The Mourinho Thread

Some people are so uneducated when it comes to Mourinho it's actually frightening. Its bad enough getting this from opposition fans.

Mourinho knows how to win games, to win trophies, that should never be mixed up with playing boring football. In the 04/05 season especially we played fantastic, attacking football just because we could defend, don't mix that with playing boring football. Mou likes to relax a bit when were 3-0 up in matches instead of going for 7 or 8 (ala Carlo) but again that should not be mistaken for boring football, as it preserves energy for the next games. I rather win two matches 2-0 then one 8-0 and draw the other 0-0 because were shattered.

People who think Mourinho would reverted to Essien and Lampard in the pivot are again outrageously paranoid. There is one thing saying he's defensive minded, it's a complete other thing saying he will surrender the midfield battle, absolutely no way and for my money that will be the main area he tries to sort out this summer. Mourinho is not a Liverpool fan, he won't surrender title's because he is in love with 2005.

Mourinho will get the balance right in this squad (something we have been crying out for all season, no?)

There is a joy in winning bastardized football. I don't feel it anymore though. I'm sorry. It's an embarrassment that we've spent more than half a billion pounds and still can't get these guys to string two passes together against good teams. We have to establish a long term tradition of playing exciting football, and promoting the many young talents we have at the club. Mourinho is not the right choice.

If you are desparate to win titles in a space of a couple of years, Mourinho is an excellent choice. If though you care about style, promoting good traditions, promoting good football in a way that benefits the club in the long term, you should stay away from Mourinho. He is a manager that manages with certainty to create such an acrimonious atmosphere wherever he is that he has to leave within a couple of years. Remember we were 5th in the league when Mourinho was fired. This will again end in tears like it did last time.

Stay away ! Go to Mansour please ! Hopefully we can get someone like Heyneckes or Klopp.

People who think Mourinho would reverted to Essien and Lampard in the pivot are again outrageously paranoid. There is one thing saying he's defensive minded, it's a complete other thing saying he will surrender the midfield battle, absolutely no way and for my money that will be the main area he tries to sort out this summer. Mourinho is not a Liverpool fan, he won't surrender title's because he is in love with 2005.

Not only that, people are also paranoid that we will go back to play the supposed dull and boring football under Mourinho. He's intelligent and adaptable enough to recognize the kind of players that we have and the playing style that suits us with those players.

mourinho = top quality counter attacking football -so with players like hazard , rammy and schurrle??? it should be good.

idk why people think his sides play like pub teams and hoof it and hope for the best.

If you look on playing style at most successful clubs at the moment - Bayern, Borussia. They also play some sort of counter attacking football. Then it comes to defend they try to have as much players behind the ball as they can. Going forward they play fast and direct, some sort of counter attack, but only with many numbers.

In 11/12 season Real played similar to this. But this style is very demanding to players. In 11/12 Real have on form Khedira and best pair of CB - Pepe, Ramos. This season they all out of form.

If Jose come and make us look as Real 11/12 I am will be happy, but we definetly need a proper CM/DM to add.

Benitez told Spanish radio Onda Cero: 'What I am sure about is that next season Chelsea will be much better because they will spend £100m and they will sign three or four players

needs to happen

Benitez told Spanish radio Onda Cero: 'What I am sure about is that next season Chelsea will be much better because they will spend £100m and they will sign three or four players

with 100m £ to spend who would you like to see here?

IN

Witsel : 32

Di Maria : 35

Cavani : 42

A. Song : 20

Omeruo : 0

KDB : 0

Essien : 0

sub total : 129

OUT

Marin : 7

Torres : 15

Mikel : 10

Malouda : free

Benayoun ; free

Turnbull : free

Hilario : free

Ferreira : free

Ake : Loan

Lukaku : Loan (with recall option)

sub total : 32

Grand total : 97M £

A. Song is homegrown

------------ Cech -----------

Azpi -- Ivan -- Luiz -- Cole

------- Witsel -- Song -----

Di Maria - Mata - Hazard

------------ Cavani ---------

-------------- Blackman --------------

Wallace - Cahill - Terry - Bertrand

---------- Romeu --- Lampard -----

- KDB -------- Oscar ---- Moses---

------------------ BA -------------------

Squad depth with : Omeruo, Essien, Ramires (may be should consider Kalas, Kakuta and PVA too)

What's you point of view?

PS: I would like to add Luke Shaw to that list, even if surplus to requirement and loan him back the next full season.

Replace song with moutinho and that would be my dream summer.

Moutinho is close to sign a deal with Monaco... They proposed 40 M € for him... we can't forget

Source from asm forum (other sites btw) http://www.planete-asm.fr/actualite/11437-transferts-l-as-monaco-accelere-sur-le-dossier-moutinho.html

Di Maria is not good enough compared to the price. Just keep Oscar on that spot instead of Di Maria and get a new CB for the Di Maria money. I'm not that much in to Song aswell and I would hate to leave out Ramires. His work rate is so important to our team.

"just" get Cavani (or Lewan), Witsel and a CB and I would be over the moon.

Oscar will never be a winger, like it or not... He is a nb 10 or can only be converted as regista in a deeper role.

We played 68 games this season? We will make rotations, so everybody will play a bunch of games.

But only at the right position !!! That would give 40 starts for Mata, 30 for Oscar + substitutions ? I have no problem about that