The Mourinho Thread

Can you imagine if we had David Moyes instead? Our fans are so fucking fickle its unbelievable.

OMG no one, I REPEAT NO FUCKING ONE is doubting Jose or his ability, we are simply SHOWING his FLOWS and analyses what he is doing wrong. Just because you are not kissing his ass to death doesn't mean you are not appreciating him.

By the same argument you could also says can you imagine if we have got Klopp/Ancelotti/Pep instead? We would probably be up there with City and Liverpool in goal scoring chart or at least dominating matches with the ball and good passing.

OMG no one, I REPEAT NO FUCKING ONE is doubting Jose or his ability, we are simply SHOWING his FLOWS and analyses what he is doing wrong. Just because you are not kissing his ass to death doesn't mean you are not appreciating him.

By the same argument you could also says can you imagine if we have got Klopp/Ancelotti/Pep instead? We would probably be up there with City and Liverpool in goal scoring chart or at least dominating matches with the ball and good passing.

I do find it mildly amusing seeing people oh here showing his FLAWS ,, (correct spelling ) and analysing his mistakes , We can all have our opinions but please

.. IF YOU are this good where will your next job be?

Not at all true. Taking only the Palace game - Most of Chelsea's shots were from 35 yards when the team couldn't find a way through whereas Palace had a lot of dangerous attacks

Only dangerous Chelsea attack was Azpi cross to Schurrle that somehow stayed out

I was specifically talking about the number of chances...The quality of our chances was poor due to bad decision making on the counter, which was what I was trying to imply in post..;

Crystal palace 1 goal from 14 attempts, and Chelsea 0 from 21 attempts

EDIT: Story of our season, against bottom half/relegation teams

For me, Mourinho failed to create a team. We dont have a pattern, we dont know whats our playing style, and at the end of the day Mourinho made some moves because, after all, he believed the team could win the league in a ugly way.

I really dont know how he can be happy with Ivanovic. A full back duties is more than defending. Ivanovic have almost zero attacking skills. Yesterday there was a moment when he was free to cross, had all the time in the world to make an assist, but his "cross" was a more of an long shoot than a cross.

We have Azi playing as a LB, he is doing really well, but guess what, he is a RB, he is better than Ivanovic, and I dont know how Cole can do worst as a LB, than Ivanovic is doing as a RB.

We dont know how our midfield look like. Matic-Ramires-Willian-Oscar-Hazard; Matic, Luiz, Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Matic, Luiz, Lampard, Schurle, Hazard; Matic, Lampard, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard. Some people might think it means Mourinho have a dynamic midfield, but its the opposite.

Despite all those changes, we dont a have a pattern, we dont have a playing style, the team usually waste 45 minutes with a slow start, and Mourinho end up moaning about the 3 chances the team missed during the match...but in football usually you have to create many chances to score one goal, if teams like Barcelona or Bayern scored in every opportunity they create, they would be scoring 20 goals in a match. Limited teams need to score, or "kill the game", with only 2 or 3 opportunities, because its the only way they know to victory.

When the team barely create, every single chance missed seems a huge deal. Yesterday in the 2nd half, there was only 1 great chance (the one Hazard missed), now its easy to say Hazard doesnt have the balls to "kill the game" when he has to, or its even more easy to blame Torres, but for me, one single chance in 45 minutes against Crystal Palace is not enough for a team fighting for the league.

:clap::clap::clap:

Ultimately the blame lies at his feet just like the praise does. We have always struggled this season against small teams and a coach of his calibre shld hv solved the problem. Even Rodgers who is a lesser coach found a way to go around his weak defence, simply set up to out score the opponent and its worked a treat. Mou has to take blame for our failures IMO especially against bottom sides just as he takes praise for our victories over the Top 4

Obvious notes from Crystal Palace game:

(1) Torres (the cunt) should never start a game in a Chelsea shirt again. This much is obvious to anyone who has watched this mediocre player in the last 3 years. I don't even consider him a footballer anymore, he's just a joke that doesn't deserve to wear the shirt. Ba MUST have started that game with Eto'o out injured. Torres can NEVER be trusted. One would think an experienced manager like Jose would have learned by now.

(2) 4-2-3-1 is our best system, the system that suits our personnel the most and we should stick with it in every game. Playing a 4-3-3 with Torres(seriously?), Schurrle and Hazard (who looks very very tired) against relegation/mid-table defensive teams means you get little in terms of creativity. Those players are for a counter-attacking style. Add to the fact that our full-backs are not given license to over-lap, it means we aren't committing players to attack. That's disappointing. Oscar/Willian should have started as a number 10.

(3) Matic, Luiz and Lampard in as a midfield trio against relegation/mid-table defensive teams is a mistake. Matic and Luiz provide a platform for Lampard to attack, but Lampard is 35. He is not the player he once was, and for the first time in a decade, he might not score 10 goals in a season. Starting Luiz and Matic together made sense against a physical, direct Tony Pulis team, but it should have been in a 4-2-3-1, not a 4-3-3.

(4) The last point and it's a general one. It's also the one that bothers me a little. Jose sometimes goes for a very scientific approach when he picks his line-ups and tactical shape. "Scientific" as in picking your line-up based on the strengths of the opposition, as opposed to Chelsea's strengths. Now it's understandable to think this way against really strong teams away from home (i.e against Man City), but you have to have a different approach against teams like Crystal Palace. In that game, Jose just had to start either Willian or Oscar in a 4-2-3-1. He went with a 4-3-3 because he wanted an extra body in midfield to help with Palace's style. That wasn't necessary because we had Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Matic and Ivanovic starting. All tall, physical players. It's already happened a lot this season where Jose makes a change at half-time admitting he was wrong with his line-up/formation. Sometimes, you just have to play your best players instead of trying to be too clever.

I'm sure he also wanted to give Oscar a rest in view of the CL match against PSG as well, so that might have been in his thinking when he chose that formation. It was a mistake because I genuinely felt prior to the Palace match, we had a better chance to win the Premier league than the Champions league. Personally, I feel it's Hazard who is more deserving of a rest, but I guess he's just too good to be rested. Hazard does have a reputation from his Lille days of being able to play every game.

We might end up with nothing this season, but I've loved our progress this season under Jose. In a transition season (old guard more or less gone/on the wane: new young guys bought/ gaining prominence) Massive improvement in defense, massive individual improvements in some players, removing the obvious imbalance in the squad (with the ridiculous amount of AM's we once had), bringing in the right personnel to restore balance (MATIC, Salah, van Ginkel, Schurrle {though that was before Jose}) . Our squad now looks pretty amazing on paper bar a top-class striker in his prime. I say that because I consider Eto'o to be an absolutely top class striker, but he's past his prime and only god knows his true age. He's probably in his mid-30's. The only disappointment in terms of the team is the lack of killer instinct away from home , but that has more to do with Torres starting so many away matches than anything.

We know what we need now. Torres, Ba, Mikel and Cole (he won't want to be a squad player) all MUST be sold. Costa, a LB (Shaw?) and less importantly, a CM (Kroos?) SHOULD be bought. A CM to partner Matic is less important because van Ginkel is going to be an absolutely immense player for this club. Mark my words. And Lukaku (hopefully) will be back as well.

So that's Costa (*), Hazard, Matic, Oscar, Schurrle, Azpilicueta, Lukaku, Willian, van Ginkel, Salah and Zouma with MOURINHO as manager. A million and one reasons to be very excited about this New Chelsea.

The tactical outclassing of Pellegrini at the Etihad seems like a lifetime ago in this thread.

But then we lost to them in the fa cup.....

There's just no consistency in the team.

What I hate the most about this team at the moment is that we are dog shit first half. When we play from the go like we did against Arsenal then we destroy people.

But I just don't understand why we can't sustain that consistency?

I do find it mildly amusing seeing people oh here showing his FLAWS ,, (correct spelling ) and analysing his mistakes , We can all have our opinions but please

.. IF YOU are this good where will your next job be?

General mistakes not technical mistakes. For example we could see through the match that we don't create enough opportunity...etc that is what called general mistakes. Technical mistakes includes pointing out players didn't make run, didn't choose the right pass...etc which is the job of the manager.

I don't see anyone here trying to go into details how the team should play? but rather we all want to point out that we don't create enough chances against teams sitting deep(fact with statistic to back up if you want). Analyzing I didn't say to go into details but rather to just point out basically.

Ultimately the blame lies at his feet just like the praise does. We have always struggled this season against small teams and a coach of his calibre shld hv solved the problem. Even Rodgers who is a lesser coach found a way to go around his weak defence, simply set up to out score the opponent and its worked a treat. Mou has to take blame for our failures IMO especially against bottom sides just as he takes praise for our victories over the Top 4

This season is like playing a video game where you always beat the boss but then die in the next level because of not enough health left and then game over which means we have to start again. Kind of pointless owning City at Etihad then losing at Villa, almost like Arsenal always being in CL but never even come close to winning it then you start to question the point.

I'm not sure getting in a capable striker that will create space and drag defenders etc. will necessarily alleviate all our problems of breaking down defensive teams. Mourinho had the same problem last year at Real Madrid even with some of the best and most creative players in the world. It's simply not Mourinho's forte, just as Guardiola's sides would likely struggle if they weren't dominating possession: "We need to control the ball. If this is not the case, then we have a problem", he said after drawing to Hoffenheim on Saturday. I don't think it's unfair to say that Mourinho's set us up as a Champions League/big game side rather than one that can dominate the Premier League and its smaller sides.

I'm not sure getting in a capable striker that will create space and drag defenders etc. will necessarily alleviate all our problems of breaking down defensive teams. Mourinho had the same problem last year at Real Madrid even with some of the best and most creative players in the world. It's simply not Mourinho's forte, just as Guardiola's sides would likely struggle if they weren't dominating possession: "We need to control the ball. If this is not the case, then we have a problem", he said after drawing to Hoffenheim on Saturday. I don't think it's unfair to say that Mourinho's set us up as a Champions League/big game side rather than one that can dominate the Premier League and its smaller sides.

actually a poacher like Defoe would thrive on our play ,, and Suarez would be unplayable

But then we lost to them in the fa cup.....

There's just no consistency in the team.

What I hate the most about this team at the moment is that we are dog shit first half. When we play from the go like we did against Arsenal then we destroy people.

But I just don't understand why we can't sustain that consistency?

What are the chances of beating City twice in a row in their stadium? Can they do that to us at SB? Especially when they had a week's rest and we had to go to the midlands to play West Brom. Your critiscm in pathetic. If you can't see the progress we've made this season, then fuck off and go support Bayern. They destroy everyone 5,6,-0 every game and won their league with 20+ points.

What are the chances of beating City twice in a row in their stadium? Can they do that to us at SB? Especially when they had a week's rest and we had to go to the midlands to play West Brom. Your critiscm in pathetic. If you can't see the progress we've made this season, then fuck off and go support Bayern. They destroy everyone 5,6,-0 every game and won their league with 20+ points.

What the fuck?

actually a poacher like Defoe would thrive on our play ,, and Suarez would be unplayable

Would they be an improvement on what we currently have? Absolutely. Would we win the league with them and our current style of play? I doubt it. I remember Sky Sports, earlier this year, showing statistics on the conversion rates of the best players in the world. The highest at that time was Diego Costa who had a rate of around 30%. Now if you think about how few chances we actually create in games against more defensively minded teams, it is unlikely such strikers would be scoring readily enough for us to win those games, especially if we concede, and hence it'd be unlikely for us win us the league. And in my opinion the main cause of us not creating enough chances is the lack of creativity and goal threat from the attacking midfielders as well as the lack of proper width and offensive threat from the full backs - things for which we've seen little to no sign of Mourinho wanting to remedy for next season, hence my initial point.

What the fuck?

Just a response to your ridiculous comment about City and lack of "consistency". City have not lost two back-to-back games for over two years. Chelsea, a team in transition were on a 14 match unbeaten run in the league before that bastard, Chris Foy did us at Villa park. The longest unbeaten run this season. If that's not consistency, I don't know what is.

Just a response to your ridiculous comment about City and lack of "consistency". City have not lost two back-to-back games for over two years. Chelsea, a team in transition were on a 14 match unbeaten run in the league before that bastard, Chris Foy did us at Villa park. The longest unbeaten run this season. If that's not consistency, I don't know what is.

Well we lack consistency.

The only ridiculous one here is you!

Why because I'm not saying anything new, Mourinho himself said it as well!!!

"You have Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill and Azpilicueta and they perform in the sun, in the rain, small pitches, big pitches, aggressive teams, non-aggressive teams and they perform every game from day one to the last day. And you have other players who are fantastic in some matches and disappear in other matches."

Get it? NO CONSISTENCY!!!

D

Would they be an improvement on what we currently have? Absolutely. Would we win the league with them and our current style of play? I heavily doubt it. I remember Sky Sports, earlier this year, showing statistics on the conversion rates of the best players in the world. The highest at that time was Diego Costa who had a rate of around 30%. Now if you think about the number of chanches we create per game it is unlikely such strikers would be scoring readily enough to win the league. And in my opinion the main cause of us not creating enough chances is the lack of creativity and goal threat from the attacking midfielders as well as the lack of proper width and offensive threat from the full backs - things which I don't think Mourinho is necessarily looking to remedy for next season, hence my initial point.

Suarez would fit like a glove into our style of play. Lack of creativity? Hazard alone has created more chances than any other player in Europe. How many chances did we create against Everton, Stoke (in the league and Cup), Steaua at the Bridge, Swansea......... I can go on and on. How many times has Torres missed sitters this season? I can go on and on. How many times has Torres put in anonymous performances home and away this season? I can go on and on.

Our main and only problem is the CF position. Eto'o is fantastic, but he is too old to be the difference and a consistent match-winner. Ba is not rated by the manager. Mourinho rarely uses him. Torres is THE cancer in this team. We are never going to win any important trophy if Torres plays a prominent part. And, NO, the Europa league does not count because of the quality of opposition.