The Mourinho Thread

I've seen some sniping at him, but the supporters who actually turn up and watch the matches week in and week out finally have a guy we can unite behind and support. That was evident again yesterday.

This club needs him and anyone not behind him needs to have a word with themselves.

I've seen some sniping at him, but the supporters who actually turn up and watch the matches week in and week out finally have a guy we can unite behind and support. That was evident again yesterday.

This club needs him and anyone not behind him needs to have a word with themselves.

I dont think anyone in here is against Mourinho, but that also doesnt mean they cant criticize him...

He is the best thing that could have happened to us in this off-season, but he also made some mistakes when choosing the lineup and when making substitutions that cant go unoticed!

He makes mistakes in the full glare of the media, with millions of Chelsea fans looking to him to win matches - we sit on the net and use our minute amount of footballing knowledge to pick holes in the selections he makes.

We have the best man for the job. We should count our blessings that he has an uncommon knack of rectifying those mistakes quickly, as he did yesterday.

No, not really!

Many people in here dont have contact with the English media, so they arent influenced by it. Many people in here do know their football. And many people in here know the difference between blind love and constructive criticism.

Mourinho is a hell of a coach and the best one we could have gotten and no one is asking for him to leave (not in the slightest), but he did make some flagarant mistakes. He went to a season without enough personel to play in the pivot at a competitive level, he still believes too much in the old guard, he made horrible substitutions in the first 3-4 games, he is not finding a balance for our attacking trio, etc. But that doesnt mean they arent happy or they have no patience, it just means they are looking at our current situation and are expressing their opinions on it.

People just post what they see and they have the right to do so... (and I am not even one of the members who are complaining)

No, not really!

Many people in here dont have contact with the English media, so they arent influenced by it. Many people in here do know their football. And many people in here know the difference between blind love and constructive criticism.

Mourinho is a hell of a coach and the best one we could have gotten and no one is asking for him to leave (not in the slightest), but he did make some flagarant mistakes. He went to a season without enough personel to play in the pivot at a competitive level, he still believes too much in the old guard, he made horrible substitutions in the first 3-4 games, he is not finding a balance for our attacking trio, etc. But that doesnt mean they arent happy or they have no patience, it just means they are looking at our current situation and are expressing their opinions on it.

People just post what they see and they have the right to do so... (and I am not even one of the members who are complaining)

They can do what they want.

All I know is that every single supporter in the ground now has someone they can look for in the dugout who they know they can trust. That's a very visceral feeling, it's reassuring and it's something we're very fortunate to have.

But if one of the people on this forum who 'knows their football' thinks they have something of value to offer then they should get in contact with the club and present it in the informative, instructional way they do when they post something in the matchday threads.

They can do what they want.

All I know is that every single supporter in the ground now has someone they can look for in the dugout who they know they can trust. That's a very visceral feeling, it's reassuring and it's something we're very fortunate to have.

But if one of the people on this forum who 'knows their football' thinks they have something of value to offer then they should get in contact with the club and present it in the informative, instructional way they do when they post something in the matchday threads.

Please, stop with this bullshit of 'people who go to the ground'. If you are so especial, start making some noise!

You talk about the the supporters now having someting to look foward to, but why dont you actually chant and help the team win instead of just handling the club your money to stay sit and quiet?

You can say all you want, but if even Mourinho cant make Stamford Bridge make noise, it just prooves the 'supporters who go to the ground' are nothing beyond plastic.

I am done with your constant passive agressive posts towards other members who dont happen to live in England and go to games. Going to games doesnt make anyone a better fan nor a better footballing expert. It is the most narrow minded thing I have read in here!

Please, stop with this bullshit of 'people who go to the ground'. If you are so especial, start making some noise!

You talk about the the supporters now having someting to look foward to, but why dont you actually chant and help the team win instead of just handling the club your money to stay sit and quiet?

You can say all you want, but if even Mourinho cant make Stamford Bridge make noise, it just prooves the 'supporters who go to the ground' are nothing beyond plastic.

Wow....so you're having a pop at the people who spend their hard-earned money turning up week-in and week-out to support this club (many of whom have been doing so for years and who helped keep this club ALIVE in it's darkest hours) because I dared to describe the feeling of being able to look and see Jose Mourinho in our dugout??

That's a massive overreaction on your part I think. I genuinely don't think you meant to describe these supporters as plastic so I'm going to back away from this discussion.

Honestly, I don't think you're the type of person to describe the people who support Chelsea Football Club as plastic, despite that kinda being what you just wrote. Maybe you're just having a bad day.

Wow....so you're having a pop at the people who spend their hard-earned money turning up week-in and week-out to support this club (many of whom have been doing so for years and who helped keep this club ALIVE in it's darkest hours) because I dared to describe the feeling of being able to look and see Jose Mourinho in our dugout??

That's a massive overreaction on your part I think. I genuinely don't think you meant to describe these supporters as plastic so I'm going to back away from this discussion.

Honestly, I don't think you're the type of person to describe the people who support Chelsea Football Club as plastic, despite that kinda being what you just wrote. Maybe you're just having a bad day.

I am not having a bad day...

The fans who go to our games at Stamford Brdige are doing a horrible job and it is not from yesterday. Such a horrible support that Jose himself needed to plea for our fans to make noise in the Supercup. They can think of themselves as especial, above everyone else and the only true Chelsea fans; but the truth is they cant even shout loud enough to silence 6k away fans. You help the team with your money and that is it, because I dont see the atmosphere of the stadium helping the team in anyway, specinly against Basel.

If I spent all that money to go to Stamford Bridge and stay quiet, I would actually be ashamed and not proud...

Thank fuck I know most fans arent like you (Liquidator and Fulham Broadway, for instance), but I have had enough of your polk towards everyone in this forum who you disagree with and I have had enough of you using this low argument of not going to games to try to dismiss them.

I am not having a bad day...

The fans who go to our games at Stamford Brdige are doing a horrible job and it is not from yesterday. Such a horrible support that Jose himself needed to plea for our fans to make noise in the Supercup. They can think of themselves as especial, above everyone else and the only true Chelsea fans; but the truth is they cant even shout loud enough to silence 6k away fans. You help the team with your money and that is it, because I dont see the atmosphere of the stadium helping the team in anyway, specinly against Basel.

If I spent all that money to go to Stamford Bridge and stay quiet, I would actually be ashamed and not proud...

Thank fuck I know most fans arent like you (Liquidator and Fulham Broadway, for instance), but I have had enough of your polk towards everyone in this forum who you disagree with and I have had enough of you using this low argument of not going to games to try to dismiss them.

I hate people who criticise our support and do fuck all to actually make it better. As I've said before, if you don't like it change it.

Now you'll probably get plenty of likes for that little post but you've shown your true colours today by calling our supporters plastic when you have NO right to.

I just posted my opinion of what it felt like to have Jose in the dugout and you come up with some shit that culminates in you calling Chelsea supporters plastic. I don't come here for that, I don't invite that, I don't want that and I don't think anyone else does so if you felt like I forced you to say that then I'm sorry. But you need to re-read this thread and maybe ask who exactly has the problem here.

I hate people who criticise our support and do fuck all to actually make it better. As I've said before, if you don't like it change it.

Now you'll probably get plenty of likes for that little post but you've shown your true colours today by calling our supporters plastic when you have NO right to.

I just posted my opinion of what it felt like to have Jose in the dugout and you come up with some shit that culminates in you calling Chelsea supporters plastic. I don't come here for that, I don't invite that, I don't want that and I don't think anyone else does so if you felt like I forced you to say that then I'm sorry. But you need to re-read this thread and maybe ask who exactly has the problem here.

Now you are the victim? Oh pleeease!

You have no right to think you are better than others just because you pay for tickets (because you dont even chant for the team).

Many people on this forum do more to help the club than you do, people who dont go regurlarly to games.

Say sorry only if you mean it. 'If you felt like I forced you to say it', really? Of course you did, every single time someone disagrees with you, you end up bashing international fans and dismissing their opinions just because they 'dont go to games'...

The difference between you and me is that I dont give a fuck if people believe I am a true supporter or not. I dont have to throw on people's faces the things I do (and try to do) to be able to follow Chelsea and even go to games once every couple of years!

Everyone makes mistakes,case of learning from them etc which is what he seems to be doing.Was always going to take time and hopefully he'll get the time and wont be another half a season oo out you go job...doubt it but never know with this club.Expect miracles half the time

Well I agree with the Brazilian guy.

English fans are piss poor when compared to Brazilian or Argentinian.

I mean just take a look at this from an Argentinian club and compare it to our atmosphere at the bridge:

With the exception of the smoke thing as that's not safe.

Mou now knows his spine of the team.

CECH

TERRY-LUIZ

RAMIRES

MATA

IN FORM TORRES (till eto gets form or torres becomes normal torres)

Other positions on the pitch can be rotated without us losing our heads because the spine is set now.

He needs to identify his favourite double pivot.

Rami gets in for sure. I don't seriously think we have a world class CM to partner him(maybe Lamps till January)

Well I agree with the Brazilian guy.

English fans are piss poor when compared to Brazilian or Argentinian.

I mean just take a look at this from an Argentinian club and compare it to our atmosphere at the bridge:

With the exception of the smoke thing as that's not safe.

Wow....flares and people climbing on fences. That's so amazing.

Different cultures, different ways of supporting clubs. Not trying to start an argument but do any English supporters go on the forums of South American clubs and moan about the way they support their teams?

Wait....let's start again. Do any English supporters go on the forums of South American clubs full stop?

It's one thing to moan about English supporters (because Chelsea supporters are by no means that unique) but they CHOSE to follow an English club, playing in the English league. Moaning about the way we support our teams seems a little odd.