The Mourinho Thread

Mourinho: On Vertonghen - "The referee had very good intentions but in that situation it looks like the player needs to go to hospital with a broken bone until you see the TV replays. To push the referee for a bad decision is something I really don’t like. Maybe

I'm old fashioned."[Vertonghen] is a fantastic player but he’s a special guy.Three days ago he left the Aston Villa player naked. He should have been suspended.The boy was naked, it’s ridiculous - you go on YouTube and it’s top of ridiculous videos."

That'll shut the fucking press up

Was Jose referring to this?

181745682.jpg

what a busta to pull something like that

Mourinho: On Vertonghen - "The referee had very good intentions but in that situation it looks like the player needs to go to hospital with a broken bone until you see the TV replays. To push the referee for a bad decision is something I really don’t like. Maybe

I'm old fashioned."[Vertonghen] is a fantastic player but he’s a special guy.Three days ago he left the Aston Villa player naked. He should have been suspended.The boy was naked, it’s ridiculous - you go on YouTube and it’s top of ridiculous videos."

That'll shut the fucking press up

Was Jose referring to this?

what a busta to pull something like that

Call it pant down pull somebody has to go down low

Real lost the Madrid derby to Atletico today and apparently Real fans were found chanting 'Mourinho' twice outside the Bernabeu then. HA!

The opposition fans know how good mourinho is, so the just hate how good he is and are jealous. They only say bad things about him so that he gets sacked.

Look at when AVB was with us and how he was ridiculed by the media, almost crucified, but now he is their darling at tottenham.

Sadly people like henrique and nono fall for this and want him sacked. For who?

You don't know what you have till you lose him. Every new manager in england is underpeforming but we managed to keep stable from last season and can only go up from here. If some fickle fragile fans can just be a tad patient we can do this, without regretting like madrid

So... Everyone saying that a draw at Old Trafford was a good result; against this ManU side, not so sure.

Bringing Mata in the second half against Spurs was deemed a good managerial intervention; however, how would the match have turned out if he'd just put Mata on to start the game? Maybe if we played both halves with Mata, we could have dominated the entire game.

Finally: Mourinho has a very funny psychological approach, that might well work in a team full of stars. It kind of makes me think of a pack of wolves, and Mou establishes himself immediately as the alpha male - which can be imperative in the long run. Basically, it's like when a group of thugs surounds you in the street: the best thing to do is infer who is the leader of the pack, and to attack this dog first. The followers will then probably not give you too much trouble.

I think he's doing something like that with Mata: the best player for 2 seasons in a row, pushed aside to show that external factors have no effect on his decision making. he is boss.

Although I am aware that other factors play a role in Mata's being benched, I think that this strategy is equivocal with Mou. Next in line is probably Hazard, who actually needs a wake up call.

Mou now knows his spine of the team.

CECH

TERRY-LUIZ

RAMIRES

MATA

IN FORM TORRES (till eto gets form or torres becomes normal torres)

Other positions on the pitch can be rotated without us losing our heads because the spine is set now.

Nicked from bbc live text dodah....

Sam in Godalming: Can everyone stop having a go at Mourinho! Anyone expecting him to produce immaculate displays and perfect results are extremely naive. The squad he has inherited could not be more different to the one he inherited in 2004, it will take a while to find his best formula. Also teams such as Tottenham were far inferior and the Premier League is far more competitive now - judge him after 1 or 2 seasons! Not after a few games.

Also even in 2004, it took a while, it wasn't until October Jose realized the diamond was getting us nowhere and Duff, J.Cole and Robben on the wings was the way forward.

What's that saying: You don't know what you got till it's gone...

I have said it before, i really believe Barca are going to win at-least the next 5 titles and possibly not lose to Madrid in that period too. Then Madrid fans will truly know just how special Mourinho was for them.