The Mourinho Thread

Man-City and the big european nights, minus the odd anomaly like the corner in the 2012 final or whatever the hell he did against Barca in the semi-final. These are games that define seasons..

0 pace and no sense of defensive responsibility. hahahahahahaha

No rebuttal ey..

Speaks volumes.

mata IS our best player. he was awarded not just the chelsea player of the year but also the player's player of the year. that should tell u exactly who even the professional players think is our best player.

No, it tells us we lacked options and Mata stood out like a sore thumb in the worst era of Roman's reign.

Man-City and the big european nights, minus the odd anomaly like the corner in the 2012 final or whatever the hell he did against Barca in the semi-final. These are games that define seasons..

so it's just the games against Man City that decide where we finish in the Premier League? Last time I checked we play 18 other teams twice as well. There is no such thing as 'big games' in the league. You win by consistency, not just beating big teams. You can have home wins against Man City, United, Spurs etc. all you want but if you are dropping points at Stoke, Palace and Fulham then you won't win the league.

Its up to the team to perform on big European nights, not just one player. He shouldn't be expected to be the standout performer every European game, even though he was often one of our best players. Anyway, I've already pointed out, his performances in 'big games' are not just an anomaly.

No rebuttal ey..

Speaks volumes.

No, it tells us we lacked options and Mata stood out like a sore thumb in the worst era of Roman's reign.

the worst era of roman's reign won us a CL, an FA cup and a EL. a lot more than what we acheived and won in any 2 years of his best era.

man-utd, tottenham and arsenal are totally overlooked but one man city side whose physicality does give mata problems should be the sole criteria to judge him.

by the way mata's performances against city and our results against city should tell u exactly how depended we are(were) on mata to win us games.

bayern munich and barcelona - 10 men were behind the ball and we had "officially" parked the bus with just drogba up ahead but u wanted mata to create something when he recieved the ball about 80 yards from the goal. seems easy, heh? how many total attacks did we have in 300 minutes of football in those games?

no sense of responsibility - what was barca then? his defensive frivolities should not be taken as lack of responsiblity. that statement is childish and downright degrading to a person who puts his heart out there every time he wears the blue shirt.

by the way u were saying something about him not being our best player. u dint say anything more on that when i pointed out to u that mata was not only chelsea's player of the year but even the fan's player of the year too.

NO COMEBACKS? cat got your tongue? speaks volumes.

@Liquidator

Mourinho wants a tactically disciplined playmaker, Mata isn't that, as he's shown (not just in the big games) but throughout his time here. Hence why Jose even labeled Mata as a winger when questioned about his role (direct quotes). He doesn't track back, nor does he have the work rate Oscar possesses.

@Liquidator

Mourinho wants a tactically disciplined playmaker, Mata isn't that, as he's shown (not just in the big games) but throughout his time here. Hence why Jose even labeled Mata as a winger when questioned about his role (direct quotes). He doesn't track back, nor does he have the work rate Oscar possesses.

Can you share a link for this direct quotes? second time I see you mention it and I haven't found it.

It bothers me slightly when he complains like he did yesterday (because I think he didn't have a point and for some - not me - he may sound like a sore loser), but it's a way to put pressure on referees for upcoming matches.

No one in UEFA wants someone to imply conspiracies against teams, especially not someone as big as José Mourinho. So they might be more careful next time.

The problem is that if he keep doing that it will make our image as club tainted like real Madrid. I like real but not Mourinho real.

Lol, didnt have a point? We're you watching the same game as the rest of us, it was a farce. Bayern Munich cheated as always,!8 have never seen a game where the ref kept blowing the whistle every few second, Chelsea player breathed on BM player and they have gone down, it looks serious. It was such inept refereeing. Shocking, BM couldn't beat us with 11 v 11 and in all honesty sadly bar a few seconds we were beating them with 10. Some of the tackles they did were atrocious yet nothing happen. It was a pathetic example of ref engineering results. Just as they did last year trying to get all English clubs out of all the competitions.

Jose was spot on to finally speak out about this nonsense just watching MOTD and few dogy ref calls on it, forget the technology all the refs need brought in and taught the ******* rules agin because they clearly make them up as they go along.'

Can't believe how you are now just slagging off our best player for the past 2 seasons already because he isn't match fit to show what he can do.

1) Yes he isn't very strong but neither is Hazard

2) He isn't very quick but his job isn't to be quick, it is to create chances. He usually plays in the middle so it isn't as necessary for him to have a lot of pace

3) Attacking midfielder. There's a clue in the name. However, if you do want to go on about defensive responsibility then I suggest you lot at some of Hazard's piss poor defensive work from games last season.

4) Now this is hilarious.

Last season alone:

Assist and goal vs Arsenal away

2 goals and assist vs Spurs away

Goal vs Man United home

Only goal vs Norwich away

Goal vs Arsenal home

Only goal vs Man United away

2011/12

Best player vs Arsenal home

2 assists vs Valencia home

Only goal vs Fulham home and QPR (FA Cup) away

Goal vs Man U home

Winning goal vs Wigan home

Goal vs Spurs FA Cup semi final

Assist and MOTM vs Liverpool FA Cup final

Assist Champions League final

I don't get what more you want him to do in 'big games' to be honest. Probably been listening to media drivel that he hasn't shown up for them when he has consistently been one of our best players in them.

5) He can't get into it because he isn't 100% match fit at the moment maybe?

Well said. You can add Assist in Europa League Final and a good performance at home to City 11/12.

Scored a screamer in that game vs Arsenal.

Hugh?, Hazard WAS playing, he wasn't on the bench.

There was a very physically weak guy with zero pace and no sense of defensive responsibility on the bench though. I think it's that same guy who never turns up for the big games, and can't get into the spanish side, hmm.. starts with an 'M' doesn't it?

First of all, to all budding controversial posters, if you want to learn to be controversial- this is how! :D

We had this discussion on Twitter earlier.

You claimed the reason he won 2 awards was cos it was our 2 worst seasons under Abramovich (which they were). But at the same time the PFA nominated him as well for their award.

He makes up for his weaknesses with his incredible intelligence. Still nobody in our team passes as well as he does.

Hazard had a terrible work rate, how do you not know Mourinho will work with Mata too to improve his work rate?

Mata is an incredible, hard working person and a future club legend.

Oh yea, if he's that bad then how come a few months ago you used to have the back of Mata's shirt as your ava?

Lol, didnt have a point? We're you watching the same game as the rest of us, it was a farce. Bayern Munich cheated as always,!8 have never seen a game where the ref kept blowing the whistle every few second, Chelsea player breathed on BM player and they have gone down, it looks serious. It was such inept refereeing. Shocking, BM couldn't beat us with 11 v 11 and in all honesty sadly bar a few seconds we were beating them with 10. Some of the tackles they did were atrocious yet nothing happen. It was a pathetic example of ref engineering results. Just as they did last year trying to get all English clubs out of all the competitions.

Jose was spot on to finally speak out about this nonsense just watching MOTD and few dogy ref calls on it, forget the technology all the refs need brought in and taught the ******* rules agin because they clearly make them up as they go along.'

They ought to bring reviews/challenges into football as well kinda like in tennis and cricket.

Hugh?, Hazard WAS playing, he wasn't on the bench.

There was a very physically weak guy with zero pace and no sense of defensive responsibility on the bench though. I think it's that same guy who never turns up for the big games, and can't get into the spanish side, hmm.. starts with an 'M' doesn't it?

Lol who is this guy and why is he on a Chelsea FC forum?

Glad to have mourinho back, we've never had an identity since he left. When I say identity I mean, what type of football do we play?

Since mourinho left I couldn't just place it. Only during ancelloti's time did we enjoy an identity of possession football.

So finally,

Barcelona - possesion

Realmadrid - counter

Bayern - possesion

Dortmund - counter

Juventus - possesion

Chelsea - counter

We have an identity now :D