The Mourinho Thread

Big LOL on the media bitching on him, because he left out Casillas again for his last game in charge against Malaga tomorrow although Lopez can't play. It's Adan's last game for Real and he would've started anyway... :rolleyes:

and casillas is injured...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/10092719/Jose-Mourinho-makes-a-parting-gesture-as-the-Chelsea-bound-coach-refuses-to-leave-Real-Madrid-on-friendly-terms.html

Jose Mourinho makes a parting gesture as the Chelsea-bound coach refuses to leave Real Madrid on friendly terms

Jose Mourinho has dropped Iker Casillas for his last game in charge of Real Madrid in one final act of defiance in his battle of wills with the club captain. Cristiano Ronaldo has also been left out of the squad to face Osasuna.

Mourinho will be without his first choice keeper, Diego López, after he had minor surgery this week but instead of calling an amnesty with Casillas and picking him for the last game of the season he will leave the World Cup winner in the stands and choose between the club’s third and fourth choice keepers.

Antonio Adan, 26, who came in for Casillas when Mourinho first dropped him for the trip to Malaga in December is expected to start in goal. And 24-year-old B-team keeper Jesus Fernandez is likely to start on the bench.

:Goober:

TBF, most of our other managers after Mourinho, apart from Scolari and AVB, had Wenger figured out. Then again, it wasn't exactly that difficult to play them generally then, was it? Be physical, sit back and hit on the counter.

Reminds me of an observation by Jon Champion during a victory over the Gooners in the double winning season under Carlo, " Arsenal play the football, Chelsea score the goals."

Mourinho has massive problems with Casillas and Ramos thats one of the reasons hes leaving other than the failure to win a Cl among other things.

Leaving out Casillas even though hes fit and not injured, is being looked at as his swan song, believe me it wouldnt be news if iker was injured lol.

He will play Adan, would have played Lopez since lopez probably wont see the light of day next year but who knows.

And he will not be announced for chelsea tommorow i'd bet on it. Its his last game, its too much to do it all in one day and also a bit disrespectful as if that matters at this point lol.

He will probably be announced on monday.

I just cannot wait to see his face in that first PC and him wearing something that represents Chelsea once again. Exciting times ahead for this club IMO and the right signings could mean our return to the summit of the PL and Jose is just the man to do it.

Since this is the main mourinho thread i would like to share a post that i posted on another mourinho thread in this forum, i am a madrid fan and here is my analysis of how i rank mourinho's time in madrid.

In Madrid theres a structure where behavior and values are looked at with a microscope in a special way, in madrid this is called "senorio", where madrid is looked or was looked at as classy to put it simply. Kind of how Barcelona stands for values as they say with "mes que un club". ( This was problem A for Mou before he went to madrid).

In Madrid there is a belief that you have to "die" attacking, people dont want to see madrid defending on their back foot in their own home. There is a certain spanish style in madrid's history (epitomized recently in the late 80's with la quinta del buitre which won la liga for almost an entire decade). ( Problem B for Mou before he went to madrid.)

So these two problems were going to make it hard for mourinho to live a peaceful life here because as everyone knew, he had an attitude which would clash with "senorio", like joining barcelona with the values they have...So he had the problem with attitude and he had the problem with the way hed make the team play, so controversy and pain was almost guaranteed before he arrived.

Well when madrid got him, pellegrini was sacked so he could come. People knew that bringing mou had its drawbacks, specially for us as not only the attitude and style was in doubt, but also his ability to build a long term plan. Well the whole thing when we brought him was that THE END HAD TO JUSTIFY THE MEANS. Mourinho is more RESULTIST than a coach like guardiola in that a coach like guardiola or cryuff hellped build legacies, canteras, styles of football, and football with substance that could be evolutionized and revolutionized into being something special. Mou brings nothing of this because as his track record showed, his football was not long term in that sense and if anything he had shown that his way of being was ANTI long term. So based on this maybe a coach like guardiola who is classy and has this long term thing to him could be saved from being "hanged" but when a coach that is so arrogant and controversial and plays such a negative football and is like SATAN to what madrid stands for comes to madrid and fails to justify the means with his arrival, the only thing i can do as the majority can is deem his time here as a FAILURE.

Forget about all other competitions other than la liga and champions league.

HE FAILED TO WIN 5/6 OF THOSE TOURNAMENTS.

He got beat by barcelona twice in the league, and despite things that you can point at like the red card on pepe in 10/11 in the CL SEMI FINAL, the scheme he brought to madrid was so poor that we got lambasted 3 years in a row by dortmund, munich, and barcelona. Bare in mind that in each and every of the campaigns the only time we had real formidable foes in our way to the semi finals was this year when we faced manchester united and we only won because the referee made a mistake with NANI.

So bottom line mourinho failed in Madrid because his football philosophy is non existant, he left us with nothing, no type of good football that can be expanded and that a legacy or football project can be created with like the ones with bayern munich, dortmund, or barcelona, which are coincidentally the teams that took us down. His football was so horrible that we lost two la ligas because teams figured us out,we were either ill prepared tactically or mentally and emotionally because in 12/13 there was civil war in madrid leading to a huge dip in form in the first half of season. So mourinho left no type of football philosophy, and he failed to win 5/6 real trophies. Thats an 83 percent failure he had in madrid.

So he left us with a horrible brand of football if it can even be called a brand, and with 1 trophy out of 6. So in that side of the coin its a total FAILURE.

On THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN. You could say he brought madrid back into relevance into the CL SEMI FINALS, this is probably the only justification his most dire supporters can use, but the reality is that since VICENTE DEL BOSQUE IN 2003 AND NOT EVEN THEN! No one has been given more power or money to spend than jose mourinho. And what did jose do with that power? He made a circus out of madrid making us look like bastards with guys like Xavi defending the senorio of real madrid, our OWN CLUB by saying that mourinho was a cancer. So this is nto a justification. Its like saying " hey madrid finally gave someone a chance and when they gave the guy a chance you know what he did? he made us look like clowns, made horrible purchases, and failed to win the trophies more than 80 percent of the time!"

Aside from that theres nothing more to say, mou was a failure in each and every way. He gave us a 3 year run of consistency, its a step forward but its due to his overated status and not to what he did here, thats why guys like PEREZ are idiots and these last 4 years of his i will wish to see race past me as i dont want perez in madrid.

Mourinho failed.

He failed with the trophies.

He failed with the football.

Thats why everyone was saying "madrid is it really worth the cost?" well the answer was, "lets wait till its over to decide", and now we can answer with a big NO. He made us into clowns and losers, LITERALLY. The return of relevance was due to the club waking up a little bit and realizing that no matter who the coach if you treat him like sh*T and dont give him time nothing good will happen. Mou did nothing special with out team considering he built it wrong around a bad football brand, spent alot of money, i mean someone like pellegrini if he had stayed would have been classy, would have brought better football, and if given time would have probably led to trophies, as mourinho showed, he is not the best manager or coach in the world in any way, he just has a short term winning formula ( that is not guaranteed btw) that packs in a high dose of controversy and bullshi*T.

Now about his transfers..They were horrible...

He brought Nuri Sahin and probably never even watched him play considering he didnt know what to do with him and ostracized him completely, by making alonso play almost every game of the season. Nuri Sahin was a failure.

Di Maria is a clown, he is predictable, a prolific diver, overated, and cant pass for sh*t, only thing he has is good work rate.

Coentrao was a 30 million failure, not needed here, mou tried him in midfield and failed, and he failed at displacing marcelo too.

Altintop? HAHAAHAHAHa

Modric maybe his biggest failure. So expensive, could have brought someone like gundogan or given sahin more of a chance but he spent so much on modric just so that he didnt know what to do, what a piece of sh*T mourinho prove to be with transfers. None of his transfers had impact, they were all overpriced flops.

Coentrao is madrid biggest mistake but he will be sold for around 18 i heard, and modric will be given a chance since mou just played him as utility player anywhere not knowing what to do with him.

Mourinho is a bit of a fraud, he is sh*T tactically, he got beat soundly in all the 3 CL semi finals tactically.

Go to google and type in Zonal mARKING along with the match ud want to check like the bayern vs madrid match in 11/12, very profound explanations of the rape mourinho took. He built such a shit team that he had to take a midfielder out and the rb out more than once in la liga games this year to put in callejon and kaka in an attempt to throw all attacking players out there and hope for a goal. SEVILLA GAME WAS THE LOWEST POINT.

http://www.zonalmark...of-both-halves/

A piece of sh*t tactically and financially, and he failed in all fronts.

Forgive me if i am harsh but this is the reality. He made us waste money on people we didnt need and he didnt know how to use, he left us with no positives in the football area, failed to win the trophies, did not do a "special job", did not justify the means, behaved like a classless prick, and hurt our image. A CL would have justified the means as crazy as it sounds, but with the controversy with the players and everything...a facking disgrace.

Oh and dont get me started on the players..80 percent of the dressing room was against him. So were the fans because he was an asshole who didnt keep his promises to guys like benzema. Only arbeloa, modric, essien, lopez, callejon, licked his ass in the end. Even pepe told him to fck off after what he did to iker.

FAILURE.

Who do i want in madrid? Someone who could bring progressive football, with advanced technical football like the ones we see from the germans so that we can build a long term project like a modern club should, maybe someone like laudrup or heynckes. Trophy cabinets like mourinho's mean jack shit if you dont take all areas into account.

But perez is an idiot, i was illusioned with the arrival of zidane as our GM that we would do what i wish but we are sliding towards ancelotti which is like mourinho but less bound to successful, plays sht football, very defensive minded, all is going wrong. I dont know why zidane didnt advice perez on this.

Apparently madrid will get ancelotti and bale and that sickens me, we will play shit football that has led to our demise in europe ( i could go further into detail into mourinhos failings but i wont atm) with managers like him or mou we wont get to see ozil shine in the correct place in the pitch, we will fail against park the bus teams and lose la ligas, all while playing shit football. ( I maybe be too hard carlo him atm we will see).

And the overpriced one trick pony bale...He is overpriced and would get unmasked if put into a passing side. Weve never seen profficient passing skills, or football inteligence, or through balls, or ability to beat players without speed, from bale. All he is, is a countering machine with a hell of a shot, but in madrid we should strive for more than that, and its because of our reluctance that we lose our chances at real geniuses like gotze, reus, and now apparently isco. Which are much better with the ball, can do much more with it, and are much cheaper.

I think that answers your question :D

What do i expect from mourinho in chelsea? These are different circumstances, maybe hes happy here and vice versa, i dont know but to leave it shortly, dont expect great deals in transfers if mou is given big authority, all i can say is he will do atleast ok we will see. but the best case scenario is that he is given time, and he wins by keeping player morale high and keeping a good grip of the areas in football by winning. Worst case scenario is that there is YET ANOTHER COMBUSTION and everything goes to hell; the relationships the football, EVERYTHING. DO NOT expect to see revolutionizing football like Bayern's or barca's Or Dortmund, or simply put technical, like Athletic Bilbao's last season.

If anything i would like to inform many here to reconsider your view of mourinho if your are capable enough to realize that your view of him is overrated and miscalculated, IF THAT IS INDEED THE CASE ATLEAST. I feel i explained the reasoning behind this well.

Was given total control of the madrid ship and sent it crashing into flames. He was not the right man for the job.