The Mourinho Thread

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has played down his ongoing spat with Cristiano Ronaldo following Real Madrid's 3-1 win over the Blues in Miami.

The Portugal forward scored twice in the International Champions Cup final as Real got one over on old coach Mourinho, who left the Bernabeu to return to West London.

But the Blues boss, who last year claimed that his compatriot "maybe thinks that he knows everything and that the coach cannot improve him any more", was quick to defuse the war of words.

"You know the declarations against Cristiano is your movie not my movie," he said. "It's not my movie.

"I just tried to identify the person, I just told the true Ronaldo in relation to the Brazilian one.

"If someone told me Thomas Muller and Gerd Muller, for me, the real man is Gerd Muller because he is the first one. And I'm not saying anything against the new kid in Bayern.

"So that's your movie and Real Madrid was last weekend in the movie city but it's not my problem."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8860365/jose-mourinho-plays-down-spat-with-cristiano-ronaldo?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

just as everyone knew, except the press and Cristiano Ronaldo

It is normal, age does that, look at Carlo Ancellotti for example, who was a professionnal footballer.It is very difficult to stay in good shape for a 50 year old man.

Good thing there's no report of some chronic degenarative diseases in him like Hypertension or Diabetes. Good man stays healthy all the time though. Less stress. :D

Good read.

Yeah I feel like this is the challenge he has been missing.

He won everything with a lot of resources now he wants to try to achieve something similar with less resources and more youth.

This will be harder but the rewards will be truly greater.

I hope come December, our usual downtrend in performance we don't press the panic button and buy all out expensive players.

Good read.

He won everything with a lot of resources now he wants to try to achieve something similar with less resources and more youth.

I hope come December, our usual downtrend in performance we don't press the panic button and buy all out expensive players.

That is why I find it amusing how we are sometimes labeled as 'clear' favorites for the title.

His current reign with us is much more difficult than what he did with us back in 04-07. Back then, he built a team of players that were in their prime and established a strong stabilized core. Instant success.

Now he has a group of young talented players that he must develop and organize together to create the next generation of CFC. He's stated that he plans on developing youth prospects and to give this club the stability it's been missing, for that, Jose has my full backing and support.

I just hope some of the fans tone down on the pathetic knee jerk reactions if we somehow finish lower than we should, knowing that this squad is in transition, which it desperately needs.

Stability > Instant success

That is why I find it amusing how we are sometimes labeled as 'clear' favorites for the title.

His current reign with us is much more difficult than what he did with us back in 04-07. Back then, he built a team of players that were in their prime and established a strong stabilized core. Instant success.

Now he has a group of young talented players that he must develop and organize together to create the next generation of CFC. He's stated that he plans on developing youth prospects and to give this club the stability it's been missing, for that, Jose has my full backing and support.

I just hope some of the fans tone down on the pathetic knee jerk reactions if we somehow finish lower than we should, knowing that this squad is in transition, which it desperately needs.

Stability > Instant success

The difference between us and say Arsenal is we still have more than enough experience in the ranks. Dortmund got to the CL final with their pivot and other key players in their early 20's. United won it with Ronaldo and Rooney just out of their teens in 2007. The way to do it is have an experienced spine for most games, especially the top one's (Cech, JT/DL4, Ramires, Mata, Rooney maybe if he joins) and play the youngsters around them and i don't see why we can't atleast challenge.

The difference between us and say Arsenal is we still have more than enough experience in the ranks. Dortmund got to the CL final with their pivot and other key players in their early 20's. United won it with Ronaldo and Rooney just out of their teens in 2007. The way to do it is have an experienced spine for most games, especially the top one's (Cech, JT/DL4, Ramires, Mata, Rooney maybe if he joins) and play the youngsters around them and i don't see why we can't atleast challenge.

Agreed. Experience mixing in with youth. I never claimed we wouldn't challenge, just that I find it ridiculous how many make us out to be clear favorites.

I would rather start Lukaku than buy Rooney and have him on 200k per week. Not to mention having Ba and Torres( who is also sucking the wage budget)

Dortmund had for years Klopp. Not to mention their first CL was a failure.

So it was a work in process.

United with Ronaldo and Rooney took a couple of years to get to the 2007. Before that Mourinho was better because he bought instant success.

And now Chelsea are in similar position. It's a work process which is NOT ready to challenge for anything big.

This is why for me City continue to be favorites to win the tittle this season, and Bayern or Real Madrid to win the CL.

Dortmund had for years Klopp. Not to mention their first CL was a failure.

United with Ronaldo and Rooney took a couple of years to get to the 2007. Before that Mourinho was better because he bought instant success.

And now Chelsea are in similar position. It's a work process which is NOT ready to challenge for anything big.

This is why for me City continue to be favorites to win the tittle this season, and Bayern or Real Madrid to win the CL.

We have been a work in progress since the double, any more and we will morph into Arsenal :lol:

Dortmund may have not pulled up punches in the CL, but they were still winning the Bundesliga easily at that time, Mata, Hazard and Oscar have had a year together now and this are at a similar age to what Rooney and Ronaldo were in 2006, the trio was inconsistent in their first season together but when they clicked it clicked (Old Trafford FA Cup) and they will only have those type of games more often this time round.

I think we can challenge for two reasons as we still have lots of experience and the young players we have are genuinely incredible, we have a perfect mix of both that will only get more if Rooney comes in (and hopefully proves me wrong). Real Madrid's team (managed by Jose) was at a similar stage in 10/11 and they got over 90 points in the league (only denied by the best team since the millennium being at the peak of their powers).

The other reason is United have David Moyes, he did a good job at Everton, but because of his budget he will be a hero there unless he got relegated, this is a different job and i think he will really struggle with the step up and i don't think City are as good as people are making out, they are massively over-rated, the fact all through last season people were calling then the best team in the league despite United running away with it says it all.

It won't be as easy as it was in 04/05 that's for sure, but we are certainly well equipped to challenge imho. I aint being biased i was saying all last summer that we wouldn't go from 6th to 1st, even when we won at WHL and went 4 clear i still stuck to it.

Good points and I agree with majority of it.

I still feel that we are not just there in terms of consistency.

If comes December we have not fallen apart, which tends to be our usual blip on the road time then I would think yes we can do really good.

But other then that, a fa cup, second place and quarter or semis in cl will be a good one for me.

And last your real madrid comparison.... Please don't! It was another outlandish project.

What we are going by now is something new Mourinho has not really taken, and he acknowledge it. It was a challenge he now was ready to take because of his experience in different countries.

Thanks for that. I sort of backs up the article I wrote last week, though I didn't have some of the Primavera info. It doesn't make me feel good because I wrote it first, but because both me and the author may be right. (the name of the blog is PRICELESS)

I really think he's going to look carefully at our Academy and hopefully it will improve. I'm longing for more John Terry's in Chelsea. We need those home made guys, that love this shirt, honor this shirt and live to this club. It makes it special. We don't need 23 players like that - although Schurrle could fit the description :lol: - and I think it's important for EPL to continue to be the best league in the world for English football to continue to develop and make more 'cracks'

Good read.

I disagree slightly about winning with a lot of resources when you look to that Inter team. We had Sneijder and Eto'o who were amazing. Lucio, Júlio César and Maicon who were very consistent, but that was about it. We had a bunch of good players, but only two really good and a very solid defence. And the legend that goes by the name of Javier :worship: Zanetti.

But when you compare to the big teams in Europe, we were very, very modest.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/comment/i-cant-wait-for-our-home-win-against-chelsea--a-fulham-fans-premier-league-season-preview-8761723.html

Fixture you are looking forward to the most…

Our home win over Chelsea.

:lol2:

Edited by 2edenhazard17