The Mourinho Thread

He should focus on giving interviews about Cahill's improvement or JT's resurgence instead of throwing players under the bus to save his arse.

Like I said earlier he's the one who loaned Lukaku out. No one else forced him.

It isn't some imaginary motivational tool either. He's just handing out early excuses in case we don't win anything this season.

Lukaku asked for a loan....

It isn't some imaginary motivational tool either. He's just handing out early excuses in case we don't win anything this season.

I agree that he shouldn't have loaned out Lukaku, but I honestly don't see the harm in him being realistic about our striking situation. It's almost certainly going to cost us trophies, it's something he tried to address in the summer and what exactly are the ramifications of being honest about Samuel Eto'o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba?

One of them is certainly leaving, one of them is possibly leaving and one of them is out of contract in a few months. Are they going to suddenly get worse? If just one of them looks as those comments and has an attack of pride and competitive spirit then we are better off.

This is just one of those moments that opens up Jose to possible criticism from certain quarters.

He should focus on giving interviews about Cahill's improvement or JT's resurgence instead of throwing players under the bus to save his arse.

His arse doesn't need saving for fuck's sake.

Here's part of an interview of him discussing Cahill's importance by the way.

Ba is a momentum player, he will deliver a decent return if given a run off games and responsibility, he has never got that here.
Lukaku barely played for us, Sturridge had a decent record for us actually.
Torres was on the wane under Woy before he even got here and Eto'o's not scoring like he use to for the same reason Drogba didn't post double.

Exactly.

So if cavani, ibra and Falcao are imposible who's left?

I think mourinho and Chelsea will still be with out a great striker come new season.

That'll be terrible. Can't imagine that happening. If that case occurs, then we'll have to go all out sell more players and raise 80mil for suarez at all costs.

Apparently he said Eto'o is possibly 35 years old and that he will eventually manage Monaco at the end of his career to prepare for retirement. He also said Falcao needs a team and we need a striker.

Now the Eto'o part is interesting, always make me think twice about signing African players now. It is really hard to spot whether they are their age or lying about it. Then there is the story about that Lazio player who is apparently 17 but looks like 41.

So if cavani, ibra and Falcao are imposible who's left?

Costa? I'm not really sold on the guy.

I think mourinho and Chelsea will still be with out a great striker come new season.

Cavani and Falcao both want out. PSG and Monaco are both rich clubs but if the player requests an exit, they will have to listen to offers.

I think Chelsea can get both of them. The only problem is that I think we'll have to overpay if we want to.

Cavani and Falcao both want out. PSG and Monaco are both rich clubs but if the player requests an exit, they will have to listen to offers.

I think Chelsea can get both of them. The only problem is that I think we'll have to overpay if we want to.

Well 60m for Cavani is pretty much a must if we want to get him, but essentially we will pay him nothing if we allow Cole to leaves.

Not sure about cavani but Falcao yes. Mónaco is not a team for a player at his peak. More like to go collect a check and play in a nice place.

So I would think Falcao want out.

But last time we bought a player after a major injury... Well you can still see him in our team sucking ass. Not even mourinho was able to work his magic.

Strikers who came back even better after injury: RVP, Costa(believe it or not he was out for like 9 months before his great season at Atletico last year), Higuain(he was out for sometime at 1 point a few years ago)

Strikers who got worse with injuries(well some still play well but never the same): Rooney after that injury in 09-10 season, Torres, Millito

So there are case for strikers to still be able to do well after injury, just have to look at RVP who had 2 amazing seasons last 2 years after so many injuries. Or we can look at Torres who is destroying the souls of every Chelsea fans.

I don't think we should take that risk on Falcao

Strikers who came back even better after injury: RVP, Costa(believe it or not he was out for like 9 months before his great season at Atletico last year), Higuain(he was out for sometime at 1 point a few years ago)

Strikers who got worse with injuries(well some still play well but never the same): Rooney after that injury in 09-10 season, Torres, Millito

So there are case for strikers to still be able to do well after injury, just have to look at RVP who had 2 amazing seasons last 2 years after so many injuries. Or we can look at Torres who is destroying the souls of every Chelsea fans.

I don't think we should take that risk on Falcao

ACL knee ligament injury is a different ball game to those other injuries.

It has a bad track record, torres a star in it obviously.

Not sure about cavani but Falcao yes.

Cavani is second choice to Ibrahimovic at PSG. Not to mention he is often played out of his preferred position in order to add to Ibra's play. This is why there is speculation he wants to leave.

He is out of his habitat just as much as Falcao is because a striker of his caliber shouldn't be second choice to anyone.