has to do the same with the striker.

This summer is all about stripping away the deadwood (Torres, Luiz, Mikel, Ba, Marin, Cole, Kakuta etc.) and allowing Jose to build the squad he wants. Until then we're putting a car out on the track with half it's wheels missing.

I just want to know, but did his arrival contribute significantly (financial wise) as far as sales and ads are concerned? We don't get that kind of info here. But I know that amongst the regular spectators here, people weren't thrilled about him but always showed some support.

I'm glad he realized the mistake he made in the summer in keeping Torres and company.

It sucks that we might not win anything but it has been a season that has shown a lot of improvement and promises.

It's great to have some stability and address the concerns of our team.

I'm glad he realized the mistake he made in the summer in keeping Torres and company.

It sucks that we might not win anything but it has been a season that has shown a lot of improvement and promises.

It's great to have some stability and address the concerns of our team.

Easy to say he made a mistake in keeping Torres and other STs when nobody out there wants and/or can afford him. The summer pursuit of Rooney then should already tell us he wasn't convinced by the STs overall.

I think he'd take that as an insult and would rather he just had a striker. Not sure what an attacking co-ordinator could do with Torres.

I just want to know, but did his arrival contribute significantly (financial wise) as far as sales and ads are concerned? We don't get that kind of info here. But I know that amongst the regular spectators here, people weren't thrilled about him but always showed some support.

Hard to say because we've been growing year on year in terms of revenue from commercial activities, and that coincided with the CL success. But Torres does still seem to sell a lot of t-shirts (I have no idea how) and still seems to get pushed to the forefront of any marketing stuff.

The support for him is a combination of desperation and pity. £100 million investments get a lot more leeway than others, whilst a lot of people simply feel sorry for him. But he needs to leave now, for his own good. Jose is making it very clear that he can't trust him and I think this is about as close as you're going to get to him being forced out.

Easy to say he made a mistake in keeping Torres and other STs when nobody out there wants and/or can afford him. The summer pursuit of Rooney then should already tell us he wasn't convinced by the STs overall.

If teams where able to take that lump of Carroll them I'm sure we could have send Torres on a loan somewhere.

As well we was going to let ba go on loan but then stop it because it was going to make arsenal a title contender. It really showed how poor this situation was handled.

I think naivety and content played a big part in this from the club. Believing we can wing it with that lot.

If teams where able to take that lump of Carroll them I'm sure we could have send Torres on a loan somewhere.

As well we was going to let ba go on loan but then stop it because it was going to make arsenal a title contender. It really showed how poor this situation was handled.

I think naivety and content played a big part in this from the club. Believing we can wing it with that lot.

Comparing the Torres situation with Carroll is just nonsensical. At least with the latter, he is still a decent striker, has his uses, not completely washed up and doesn't command a high fee/wages like Torres does. With Torres, teams would basically be taking risks because we can already see how useless he is (except for his annoying fanboys/girls!) and the fact he is on 175k p/w (which is just preposterous!) scares them off and probably make them think thrice before taking him!

To be fair to Styles, he didn't want Mourinho in to begin with, I vividly remember that.

Personally I feel like today was more on the players, lacked passion or any effort in the final third in the second half - Mou tried to kill the tie off by bringing on a fraud "striker" but because we decided to stop our high press game in the second half (whether this was Mou's instructions or not I don't know, looked more like a lack of desire from the players) our whole game plan went out the window, and because there was a general lack of effort around the whole team we conceded two very bizarre and sloppy goals.

The only thing I like about the result is that we now have to go at them at The Bridge, which we should've done in the second half but there's nothing to lose now.

The players were tired. Pressing and counter-attacking at 200mph is not sustainable against a team who can keep the ball as well as PSG did.