The Mourinho Thread

This thread is turning ridiculous. When a result doesn't go our way, people come here to bash one of the greatest managers ever in the game. Its sad really.

Well it would help if you actually addressed the concerns rather than deeming any criticism of Mourinho as a knee-jerk reaction to the loss. If you read the forums you'd see my concerns with Ramires and Ivanovic's technical ineptitude is shared by many and has been for a while.

Except I just answered a post among a few saying how Mourinho blows things off, makes us defensive and doesn't provide enough goals for Chelsea fans... you may have a point I even agree with but this thread has a lot of bullshit about Mou as a manager which is different from making specific complaints as you did.

I had a lot of problems with the lineup too. It means in my opinion he made a mistake not that he sucks bc he doesn't aim to win 6x0 like City do.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4G using Tapatalk

I don't think you actually even addressed my point. Are you referring to Ivanovic and Ramires as 'work/warhorses'? LOL. Yes let's put technically inept players at the core of the team because they work hard - passing the ball to the opposition and row Z must really take the life out of them.

The right-back isn't the heart of the team. Fact is we've spent £21 million on Matic who combines what you want....so what the fuck are you still moaning about??

I'd like to see both of them phased out of the team but it takes time. Mourinho has done a tremendous amount in his first season.

Let's not pretend most Chelsea fans (except you who deems any Mourinho move fantastic) weren't disappointed that on the one occasion there was a heavy chance of running riot against a poor United side there for the taking Mourinho decided to shut up shop and they ended up with a much more respectable scoreline.

Yes...all around the Bridge were sad faces that we didn't get a fourth against United.

The right-back isn't the heart of the team. Fact is we've spent £21 million on Matic who combines what you want....so what the fuck are you still moaning about??

I'd like to see both of them phased out of the team but it takes time. Mourinho has done a tremendous amount in his first season.

Yes...all around the Bridge were sad faces that we didn't get a fourth against United.

Are you incapable of asking a question without using the word 'fuck'? By your logic the arrival of a good player should exonerate players who make the same mistakes over and over and the manager who constantly picks them when there are better alternatives (at least there should be with a better CM replacing Ramires, although I heavily doubt such a move will come to fruition in the forseeable future). Incredible reasoning! Ivanovic might as well be classed as being 'the heart of the team' given how he seems to be an untouchable and how often has the opportunity to make something happen in the game, which becomes all the more noticeable when he fluffs his lines and the ball ends up in row Z. There have been absolutely no signs of him being phased out.

Except I just answered a post among a few saying how Mourinho blows things off, us defensive and doesn't provide enough goals for Chelsea fans... you may have a point I even agree with but this thread has a lot of bullshit about Mou as a manager which is different from making specific complaints as you did.

I had a lot of problems with the lineup too. It means in my opinion he made a mistake not that he sucks bc he doesn't aim to win 6x0 like City do.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4G using Tapatalk

Fair enough. What's frustrating me is people being dismissive or irrational when trying to argue against any negativity towards Mourinho's decisions (like the starting eleven) because he is always right, of course. His record proves that, don't you know?!

Are you incapable of asking a question without using the word 'fuck'? By your logic the arrival of a good player should exonerate players who make the same mistakes over and over and the manager who constantly picks them when there are better alternatives (at least there should be with a better CM replacing Ramires, although I heavily doubt such a move will come to fruition in the forseeable future). Incredible reasoning! Ivanovic might as well be classed as being 'the heart of the team' given how often he has the opportunity to make something happen in the game, which becomes all the more noticeable when he fluffs his lines and the ball ends up in row Z.

I don't have to use the word fuck but it does a good job of highlighting my frustration with people who use a 3-1 win over United as a sign of us being unambitious and 'the fans' being disappointed we didn't go for more.

As for Rami and Ivanovic, they're not perfect but they do add certain things to our team. Ramires had a bad game and I think we will replace him somewhere down the line. Ivanovic has his uses, but I think the amount of bitching that has gone on after we created 39 chances against a team who came to defend is a bit of a joke to be honest.

Really could see the interview after Monday and we draw City in a dour 0-0 game.

Reporter: Last week, you said West Ham played 19th century football, what about Chelsea today?

Mou: Today was a great result, we didn't concede any goals, not many teams are able to do that this season. Also we are the 1st team to take points off them at home, so I am very happy with my players. They are a very good team, so getting a point here is a great result.

Reporter: What about your approach?

Mou: We didn't play negative football, we play amazing defensive football

Because he is Mourinho and he is the boss :clown:

I don't have to use the word fuck but it does a good job of highlighting my frustration with people who use a 3-1 win over United as a sign of us being unambitious and 'the fans' being disappointed we didn't go for more.

As for Rami and Ivanovic, they're not perfect but they do add certain things to our team. Ramires had a bad game and I think we will replace him somewhere down the line. Ivanovic has his uses, but I think the amount of bitching that has gone on after we created 39 chances against a team who came to defend is a bit of a joke to be honest.

At home winning 3-0 against one of the worst teams United, who have been our main domestic rivals for the last decade, have put out in many a year with the best part of 45 minutes to go and to then sit back, defend and almost wait for their inevitable goal may not be disappointing for you but it damn well is to me. It isn't just about beating them but also sending a message, furthering confidence in the squad and furthering their setback instead of ending with a dross of a display and letting them leave with a very respectable scoreline.

At home winning 3-0 against one of the worst teams United, who have been our main domestic rivals for the last decade, have put out in many a year with the best part of 45 minutes to go and to then sit back, defend and almost wait for their inevitable goal may not be disappointing for you but it damn well is to me.

Boo, and indeed hoo.

Sounds a little spoilt to me to be honest.

Tactical genius is Mourinho! Never realised the point of the game was to win!

So that means all other manager's philosophy is to lose?

btw even that winning thing u said can be argued against since he has gone into some games this season just looking to draw lol

Fergie was always tactful in big away games just like Jose was at OT and The Emirates. Just because he wasn't stupid in approach doesn't mean he didn't want to win, away games against big teams managers try and win but are also wary a draw is a good result.
Also its quite frankly bizarre how its never mentioned Arsenal and United were just as cautious that night, guess it doesn't fit with the Jose myth.

Mourinho closes the offensive hose at 3-0 because he feels there is no need to further tire the players (and risk an injury) over a game that is already won. He does it strategically thinking about the next game. Would I rather win 3-0 now and 2-0 the next, or work for 5-0 here and reduce the player's form for the next? Would I rather give the club's fans another 30 minutes of attacking fun or the title at the end of the season?

That's the difference between having a manager used to winning Championships and one that has never won anything in his career.

Does that answer your question?

It'd be less tiring to casually attack though than to defend as you're able to dictate the tempo of the game. Just ask Barcelona!

Jose talks about last night´s failure to divert attention from players, I read above.

Then, I would like to ask..does his talk about Citeh winning the PL helps Chelsea´s players ?

Yes. It puts less pressure on players, 75% of whom have no experience winning it.

Just a quick question I'd like to ask you all?

Liverpool were leading 4-0 at home to Everton and went on the hunt for more,

while when we were leading 3-0 against United (or lead in any game) we decide to shut up shop rather than hunt for more. Why all this negativity?

Because United is not Everton.

Mourinho closes the offensive hose at 3-0 because he feels there is no need to further tire the players (and risk an injury) over a game that is already won. He does it strategically thinking about the next game. Would I rather win 3-0 now and 2-0 the next, or work for 5-0 here and reduce the player's form for the next? Would I rather give the club's fans another 30 minutes of attacking fun or the title at the end of the season?

That's the difference between having a manager used to winning Championships and one that has never won anything in his career.

Does that answer your question?

Quite possibly one of the greatest posts I've read on this forum. You've restored my faith in Talk Chelsea

It'd be less tiring to casually attack though than to defend as you're able to dictate the tempo of the game. Just ask Barcelona!

We don't have the passing ability that they did, Our approach is direct, running at defences and we are very dangerous from set pieces. For us to keep going and going would tire out our players incredibly. I really fancy us to get something Monday night, and I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong if we don't.

Today, Jose claimed Citeh could hit Chelsea for 5 or 6 goals in Monday´s title crunch.

Since we know Jose likes to play with the UK media but how does this drivel helps the players is beyond me.

Meanwhile, Cahill insists Chelsea can go to the Etihad & win - & have no intention of trying to shut up shop.