The Mourinho Thread

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/17517-chelsea-v-west-ham/page-23

Shit team selection end up costing us.

Basically the team that started against Stoke should have played today. That's our strongest line-up IMO. It's also the line-up that increases our attacking quality. Don't know what he thinks sometimes. Maybe that champagne is still having its intoxicating effect.

Against teams like West Ham we need to start more positive because they will sit back and park the bus.

No idea why Mikel and Ivanovic started, we needed Azpi and Cole at fb today to help break down the opponent. Also an ideal game for Lampard who has a phenomenal record against West Ham.

We played pretty well, obviously couldn't finish but the result means we have to go at the Etihad and at least nick a point.

Against teams like West Ham we need to start more positive because they will sit back and park the bus.

No idea why Mikel and Ivanovic started, we needed Azpi and Cole at fb today to help break down the opponent. Also an ideal game for Lampard who has a phenomenal record against West Ham.

We played pretty well, obviously couldn't finish but the result means we have to go at the Etihad and at least nick a point.

Because José was absolutely terrified of the prospect of Carroll isolating Cole/Azpilicueta - so terrified that we'd rather shackle ourselves going forward than provide meaningful width.

José anger at Hammers' tactics

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9140653/jose-mourinho-west-ham-play-football-from-19th-century

I think mourinho has no right bashing west ham for their tactics when is something we have used in the past as well some of his teams in the past.

yup.

Why both Cahill and Terry? What do they add in attack when roaming in the midfield? Luiz + one of them. Azpi on the right, Cole on the left (could even go Andre or Bertrand if not on loan there). No Mikel! *maybe Matic. I'd actually start with Lampard + Matic/Ramires. Ramires would be more focused on defense actually.

Then against City you play something like this line up. The starting line up made no sense this time... none whatsoever. Number of players committed (or capable) to attacking was way off.

BTW, no opportunism here as I thought the lineup was shit from the start.

Again, imagine Arsenal's line up for a game like this... no DM for sure...

yup.

Why both Cahill and Terry? What do they add in attack when roaming in the midfield? Luiz + one of them. Azpi on the right, Cole on the left (could even go Andre or Bertrand if not on loan there). No Mikel! *maybe Matic. I'd actually start with Lampard + Matic/Ramires. Ramires would be more focused on defense actually.

Then against City you play something like this line up. The starting line up made no sense this time... none whatsoever. Number of players committed (or capable) to attacking was way off.

BTW, no opportunism here as I thought the lineup was shit from the start.

Again, imagine Arsenal's line up for a game like this... no DM for sure...

Exactly what I was thinking especially regarding us using this sort of line up against City instead. It should be interesting to see how we do line up against City though.

Lampard should have started. Big mistake for me.

The moment he realised that west ham were just staying in the 18 box, ramires and mikel are useless in that situation and both should have been removed in the second half.

Didn't like the line up, but disliked even more how the changes took so long.

Why on earth did Mikel start and why took Mourinho so long to sub him? Hammers didn't attack at all and while I'd have gone with a Ramires Matic pivot, I would definitely bring Lampard on 46' seeing how they've parked the bus.

Mourinho didn't make sense imo. I wouldn't have brought Ba either. We couldn't break their two lines of five ahead of box, and then you bring another box player that didn't saw the ball in the 15 minutes he's played.

The match wasn't bad, but Mourinho made bad decisions that I can't say cost us the match, as we had again shots in the post and keepers doing mini-miracles. Still bad team selection, even worse subs and his complaints after the match are nonsense. He played for a draw against Spurs, United, Arsenal. He has no rights to complain when someone does the same to his team.

I just disagree with whoever says Mourinho can't complain about teams parking the bus because some of his teams parked it in the past. Mourinho's teams were very solid defensively and had a defensive approach of the game, but Mourinho didn't use to park the bus - like di Matteo did for example. There's a difference of a defensive team or a team built from defense and a team parking the bus. Still he shouldn't complain about it.

Huge disappointment about the result, but well, sometimes life sucks

Lampard should have started. Big mistake for me.

The moment he realised that west ham were just staying in the 18 box, ramires and mikel are useless in that situation and both should have been removed in the second half.

Yep...Lampard against West Ham, should have been nailed on to start...The Mikel, Ramires pivot offers nothing for breaking down tight defences...especially with no Juan Mata in front of them...

To be honest I don't anyone saw the West Ham wall incoming, not saying it should've been easy but it was surprising to see them park it like that.

I disagree. They're a hoofing ball team, they play shit from the back like the first match against them showed. Their defenders are awful defenders that don't know what to do with the ball and slow.

I disagree. They're a hoofing ball team, they play shit from the back like the first match against them showed. Their defenders are awful defenders that don't know what to do with the ball and slow.

Don't get me wrong, I knew they'd park it, I just didn't expect a fucking masterpiece lol.

Don't get me wrong, I knew they'd park it, I just didn't expect a fucking masterpiece lol.

What I don't understand is why he made so many changes from the match from Stoke.

I thought he would have played nearly the same players.

This match was asking players that could do something from deeper positions as it would surprise no one that West Ham would try to crowd Hazard and Oscar.

Wonder if we would have beaten Liverpool if Ramires was not suspended and Ivanovic injured that led to Azpi playing to the right and being a big part in the Eto'o goal.

When I saw the line-up, I expected an average performance but that we would still win.

I think that if Jose would have to win this game as his life would depend on it, he would have chosen a different line-up to maximize the chances.

One of the thing we could improve watching the last matches is the way we have players positioned in the box. When we have opportunities to cross, the players in the box all tend to attack towards the goal, leaving only speculative low crosses and not more easy back pass.

It's one thing we were doing better last year, not so many players in the same line.

The draw with West Ham is Mourinho's fault he has to take accountability. You don't start Mikel and Ramiers at home to a bottom 3 team like West Ham especially with our winning form. He went for the safe win which is typical Jose.

However at this stage of the season and where we are on the ladder we needed to take a slight risk and be attack minded. Lampard and Matic should have started. Ramiers was poor and Mikel really showed he has no place in our squad.

This error could have cost us the title.