The Mourinho Thread

José is a great manager, an awesome tactician, but he seriously needs to grow up and accept unlucky defeats. It's fair to make the dubious statement that the better team lost last night as he's that teams manager and under certain circumstances you can see that Chelsea was more effective and tactically very disciplined, but to see a conspiracy behind every referee decision against his own team is immature. There definitely were wrong decisions in the past that had negative effects on Mourinho's teams, but the sending-off for Ramires last night was well deserved in my opinion. Although he hit the ball first, you can't go into a tackle like this if you were already booked. The ref didn't kill the game lol. The last-minute goal was unlucky. The added time was okay because of the injuries, that's football and not the referees fault. Still happy to have him back here.

I want to ask everyone who's able to answer a question. I don't get to watch TV shows, analysis, referees' and opponents' statements, so I was just wondering if these Mourinho permanent comments about referees do us any good.

It's just that I am tired of seeing other people (from journalists to fans) calling him names and hating on him because he always complains about referees and opponents. And sometimes I agree with them about Mou being wrong (in fairness, Ramires deserved a straight red last night, not a second yellow) but if it helps us by any means, I accept it as it is.

It bothers me slightly when he complains like he did yesterday (because I think he didn't have a point and for some - not me - he may sound like a sore loser), but it's a way to put pressure on referees for upcoming matches.

No one in UEFA wants someone to imply conspiracies against teams, especially not someone as big as José Mourinho. So they might be more careful next time.

Agreed, but I can't help thinking that he sounds like a broken record. You can already guess what he's gonna say after a loss. He's been doing this kind of things since he first came to us so I don't know if anyone is initmidated anymore.

(in fairness, Ramires deserved a straight red last night, not a second yellow) but if it helps us by any means, I accept it as it is.

I disagree with that.
If you look better you will see that Ramires first come to the ball by me is not even a foul for that.

He got completely outclassed by Guardiola and is stirring up this nonsense to distract from it. Guardiola has his team playing football, whereas Mourinho has his best player benched and another variety of shit on a stick each game.

I was excited when Mourinho first came but it seems it was all for nothing. Nothing has really changed. Season started off by not strengthening in any of the key areas we needed, i.e defense, central midfield, striker. We got a manager who has us playing extremely negative football. Our best player is benched. Some mediocre players are favored due to good relations with the manager.

Extremely frustrating time to be a Chelsea fan.

Also people were lapping up Mourinho's comments about youth policy pre season but both De Bruyne and Ginkel are playing side roles. Mostly just lip service from Mourinho.

Maybe. Maybe not. It's only 4 games into the season. We'll play lots of games this season. The likes of De Bruyne, Van Ginkel etc will get their chances. At least wait a little while longer before passing judgment.

Our best player is benched.

Hugh?, Hazard WAS playing, he wasn't on the bench.

There was a very physically weak guy with zero pace and no sense of defensive responsibility on the bench though. I think it's that same guy who never turns up for the big games, and can't get into the spanish side, hmm.. starts with an 'M' doesn't it?

There was a very physically weak guy with zero pace and no sense of defensive responsibility on the bench though. I think it's that same guy who never turns up for the big games, and can't get into the spanish side, hmm.. starts with an 'M' doesn't it?

Doesn't matter

TBF, Mata turned up for the big games last season. Scored twice vs Man utd, scored twice vs Arsenal and twice vs Spurs. And more than a few assists in those games.

He will soon play his way back into the team, but i still expect him to be on the bench for tough away games where we'll have to play on the counter.

Also people were lapping up Mourinho's comments about youth policy pre season but both De Bruyne and Ginkel are playing side roles. Mostly just lip service from Mourinho.

even mata is playing a side role so far and probably lukaku has more minutes than juan does in the 4 games, so by that, will u say that lukaku will play a bigger rile than juan.

plus kdb has started 2 out 4 games, one of which was an away game in the den of the champs. and we had plenty of options to replace him with. so thats a definition of a side role for u?

our first match was hull city - was an easy match with nothing much problem but to expect mou to try on youngsters in his 1st game incharge would have been childish. but still lukaku, mvg get sub appearances. kdb starts.

our 2nd match was against villa, who had just outplayed arsenal at the emirates. not the ideal match for squad rotation. lukaku, mvg get sub appearances.

our 3rd match was against the champions of england in their own den, (kdb - starts), and our 4th match against champions of europe (lukaku get a sub appearance, plus a big responsiblity which he unfortunately bottles up).

mou has given the youth a lot of chance and its not just "lip service"

I was excited when Mourinho first came but it seems it was all for nothing. Nothing has really changed. Season started off by not strengthening in any of the key areas we needed, i.e defense, central midfield, striker. We got a manager who has us playing extremely negative football. Our best player is benched. Some mediocre players are favored due to good relations with the manager.

Extremely frustrating time to be a Chelsea fan.

Why do we need to strengthen defence? we have 2 players for every position, and they're all good. People were only talking about new CB because of the Luiz rumours, and not knowing how JT would play.

In midfield we got MVG who did well in preseason. He needs time to settle in, but i'm sure he will be starting many games soon. And striker has already been addressed.

You must have been deluding yourself if you thought Mourinho was going to come here and play sexy football. He's known for defensive/counter-attacking football. His Real Madrid, Inter and former Chelsea side were all killers on the counter, and he's trying to mold our team into the same. It might not be pretty to some, but it works - just check his medals ;)

And finally the only player that has been favoured is Lampard, i don't know how he gets to start 4 straight games when we have other options on the bench. But meh.

never turns up on the big games??

so united, arsenal,tottenham are not big enough for u?

0 pace and no sense of defensive responsibility. hahahahahahaha

mata IS our best player. he was awarded not just the chelsea player of the year but also the player's player of the year. that should tell u exactly who even the professional players think is our best player.